Last Updated 2 months ago.All of the Books!
Who is Nora Roberts?
Born Eleanor Marie Robertson in 1950, Nora Roberts is an American author of more than 200 romance novels. She also writes the romantic suspense series In Death under the pen name J.D. Robb. She has also published books under the pseudonyms Jill March and for publications in the U.K. as Sarah Hardesty.
Before becoming a writer, she worked briefly as a legal secretary. She began to write during a blizzard in February 1979 while housebound with her two small boys and published her first novel, Irish Thoroughbred, in 1981. Since then, Nora Roberts never stopped writing and became the he first author to be inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame. Through the years, Nora Roberts has been awarded the Golden Medallion Award, RITA Award and Quill award — each of them multiple times.
Nora Roberts lives in Boonsboro, Maryland with her second husband who runs a bookstore in town. She owns an inn right on the town square, and has a charitable foundation, run by her son and his wife, that focuses on literacy.
Nora Roberts Books in Order:
In Death Series (written as As J.D. Robb)
Written by Nora Roberts under her pseudonym, J. D. Robb, The …in Death series is set in New York City at the end of the ‘2050s. The stories follow New York City Police and Security Department (NYPSD) Lieutenant Eve Dallas and her billionaire husband, Roarke, as they solve complex murder investigations.
There are already more than 60 books of the In Death series, and you are invited to consult our In Death reading order to know more about it.
Irish Hearts Series
- Irish Thoroughbred (1981) — For lonely but spirited orphan Adelia ‘Dee’ Cunnane, her uncle’s invitation is a dream come true. And so she leaves her home in Ireland to work for him in Maryland, at one of the most respected stables in the country. Starting as a groomer puts Dee in constant contact with the horses she loves -but it also brings her up close and personal with Travis Grant, the stable’s proud owner. And as the lush Maryland horse country begins to work its charms on Dee, so does Travis, pulling her into a turbulent passion with unexpected consequences…
- Irish Rose (1988) — ‘The most successful novelist on Planet Earth’ Washington Post Burke Logan never expected to meet someone as captivating as Erin McKinnon on his trip to Ireland. But this Irish beauty just wouldn’t stay out of his mind, so Burke did the only thing he could – offered her a job. Erin can’t say no to Burke’s offer. She’s desperate to see the world so why not start in America? What she didn’t expect though, was the growing attraction between them. They know they shouldn’t give in to one another, but that doesn’t mean they’ll be able to resist…
- Irish Rebel (2000) — The Royal Meadows farm in Maryland has been in Keeley Grant’s family for generations. Their thoroughbred horses are the pride of the Grant legacy, but to Keeley they’re majestic animals that she cares for and loves. Nothing brings her more joy than sharing her affection and teaching children to ride. But Brian Donnelly, the new horse trainer fresh from Ireland, thinks Keeley is nothing more than a pampered princess more accustomed to side saddle strutting than farm work. Until he witnesses firsthand her wild heart that resembles his own rebellious nature and brings them together in unexpected passion.
- Reflections (1983) — Prima ballerina Ruth Bannion has always been in awe of her demanding, mercurial mentor Nickolai Davidov. But when they are partnered in a sensual new ballet, they must fight hard to control the rising attraction between them. In the end, though, it is up to Ruth to teach the guarded Nickolai the tender dance of love.
- Dance of Dreams (1983) — Lindsay Dunne is one of the most talented ballet dancers of her generation. She’s spent years pursuing her dreams, but outside of the spotlight, she knows something is missing from her life. When her mother is seriously injured in a car accident, Lindsay drops everything to take care of her. As she settles into her new life as a ballet teacher she realises she has never really found the time for family – or for love.
For more details, go to the MacGregor’s reading order.
