A world filled with secrets, evil twin sister and voodoo.
What is Ruby about (or The Landry Series)?
After the success of the new adaptation of Flowers in the Attic and its sequel, Lifetime continued to adapt V.C. Andrews’ books, first with adaptation of The Casteel series and then with The Landry series, with V.C. Andrews’ Ruby Movie Series Event.
The Ruby Series or The Landry Series is actually not written by V.C. Andrews but by Andrew Neiderman, the ghostwriter hired by her estate to continue to write novels to be published under her name (Virginia Andrews’s name is considered a valuable commercial asset).
Ruby Landry’s story takes place in the Louisiana bayou whe she falls madly in love with her boyfriend Paul. However, it isn’t long before she find out a dark family secret that would change her life forever. The twisted roots of her family tree are brought to the light after she reunites with her estranged father and meets her conniving twin sister.
The Landry series Books in Order:
- Ruby — The only family Ruby Landry has ever known are her loving guardian Grandmere Catherine, a Cajun spiritual healer, and her drunken Grandpere Jack. Her life is filled with hope and promise, especially when her attraction to handsome Paul Tate blossoms into a wonderful love affair. When Grandmere dies, she runs off to New Orleans and eventually finds her father. Soon, Ruby is quickly subjected to his world of lies, torment…and madness. Still, she clings to her memories of Paul—for only true love might be able to save her now.
- Pearl in the Mist — Even after a year as a Dumas, Ruby still wonders at the splendor of the family’s New Orleans mansion. But Ruby must carefully avoid a venomous enemy: her stepmother, Daphne. And Ruby’s every effort to befriend her twin sister, Gisselle is answered with bitterness and vicious backstabbing. So idyllic Greenwood — the exclusive girls’ boarding school that her father has chosen for his daughters’ senior year — seems to promise some peace. But Ruby’s kind isn’t welcome at Greenwood, and the legendarily strict headmistress, Mrs. Ironwood, plots with her stepmother to make her life miserable. Meanwhile, Gisselle is on a mission to break every school rule, leaving Ruby to suffer the humiliating punishments. Ruby will have to summon every last ounce of her Cajun strength to reclaim her home, her future, and the happiness she once knew….
- All That Glitters — Living again in a humble shack, Ruby is determined to make a secure and happy home for her precious infant daughter, Pearl. Paul Tate is at her side once more, now a man of dazzling wealth. When he whisks her into his grand house, it seems their future is assured. Then her venomous twin sister, Gisselle, arrives to taunt her with news of Beau Andreas, the true father Pearl has never met. Desperate to find the complete, fulfilling life she craves, Ruby builds a precarious new existence, a flimsy shanty of hope that the first flood washes away. Only when the storm exposes the very blackest evils of the past will she glimpse the rainbow’s fragile promise, a morning of sunshine and laughter with a family of her own….
- Hidden Jewel — Raised in a New Orleans mansion filled with kindness and laughter, Pearl dreams of becoming a doctor. But when a cruel accident befalls one of Pearl’s twin brothers, her tormented mother flees back to her Cajun roots. Pearl journeys to the swamps in search of her mother and the shocking truths of her heritage. Luckily, she discovers a blessed refuge in the warm embrace of a gentle Cajun man. But, until the storm clouds clear, Pearl cannot savor the springtime sweetness that always, always seems beyond tomorrow.
- Tarnished Gold — Prequel to the first book. Gabriel Landry is blissfully happy – until rich cannery owner Octavious Tate waylays her near a secluded pond and shatters her innocence, forever. Pregnant and desolate, Gabriel agrees to a shocking plan that will allow Octavious’ frigid wife, Gladys, to claim the baby as her own. But nothing can prepare Gabriel for the terrible moment when Gladys takes her baby away. Drifting in a world of gloom, Gabriel is only comforted by chance glimpses of her son, until a hunting party brings handsome Creole millionaire Pierre Dumas to the bayou. Falling desperately in love, Gabriel will not heed the voice warning her that their joy may bring her more grief than she can bear.