Last Updated 4 months ago.Welcome to a world full of magical creatures.
What is Fablehaven about?
Fantasy book series for children written by Brandon Mull, Fablehaven is about kids discovering a mystical world full of magical beings, and fighting Evil to protect it.
The story is set around 13-year-old Kendra and 11-year-old Seth Sorenson as they visit their grandparents in Connecticut. After Kendra discovers a strange book, they follow a path that leads them to a whole new hidden and amazingly mysterious world called Fablehaven. Now they must defend this place and its creatures from a horde of imprisoned demons.
Fablehaven Books in Order:
- Fablehaven – Kendra and her brother Seth have no idea their grandfather is the current caretaker of Fablehaven. Inside the gated woods, ancient laws give relative order among greedy trolls, mischievous satyrs, plotting witches, spiteful imps, and jealous fairies. However, when the rules get broken, an arcane evil is unleashed, forcing Kendra and Seth to face the greatest challenge of their lives. To save her family, Fablehaven, and perhaps the world, Kendra must find the courage to do what she fears most.
- Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star – At the end of the school year, Kendra and her brother Seth find themselves racing back to Fablehaven, a refuge for mythical and magical creatures. Grandpa Sorenson, the caretaker, invites three specialists — a potion master, a magical relics collector, and a mystical creature trapper — to help protect the property from the Society of the Evening Star, an ancient organization determined to infiltrate the preserve and steal a hidden artifact of great power. Time is running out. The Evening Star is storming the gates.
- Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague – Danger lurks everywhere at Fablehaven, where someone has released a plague that transforms beings of light into creatures of darkness. In dire need of help, the Sorensons question where to turn, now that long trusted allies have been revealed as potential foes. Kendra embarks on a special mission that only she can attempt because of her new abilities as fairykind, while Seth stays behind and discovers an incredible new talent of his own.
- Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary – Two hidden artifacts have been found. Three more remain unrecovered. More preserves face destruction as the Society of the Evening Star relentlessly pursues new talismans. Reading in Patton’s Journal of Secrets, Kendra learns the location of the key to a vault housing one of the artifacts. In order to retrieve it, the Knights of the Dawn must enter a death trap a dragon sanctuary called Wyrmroost.
- Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison – Since ancient times, the great demon prison Zzyzx has protected the world from the most dangerous servants of darkness, including Gorgrog, the Demon King. After centuries of plotting, the Sphinx is on the verge of recovering the five artifacts necessary to open the legendary prison. Facing the potential of a world-ending calamity, Kendra, Seth, and the Knights of the Dawn will venture far beyond the walls of Fablehaven to strange and exotic magical preserves across the globe, where the end of every quest becomes the beginning of another.
Dragonwatch Books in Order:
The Deagonwatch series is a sequel set four months after the Demon Prison was closed by Kendra and Seth. In the hidden dragon sanctuary of Wyrmroost, Celebrant the Just, King of the Dragons, plots his revenge. He has long seen the sanctuaries as prisons, and he wants nothing more than to overthrow his captors and return the world to the Age of Dragons, when he and his kind ruled and reigned without borders. The time has come to break free and reclaim his power.
- Dragonwatch – No one person is capable of stopping Celebrant and his dragon horde. It will take the ancient order of Dragonwatch to gather again if there is any chance of saving the world from destruction. In ancient times, Dragonwatch was a group of wizards, enchantresses, dragon slayers, and others who originally confined the majority of dragons into sanctuaries. But nearly all of the original Dragonwatch members are gone, and so the wizard Agad reaches out to Grandpa Sorenson for help.
- Dragonwatch: Wrath of the Dragon King – After a humiliating defeat at the hands of Kendra and Seth, Celebrant, King of Dragons, prepares to unleash his fury and take control of his native preserve. Armed with information from a new ally—Ronodin, the dark unicorn—Celebrant seeks a legendary talisman—the dominion stone.
- Dragonwatch: Master of the Phantom Isle – The dragons have formally declared war on anyone who stands in their way of freedom and unrestrained power. With every dragon sanctuary that falls, Celebrant, the Dragon King, comes closer to his goal of world domination. No single mortal or creature can stop Celebrant. Kendra will need to raise an army of friends and allies to accomplish her mission to thwart Celebrant because her brother Seth and her closest ally, Bracken, are missing.
- Dragonwatch: Champion of the Titan Games – The war against dragons intensifies. Will Kendra and Seth find the help they desperately need from the Giant Queen? This fourth book in a five-book series leaves the underwater dragon preserve of Crescent Lagoon for a gladiator-style arena at Titan Valley—the magical realm of towering giants and enslaved dragons. Our two young heroes have never felt so small or faced a challenge so . . . giant!
- Dragonwatch: Return of the Dragon Slayers – The magical world teeters on the brink of collapse. The Dragon King, Celebrant, has united the dragons into a vengeful army, and only a final artifact stands in the way of them unleashing their fury against humankind. With established allegiances shifting under the strain, Seth and Kendra find themselves in desperate need of new allies in this fifth and final volume of Dragonwatch.