Nicholas Flamel, the man who discovered the philosopher’s stone. You know, like in Harry Potter…
What is The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel about?
Written by Irish author Michael Scott, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel is a young adult fantasy series about a French alchemist … and immortal Nicholas Flamel.
The story centers around Sophie and Josh Newman, two fifteen-year-old Americans whose life is changed forever when Dr. John Dee engages Josh’s boss and bookstore owner, Nick Fleming (who’s really Nicholas Flamel), in a battle of magic in order to steal an ancient book, The Book of Abraham the Mage.
The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Books in Order:
- The Alchemyst – Nicholas Flamel is the greatest Alchemyst to ever live. The records show that he died in 1418, but what if he’s actually been making the elixir of life for centuries? The secrets to eternal life are hidden within the book he protects – the Book of Abraham the Mage. It’s the most powerful book that has ever existed, and in the wrong hands, it will destroy the world. And that’s exactly what Dr. John Dee plans to do when he steals it.
- The Magician – After fleeing Ojai, Nicholas, Sophie, Josh, and Scatty emerge in Paris, the City of Lights. Home for Nicholas Flamel. Only this homecoming is anything but sweet. Perenell is still locked up back in Alcatraz and Paris is teeming with enemies. Nicollo Machiavelli, immortal author and celebrated art collector, is working for Dee. He’ s after them, and time is running out for Nicholas and Perenell.
- The Sorceress – Dr John Dee has destroyed Paris in his mission to find Nicholas Flamel and Sophie and Josh Newman. The two missing pages of the book of Abraham the Mage are still with them and the Dark Elders need them for the Final Summoning. They will not rest until they are in power and the human race has been destroyed. Nicholas Flamel knows he must protect Josh and Sophie and the pages from the Dark Elders.
- The Necromancer – Sophie and Josh have returned to San Francisco. They must protect themselves from the Dark Elders, but they’ve not yet mastered the magic they’ll need to do so. Their trust in Nicholas Flamel is shaken, and their friend Scatty is missing. Unbeknownst to the twins, John Dee has amassed an enormous army of foul creatures, with which he plans to battle Nicholas and his wife, Peronelle. In order for his plan to work, he must train a necromancer to raise the Mother of the Gods from the dead.
- The Death of Joan of Arc (short story) – Joan of Arc was not burned at the stake in Rouen, France in 1431. She was rescued from certain death by Scathach the Warrior. The truth about that day is revealed in the last will and testament of William of York.
- The Warlock – The twins of prophecy have been divided–the end has begun. The end is finally near. Josh Newman has chosen a side, and he will not stand with his sister, Slophie, or the Alchemyst, Nicholas Flamel. He will fight alongside Dee and the mysterious Virginia Dare. Unless Sophie can find her twin before the battle begins, all is lost—forever
- Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas (short story) – Years before Sophie and Josh Newman met Nicholas Flamel, two legendary warriors fought together for the first time. Billy the Kid and Scathach the Shadow. Now that lost story can be told . . .
- The Enchantress – The twins of prophecy have been split. Nicholas Flamel is near death. John Dee has the swords of power. And Danu Talis has yet to fall. The future of the human race lies in the balance – how will the legend end?