Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
From the author of Stone Barrington.
What is the Ed Eagle series about?
Written by Stuart Woods, the man behind the Will Lee series and the Stone Barrington series, Ed Eagle is a talented six-foot-seven lawyer from Santa Fe, New Mexico, where he represents difficult and often vindictive clients.
But his take no prisoners approach has earned him more than a few enemies, many of whom return for vengeance. If Ed is a great lawyer, he is not so lucky when it comes to marriage.
Ed Eagle is part of the Stuart Woods universe, where characters from other series exist and appear in each other books. Rick Barron, Holly Barker, Teddy Fay all appeared at some point in the Ed Eagle books, and the lawyer made a few appearances and cameo in some Stone Barrington novels.
How to read The Ed Eagle Books in Order?
Every book in the Ed Eagle series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- Santa Fe Rules (1992) – Successful movie producer Wolf Willett is stunned when he sees his own death reported in a major newspaper. But who is the unidentified corpse? Why can’t Wolf remember anything about the night in question? And who wants him dead? When another murder complicates the scenario, he turns to hot-shot criminal attorney Ed Eagle to help clear his name—and stop a killer who’s determined to finish the job.
- Short Straw (2006) – Santa Fe lawyer Ed Eagle fell in love with the seductive Barbara Kennerly and married her—against his better judgment. On the morning of his fortieth birthday, he awakens to find that Barbara has vanished, and his money has been wired to the Cayman Islands. And as if that weren’t bad enough, when Ed arrives at work that morning he discovers that he’s been assigned a new client: Joe Big Bear, a part-time mechanic charged with a triple homicide, who, Ed soon discovers, may also be embroiled in Barbara’s plot…
- Santa Fe Dead (2008) – When his black widow wife failed to take him out in her murder for hire plot, Ed Eagle figured he was in the clear. But now that Barbara has escaped from police custody, Ed knows that his life, the life of his new girlfriend and, of course, any rich man unlucky enough to be lured into Barbara’s web, is in extreme danger. To add to his troubles, Ed has taken on a new client, Don Wells, who may or may not have murdered his own wife and son.
- Santa Fe Edge (2010) – Ed Eagle, the six-foot-seven, take-no-prisoners Santa Fe attorney, is no stranger to murder, corruption, or organized crime—both north and south of the border. Ed has recovered from his encounters with Mexican organized crime and his ex-wife, Barbara—who’s much more dangerous. But now a mysterious new client has come his way, one who may shed light into some dark corners of Ed’s past…and put him in danger once more.
Ed Eagle in the Stone Barrington/Stuart Woods universe:
Following are all the books written by Stuart Woods where Ed Eagle appears.
- Santa Fe Rules (1992)
- Reckless Abandon (2004)
- Short Straw (2006)
- Santa Fe Dead (2008)
- Santa Fe Edge (2010)
- Bel-Air Dead (2011) — Ed Eagle cameo.
- Cut and Thrust (2014)
- Family Jewels (2016) — Ed Eagle cameo.
- Dishonorable Intentions (2016) — Ed Eagle cameo.
- Sex, Lies, and Serious Money (2016) — Ed Eagle cameo.
- Unbound (2018) — Ed Eagle cameo.
Explore the Stuart Woods Universe:
- The Stuart Woods Universe reading order
- Stone Barrington reading order
- Will Lee reading order
- Holly Barker reading order
- Ed Eagle reading order
- Teddy Fay reading order
If you like our article about the Ed Eagle series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!