Black Lightning isn’t the only one with electrical powers, there’s also Michael Vey.
Who is Michael Vey?
Michael Vey is the main protagonist in the Richard Paul Evans young adult science-fiction series.
He is a fourteen-year-old teenager who is diagnosed with Tourette’s syndrome and has the ability to pulse or surge electricity out of the palms of his hands. Obviously, he thinks he is the only one with that kind of power, but that changes when he meets Taylor. Together, with their friend Ostin, they join the Electroclan in their fight against the Elgen.
Michael Vey Books in Order:
- Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25— To everyone at Meridian High School, Michael Vey is just the kid who has Tourette’s syndrome. But in truth, Michael has electric powers and thinks he is unique, until he discovers that a cheerleader named Taylor has the same mysterious powers. With the help of Michael’s friend, Ostin, the three of them set out to discover how Michael and Taylor ended up with their abilities.
- Michael Vey: Rise of the Elgen—Michael, Taylor, Ostin, and the rest of the Electroclan have escaped from the Elgen Academy in Pasadena and are headed back to Idaho to plan their next move. A mysterious voice leads them to the jungles of Peru in search of Michael’s mother.
- Michael Vey: Battle of the Ampere— The Elgen have joined forces with the Peruvian army to capture the Electroclan, and only Michael has managed to remain free. With his friends due to stand trial for terrorism—a charge that may carry the death penalty—Michael will need all his wits and his abilities if he’s to save them.
- Michael Vey: Hunt for the Jade Dragon—Michael, Taylor, Ostin and the rest of the Electroclan head to China in search of a girl who may have discovered why Michael and his friends became electric. Her name is Lin Julung, or Jade Dragon, and she’s a child prodigy with an IQ higher than Einstein’s—and Ostin’s. But Hatch gets to her first, and the Elgen are holding her prisoner in their Taiwan Starxource plant.
- Michael Vey: Storm of Lightning— The Electroclan is on the run. The resistance movement has been compromised. The safe house has been destroyed. The voice is in hiding, and they have no idea if their families are alive … or dead. Meanwhile, the Elgen are on the move. They’ve launched a new assault on the small island nation of Tuvalu.
- Michael Vey: Fall of Hades— The head of the resistance, known only as the voice, believes that the best way to wipe out the Elgen is to steal their money. That means capturing the Joule, the Elgen boat that serves as a floating treasury. To do this, Michael and his friends need help … a lot of help.
- Michael Vey: The Final Spark— The battle on the island of Hades ended with a devastating explosion. However, Hatch survived and while his plans have certainly suffered a setback, he’s more determined than ever to bring the world’s governments under his control. But first, he wants to wipe out the Resistance and capture the remaining members of the Electroclan.