Last Updated 3 months ago.All of the books?
Who is Charlaine Harris?
New York Times Best-Selling Author, Charlaine Harris is a writer who specializes in mysteries, often with an urban fantasy twist, and who got especially famous after her Southern Vampire Mysteries series was adapted for TV (on HBO!) under the title True Blood.
Another famous series by Charlaine Harris adapted this time for the Hallmark Channel is the Aurora Teagarden series. She also wrote Midnight, Texas (the TV Show was on NBC) among other popular trilogies.
Charlaine Harris Books in Order:
I. Aurora Teagarden Series
The Aurora Teagarden resolves around Aurora “Roe” Teagarden, a librarian and membre of the Real Murders Club, a group of 12 enthusiasts who study famous baffling or unsolved crimes in the town of Lawrenceton, Georgia.
For more details, go to Aurora Teagarden Books in Order.
- Real Murders
- A Bone to Pick
- Three Bedrooms, One Corpse
- The Julius House
- Dead Over Heels
- “Deeply Dead” Short story collected in the anthology “Murder, They Wrote”
- A Fool and His Honey
- Last Scene Alive
- Poppy Done to Death
- All the Little Liars
- Sleep Like a Baby
II. Lily Bard (Shakespeare)
The Lily Bard Shakespeare Series (also known as the Lily Bard Mysteries) takes place in the small town of Shakespeare, Arkansas where Lily Bard lives. She came here to forget her past.
For more details, go to Lily Bard (Shakespeare) Books in Order.
- Shakespeare’s Landlord
- Shakespeare’s Champion
- Shakespeare’s Christmas
- Shakespeare’s Trollop
- Shakespeare’s Counselor
- Dead Giveaway – short story published in Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine. Lily “investigates” a death in the house next to the one she’s cleaning.
III. Sookie Stackhouse Books in Order
Also known as The Southern Vampire Mysteries or The True Blood Novels, it’s about Sookie Stackhouse, a waitress who is also a telepath. She lives in the town of Bon Temps in northwestern Louisiana, and vampires and other supernatural creatures are a reality in Sookie’s world. In fact, since the invention of synthetic blood (called Tru Blood), vampires came out and live now peacefully with humans for sustenance. One day, Sookie finally meets a vampire, a Civil War veteran named Bill Compton. That’s the beginning of their complicated relationship.
For more details, go to Sookie Stackhouse Books in Order.
- Dead until Dark
- Living Dead in Dallas
- Club Dead
- Dead to the World
- Fairy Dust – A novella found in the A Touch of Dead anthology.
- Dracula Night – Also found in the A Touch of Dead anthology.
- Dead as a Doornail
- One Word Answer – Also found in the A Touch of Dead anthology.
- Definitely Dead
- All Together Dead
- Lucky – Also found in the A Touch of Dead anthology.
- From Dead to Worse
- Gift Wrap – Also found in the A Touch of Dead anthology.
- Dead and Gone
- Two Blondes – Can be found in the Death’s Excellent Vacation anthology.
- Dead in the Family
- Small Town Wedding – Can be found in the The Sookie Stackhouse Companion.
- Dead Reckoning
- Dead Ever After
- If I Had a Hammer – Can be found in the Home Improvement: Undead Edition anthology.
- Playing Possum – Can be found in the An Apple for the Creature anthology.
- After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse.
IV. Harper Connelly Series
The Harper Connelly Mysteries is a fantasy mystery series about the investigations of 24-year-old Harper Connelly, who can, when she’s near a dead person, hear a “buzzing sound” that intensifies if the death is more recent, and see how the person died.
- Grave Sight – A young woman possessing the ability to uncover the final location of a recently deceased individual and to share their last moments, Harper Connelly, aided by her manager, occasional bodyguard, and stepbrother Tolliver, uses her skill to find the dead, in the first volume of a new supernatural mystery series.
- Grave Surprise – At the request of anthropology professor Clyde Nunley, Harper and her stepbrother Tolliver come to Memphis, Tennessee, to demonstrate her unique talent—in an old cemetery. Nunley is skeptical, even after Harper senses—and finds—two bodies in the grave beneath her feet. One of a man centuries-dead. The other, a young girl, recently deceased, whom Harper had once tried, and failed, to locate. But Harper’s new investigation into the crime yields yet another surprise: the next morning, a third body is found—in the very same grave…
- An Ice Cold Grave – Harper Connelly heads to Doraville, North Carolina to find a missing boy—one of several teenage boys who have disappeared over the last five years. And all of them are calling for Harper. She finds them, buried in the frozen ground. All she wants is to get out of town before she’s caught in the media storm—until she herself is attacked and becomes part of the investigation. Soon Harper will learn more than she cared to about the dark mysteries and long-hidden secrets of Doraville—knowledge of the dead that makes her next in line to end up in an ice-cold grave…
- Grave Secret – Taking a break from looking for the dead, Harper and Tolliver decide to visit the two little girls they both think of as sisters. But as they travel to Texas, memories of their horrible childhood resurface… To make matters worse, Tolliver learns his father is out of jail and trying to reestablish contact with other family members. Tolliver wants no part of the man—but he may not have a choice in the matter.
V. Cemetery Girl Series (with Christopher Golden)
The Cemerty Girl is an urban fantasy mystery series about Calexa who was murdered…she did die, if only for a moment. And in that moment, something changed inside her. Now, if someone dies near her, their spirit is drawn to Calexa, drawn into her.