- Playing the Odds (1985)
- Tempting Fate (1985)
- All the Possibilities (1985)
- One Man’s Art (1985)
- For Now, Forever (1987)
- Rebellion (1988)
- In from the Cold (1990)
- The MacGregor Brides (1997)
- The Winning Hand (1998)
- The MacGregor Grooms (1998)
- The Perfect Neighbor (1999)
Table For Two / Great Chefs Duet
- Summer Desserts (1985) — Summer Lyndon is the creator of fabulous desserts, she flies around the world cooking for the rich and famous, always satisfying every expectation. She relishes her freedom but the challenge Blake offers tempts her. Staying in one place for a whole year will be new for Summer, but she knows the tall, dark and handsome steamroller that is Blake will spice up the experience and, for once, she isn’t sure what the grand finale will be.
- Lessons Learned (1986) — Publicist Juliet Trent never mixes business with pleasure. However, her newest client – ladies’ man and chef Carlo Franconi – is determined to whet her appetite for love. Carlo’s charm, cooking, and romantic tendencies make it hard for Juliet to resist him. When the pair go on tour together it’s time for a lesson in romance that Juliet will never forget!
Summer Pleasures / Celebrity Magazine Series
- Second Nature (1986) — Legendary horror author Hunter Brown thrills fans with his tales of terror. But the master of macabre is also a marvel of mystery, maintaining a low—and reclusive—profile. It’s Celebrity magazine reporter Lee Radcliffe’s job to lift the veil on popular personalities and she’ll stop at nothing to secure an exclusive one-on-one with Hunter. Intrigued by her relentless drive, Hunter agrees to an interview—but only if Lee joins him on a camping trip. Although out of her element in the wilderness, Lee is more than up to Hunter’s challenge. And together, they’ll discover that nature brings out their basic instincts and desires in unexpected ways.
- One Summer (1986) — There’s no summer getaway for Celebrity magazine photographer Bryan Mitchell this year. Instead she’ll be spending three months on the road with renowned photojournalist Shade Colby. Their assignment is a nationwide photo shoot, taking candid snapshots of a summer in America for a beautiful coffee table book. But Bryan’s family fun in the sun moments contrasts with Shade’s portraits revealing the dark side of touristy vacations. Unable to agree on whose pictures best represent their project’s ideal, or anything else, Bryan and Shade discover something extraordinary when they come out from behind their cameras to truly see one another—two people longing for truth and beauty, hoping to share their vision of love.
Cordina’s Royal Family Series
- Affaire Royale (1986) — Princess Gabriella has escaped from her abductors, but shes lost her memory and the unknown kidnappers are still on the loose and a danger to her. Her Serene Highness definitely needs a protector and former bodyguard and ex-cop Reeve MacGee is top of the list for the job. Courageous, clever, loyal to a fault, Reeve could handle everything except the stunning, vulnerable woman in his care.
- Command Performance (1987) — Years ago Eve Hamilton had a fleeting schoolgirl crush on the powerful, reserved, and compelling Prince Alexander – but he’d clearly disapproved of her. Finally reunited, Alex is fascinated by the beautiful, independent woman Eve has become, and suddenly he wants to show her that he is all the man she could ever want….
- The Playboy Prince (1987) — When it comes to women, Prince Bennett has always enjoyed a challenge. So after meeting the quiet and beautiful Lady Hannah Rothchild, the dashing playboy cannot rest until he breaks through her careful reserve. Love had always been a game to Bennett, but with this elusive, mysterious woman, he discovers his heart is on the line, and he’s playing for keeps….
- Cordina’s Crown Jewel (2002) — For a few precious weeks, Her Royal Highness Camilla de Cordina could be just plain Camilla MacGee. Working in rural Vermont for the devastatingly handsome and utterly cantankerous archaeologist Delaney Caine is the perfect refuge. But Camilla’s irritation with the man soon turns into fascination, then desire, and the royal runaway knows she’ll have to confess. Would Del see her as a woman to be loved, or dismiss her as a royal pain?
D.C. Detectives Series
- Sacred Sins (1987) — In the unbearable heat of another sultry Washington, D.C., summer, a serial killer is on the loose. Dr. Tess Court, one of the capital’s most successful psychiatrists, wants nothing to do with the case—until the police convince her to lend a hand to the lead investigator, legendary ladies’ man Detective Ben Paris.
