Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
By the author of the Rogue Mage series and the Rhea Lynch, M.D. series
What is the Jane Yellowrock series about?
Gwendolyn Faith Hunter is an American author writing in the fantasy and thriller genres. As just Faith Hunter, she’s writing the urban fantasy series about Jane Yellowrock.
In New Orleans, Jane hunts vampires for a living, but she’s not just a hunter, she’s a skinwalker of Cherokee descent who can turn into any creature she desires.
If you like Jane Yellowrock, you may also want to see our Mercy Thompson reading order, or our guide to the Kate Daniels series.
How to read the Jane Yellowrock Books in Order?
I. Only the Jane Yellowrock novels in publication order
- Skinwalker – Jane Yellowrock is the last of her kind—a skinwalker of Cherokee descent who can turn into any creature she desires and hunts vampires for a living. But now she’s been hired by Katherine Fontaneau, one of the oldest vampires in New Orleans and the madam of Katies’s Ladies, to hunt a powerful rogue vampire who’s killing other vamps.
- Blood Cross – The vampire council has hired skinwalker Jane Yellowrock to hunt and kill one of their own who has broken sacred ancient rules-but Jane quickly realizes that in a community that is thousands of years old, loyalties run deep…
- Mercy Blade – Jane Yellowrock crosses paths with a stranger who has arrived in New Orleans, enlisted to hunt vampires who have gone insane-or so he says…
- Raven Cursed – The vampires of Asheville, North Carolina, want to establish their own clan, but since they owe loyalty to Leo Pellissier, the Master of the City of New Orleans–and Jane’s boss–they must work out the terms with him. To come up with an equitable solution, Leo sends an envoy with the best bodyguard money can buy: Jane Yellowrock.
- Death’s Rival – For a vampire killer like Jane Yellowrock, having Leo Pellisier as a boss took some getting used to. But now, someone is out to take his place as Master Vampire of the city of New Orleans, and is not afraid to go through Jane to do it. After an attack that’s tantamount to a war declaration, Leo knows his rival is both powerful and vicious, but Leo’s not about to run scared. After all, he has Jane. But then, a plague strikes, one that takes down vampires and makes their masters easy prey.
- Blood Trade – The Master of Natchez, Mississippi has a nasty problem on his hands. Rogue vampires—those who follow the Naturaleza and believe that humans should be nothing more than prey to be hunted—are terrorizing his city. Luckily, he knows the perfect skinwalker to call in to take back the streets. But what he doesn’t tell Jane Yellowrock is that there’s something different about these vamps.
- Black Arts – When Evan Trueblood blows into town looking for his wife, Molly, he’s convinced that she came to see her best friend, Jane Yellowrock. But it seems like the witch made it to New Orleans and then disappeared without a trace.
- Broken Soul – When the Master of the city of New Orleans asks Jane Yellowrock to improve security for a future visit from a delegation of European vampires, she names an exorbitant price—and Leo is willing to pay. That’s because the European vamps want Leo’s territory, and he knows that he needs Jane to prevent a total bloodbath. Leo, however, doesn’t mention how this new job will change Jane’s life or the danger it will bring her and her team.
- Dark Heir – For centuries, the extremely powerful and ruthless vampire witches of the European Council have wandered the Earth, controlling governments, fostering war, creating political conflict, and often leaving absolute destruction in their wake. One of the strongest of them is set to create some havoc in the city of New Orleans, and it’s definitely personal. Jane Yellowrock is tasked with tracking him down.
- Shadow Rites – A missing master vampire, presumed long deceased, is found chained in a pit…undead, raving mad, and in the company of two human bodies. Now it’s up to Jane Yellowrock to find out who kept the vampire hidden for so long and why, because the incident could tip already high supernatural tensions to an all-out arcane war.
- Cold Reign – Jane Yellowrock walks softly and carries a big stake to keep the peace in New Orleans, all part of her job as official Enforcer to Leo Pellissier, Master of the City. But Leo’s reign is being threatened by a visit from a delegation of ancient European vampires seeking to expand their dominions.
- Dark Queen – As Enforcer to the vampire Master of the City of New Orleans, Jane Yellowrock stakes her reputation and her life on keeping her territory safe. But Leo has been issued a blood challenge by the emperor of the European vampires, who seeks to usurp all of his power and possessions. If Leo loses the match to death, the city will be forfeited, and the people of New Orleans will suffer the consequences. Jane can’t let that happen.
- Shattered Bonds – Jane Yellowrock is vampire-killer-for-hire, but her last battle with an ancient arcane enemy has brought her low. She seeks retreat in the Appalachian Mountains to grieve the loss of her friends, and to heal—or to die—from the disease brought on by her magic.
- True Dead – Jane Yellowrock is holed up in the mountains with the Yellowrock Clan, enjoying a little peace, when a surprise attack on her people proves that trouble is brewing. Someone is using very old magic to launch a bid for power, and it’s all tied to the place where Jane was first drawn into the world of Leo Pellissier—the city of New Orleans.
- Final Heir – Jane Yellowrock is the queen of the vampires, and that makes her a target as she fights to maintain control and keep peace in the city of New Orleans. She has enemies at every turn, because vampires live forever, and they keep their grudges alive with them. That includes the Heir, the vampire sire of the Pellissier bloodline, which gave rise to Leo Pellissier himself—Jane’s old boss and the former master of the city.
II. The Jane Yellowrock series in chronological order
- Water Witch Crossover D.B. Jackson (Hannah Everhart)
- Explosion on King’s Street Crossover David B Coe (Hannah Everhart)
- Eighteen Sixty – Short story collected in The Weird Wild West
- Wolves Howling in the Night – Short story collected in Lawless Lands
- WeSa and the Lumber King – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Make it Snappy – Short story collected in Urban Enemies
- The Early Years – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Snafu – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Cat Tats – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Kits’ – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Haints’ – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Signatures of the Dead – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- First Sight – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Blood Cross
- Mercy Blade
- Blood, Fangs and Going Furry – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Dance Master – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Raven Cursed
- Cajun With Fangs – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Golden Delicious – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Easy Pickings
- Death’s Rival
- George Meets Beast
- Blood Trade
- The Devil’s Left Boot
- – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Beneath a Bloody Moon – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Black Water – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Black Arts
- Off the Grid – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Shiloh and the Brick
- Broken Soul
- Not All is as it Seems – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Dark Heir
- Blood of the Earth (part of Faith Hunter’s Soulwood Series)
- How Occam Got His Name – published online at Bea’s Book Nook
- Cat Fight – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Bound No More – Short story collected in Blood in Her Veins
- Candy from a Vampire
- It’s just a Date
- Shadow Rites
- Curse on the Land (part of Faith Hunter’s Soulwood Series)
- Anzu, Duba, Beast
- She Bitch – Short story collected in The Monster Hunter Files
- Cold Reign
- Flame in the Dark (part of Faith Hunter’s Soulwood Series)
- Black Friday Shopping
- Death and the Fashionista – Short story collected in The Death of All Things
- My Dark Knight – Short story collected in Temporally Deactivated
- Dark Queen
- Shattered Bonds
- Circle of the Moon (part of Faith Hunter’s Soulwood Series)
- Bound into Darkness – Short story collected in Dirty Deeds
- The Ties That Bind – Short story collected in Dirty Deeds
- True Dead
- Final Heir
If you like our article about the Jane Yellowrock series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!