- The Pretenders – Calexa Rose Dunhill was just fourteen when she woke in a cemetery. Bruised, bloody and left for dead, with no memory of her previous life, she took a new name from the headstones that surrounded her. Now, three years on, Calexa still lives in Dunhill Cemetery, struggling with the desire to know her true identity – and the all-consuming fear of what she might discover when she does. Then, when she witnesses a gang of teenagers staging a stunt that goes horribly, fatally wrong, Calexa Rose Dunhill discovers she has a unique ability. One she cannot control…
- Inheritance – Despite her self-imposed isolation among the deceased, Calexa’s ability to see spirits and the memories she receives from them guarantees she’ll never be alone. The only living people she interacts with are Kelner, the cemetery’s cantankerous caretaker, and Lucinda Cameron, an elderly woman who lives in an old Victorian house across the street. With their friendship, Calexa has regained a link to the world beyond tombstones and mausoleums.
- Haunted – It has happened twice before, but now—as her worst fears come true and there are killers on her trail—the third ghost to take up residence in Calexa’s soul will change everything and bring the Cemetery Girl trilogy to its shocking conclusion!
VI. Midnight, Texas Trilogy
The Midnight, Texas Trilogy takes us to the small Texas town where only outsiders fit in. Outsiders like Manfred Bernardo a psychic with secrets…
- Midnight Crossroad – Welcome to Midnight, Texas, a town with many boarded-up windows and few full-time inhabitants, located at the crossing of Witch Light Road and the Davy highway. It’s a pretty standard dried-up western town. There’s a pawnshop with three residents. One is seen only at night. There’s a diner, but people stopping there tend not to linger. There’s a newcomer, Manfred Bernardo, who just wants to work hard and blend in. But Manfred has secrets of his own…
- Day Shift – There is no such thing as bad publicity, except in Midnight, where the residents like to keep to themselves. When psychic Manfred Bernardo finds himself embroiled in a scandal and hounded by the press after one of his regular clients dies during a reading, he turns to enigmatic, beautiful, and dangerous Olivia Charity for help. Somehow he knows that the mysterious Olivia can get things back to normal. As normal as things get in Midnight…
- Night Shift – At Midnight’s local pawnshop, weapons are flying off the shelves—only to be used in sudden and dramatic suicides right at the main crossroads in town. Who better to figure out why blood is being spilled than the vampire Lemuel, who, while translating mysterious texts, discovers what makes Midnight the town it is. There’s a reason why witches and werewolves, killers and psychics, have been drawn to this place…
VII. Gunnie Rose Series
The Gunnie Rose series is set in a fractured United States, in the southwestern country now known as Texoma. A world where magic is acknowledged but mistrusted, especially by a young gunslinger named Lizbeth “Gunnie” Rose.
- An Easy Death – Battered by a run across the border to Mexico Lizbeth Rose takes a job offer from a pair of Russian wizards to be their local guide and gunnie. For the wizards, Gunnie Rose has already acquired a fearsome reputation and they’re at a desperate crossroad, even if they won’t admit it. As the trio journey through an altered America, shattered into several countries by the assassination of Franklin Roosevelt and the Great Depression, they’re set on by enemies. It’s clear that a powerful force does not want them to succeed in their mission.
- A Longer Fall – Lizbeth Rose is hired onto a new crew for a seemingly easy protection job. She is tasked with transporting a crate into Dixie, just about the last part of the former United States of America she wants to visit. But what seemed like a straightforward job turns into a massacre as the crate is stolen.
- The Russian Cage – Lizbeth Rose takes on one of her most dangerous missions yet: rescuing her estranged partner, Prince Eli, from the Holy Russian Empire. Once in San Diego, Lizbeth is going to have to rely upon her sister Felicia, and her growing Grigori powers to navigate her way through this strange new world of royalty and deception in order to get Eli freed from jail where he’s being held for murder.
VIII. Stand Alone Books
- Sweet and Deadly – While investigating the suspicious death of her parents six months earlier, Catherine Linton discovers that someone in the town of Lowfield, Mississippi, wants the truth buried forever when she finds the dead body of her late father’s longtime nurse.
- A Secret Rage – Former New York City model Nickie Callahan is looking forward to the easy life when she moves to the sleepy college town of Knolls, Tennessee. But the women of Knolls are not safe. And as Nickie gets swept up in a string of brutally violent crimes, she must take matters of justice into her own hands.
- Layla Steps Up – Layla LaRue LeMay suspects there’s a lot she doesn’t know about her new life…well, death. It’s been a year since Layla became a vampire and she still hasn’t tapped into the raw power of her transformation. It’s a point of contention with some of the other, older vampire dancers at Blue Moon Entertainment. But there’s only one vampire’s opinion that matters…
- Indigo – Investigative reporter Nora Hesper spends her nights cloaked in shadows. As Indigo, she’s become an urban myth, a brutal vigilante who can forge darkness into weapons and travel across the city by slipping from one patch of shadow to another. Her primary focus both as Nora and as Indigo has become a murderous criminal cult called the Children of Phonos. Children are being murdered in New York, and Nora is determined to make it stop, even if that means Indigo must eliminate every member. But in the aftermath of a bloody battle, a dying cultist makes claims that cause Indigo to question her own origin and memories.