- Brazen Virtue (1988) — After a demanding book tour, superstar mystery novelist Grace McCabe decides to visit her sister, Kathleen, who’s embroiled in a custody battle after a bitter divorce. Arriving in D.C., Grace is shocked to find Kathleen living in a run-down neighborhood and, hoping to afford a hotshot lawyer, supplementing her meager teacher’s salary by moonlighting as a phone sex operator. When one of Fantasy, Inc.’s operators is murdered, Grace is drawn to help solve the crime, and her life turns into a scene from one of her own books.
The O’Hurleys Series
- The Last Honest Woman (1988) — Abigail O Hurley Rockwell was a desperate woman. Journalist Dylan Crosby was going to start digging up her past for the book he was writing about her infamous late husband. It was just research to him, but to her it was a painful reality that had to be kept under lock and key for the sake of her children. Abby would do anything to keep their world safe no matter how compelling Dylan s promises might be…
- Dance to the Piper (1988) — Though her name is up in lights, Maddy O’Hurley cares nothing for the trappings of stardom. All that matters to her are dancing and how alive she feels when she steps into the broadway stage. Reed Valentine’s only passions are wealth and power…The attraction sparking between them like fireworks over central park surprise Reed, Maddy’s a dreamer and he stopped dreaming a long time ago. But the O’Hurley in Maddy isn’t going to give up this mesmerising man without a fight.”New York Times” bestselling author Nora Roberts brings you the remarkable O’Hurley Family.
- Skin Deep (1988) — Beautiful and talented Chantel O’Hurley makes box office gold with every starring role. But fame and fortune come with a price: fans. While most of them are just average folks looking for an autograph or a photo op, there’s one fan who desires more and won’t take no for an answer. As his behavior becomes more threatening, Chantel reluctantly hires hardboiled P.I. Quinn Doran as a bodyguard. Initially unable to see past his client’s Hollywood glitz and glamor, Quinn realizes Chantel’s appearance is deceiving—and that there’s a tale of romantic suspense building between them.
- Without a Trace (1990) — A life of adventure and intrigue has left Trace O’Hurley bitter and world-weary. Gillian Fitzpatrick knows Trace only by name and reputation and he’s the only man who can help her. He’s the black sheep – beyond redemption. But in the innocent arms of damsel-in-distress Gillian, Trace finds himself longing for the life – and family – he left behind.
Jack’s Stories Series
- Lawless (1989) — Half-Apache Jake Redman is as untamed as the rugged land he calls home. Living by his own code, the gunslinger has little tolerance for rules and regulations – especially the kind that Sarah Conway lives by. Her talents for entertaining and social niceties have little worth in the Old West. But the Eastern beauty has the heart of a pioneer under her ladylike demeanour. It’s a combination that could prove lethal to Jake…
- Loving Jack (1988) — Author Jackie ‘Jack’ MacNamara is a little in love with her own fictional hero: a brooding Old West cowboy who lives by the gun. That’s why she can’t understand her reaction to buttoned-down, real-life architect Nathan Powell. Thrown together under the same roof, they vow to respect each other’s privacy, which should be easy for the mismatched couple. But fate is writing the plot to this story – and throwing in all kinds of unpredictable twists and turns…
- Best Laid Plans (1989) — Structural engineer Abra Wilson is the sexiest thing that architect Cody Johnson has ever seen in a hard hat. But Abra reckons Cody’s design for a new resort is an impractical piece of pride and fancy – and tells him so. Working together brings them far too close for comfort, and Abra has to fight to resist Cody’s many charms. But after they join forces – privately and professionally – the pair finds themselves caught in a terrifying web of deception that could destroy the entire project… and could even threaten their lives.
Time and Again Series
- Time Was (1989) — Stranded in the present, time traveler Caleb Hornblower’s biggest problem isn’t returning to the twenty-third century – but falling head over heels for the beguiling Liberty Stone, who shows him a love more powerful than time itself. Though Caleb knows he belongs in the future, how can he leave the past, and Liberty, behind?
- Times Change (1990) — Cynical Jacob Hornblower has followed his brother, Caleb, back in time, hoping to convince him to return home. His mission is soon forgotten, however, when he finds himself captivated by Liberty’s spitfire sister, Sunny. But can a man who is down on love truly understand the unbounded strength of the human heart?
Stanislaski Family Series
For more details, go to the Stanislaski Family reading order.
- Taming Natasha (1990)
- Luring a Lady (1991)
- Falling for Rachel (1993)
- Convincing Alex (1994)
- Waiting for Nick (1997)
- Considering Kate (2001)
Night Tales Series
- Night Shift (1991) — Her voice was like whiskey, smooth and potent, but it was her contradictions that fascinated Detective Boyd Fletcher – the vulnerability beneath her tough-as-nails facade. Late-night radio announcer Cilla O’Roarke was being threatened by a caller, and it was Boyd’s job to protect her no matter what. But the sultry deejay was getting under his skin, and the undeniable attraction that sizzled between them concerned the detective…because anything could happen on the Night Shift.
- Night Shadow (1991) — They called him Nemesis. He walked the dark alleyways alone, a shadow among shadows – and that’s the way he liked it. Until the night he saved Deborah O’Roarke from an attacker and rediscovered the quiet ache of yearning lodged in his heart. It had been a long time since he had wanted to reach out to someone…. But Deborah was an idealistic prosecutor who played by the rules and abhorred the vigilantism of her mysterious defender. Could she come to love the phantom who lurked in the Night Shadow?
- Nightshade (1993) — The moment her eyes locked on Colt Nightshade, she knew he was trouble. But Lieutenant Althea Grayson prided herself on being in control, and she wouldn’t let her new partner ruin that. The man was a renegade, no respect for rules – and the worst part was he got to her. The way he challenged Althea’s thinking, stared right into her eyes…and held her in his arms. What defense could her heart have when Nightshade didn’t play fair?
- Night Smoke (1994) — Arson investigator Ryan Piasecki was a man who got the job done no matter what the obstacle…or how beautiful she was. Ambitious executive Natalie Fletcher’s new business was going up in smoke, literally, and she needed Ryan’s help to catch the arsonist. But if he wasn’t careful, the sparks flying between him and this hothouse rose would erupt into a five-alarm blaze – and they’d both be engulfed by the Night Smoke.
- Night Shield (2000) — Jonah Blackhawk knew forbidden fruit when he tasted it, and Ally Fletcher definitely fell into that category. The lanky blonde wasn’t just a cop, she was also the police commissioner’s daughter. No matter how sharp or constant Blackhawk’s hunger may be, Ally was off-limits. She needed to finish her case, get out of his club and out of his life, before the memory of their passionate embrace consumed him. Until then, he’d stay away from her and keep to his own world, protected by the cover of night, his Night Shield.
Calhoun Women Series
- Courting Catherine (1991) — Catherine “C.C.” Calhoun isn’t about to let anyone take away the Towers, especially not handsome hotel magnate. Trenton St. James wants to convert it into a luxury hotel, and as far as he’s concerned, his dealings with C.C. should be strictly business. But soon, C.C.’s mix of fire and fury seduce Trent’s mind and heart, leading them both in a completely unexpected direction…
- A Man for Amanda (1991) — A slow drawl was all Amanda Calhoun heard when she walked into the wall of denim and muscle that was Sloan O’Riley, the architect hired to renovate the Towers. Known as the responsible Calhoun sister, Amanda finds Sloan’s easygoing attitude infuriating, but his irresistible smile just might change her mind…
- For the Love of Lilah (1991) — During a storm off the coast of Maine where her home, the Towers, stands, Lilah Calhoun rescued Professor Max Quartermain from the turbulent sea. In the wake of the near tragedy, an undeniable desire grows between them. But Lilah knows Max is hiding something—something about the Calhouns that threatens her family’s future—and any chance for love between them.
- Suzanna’s Surrender (1991) — A legend and a mystery, the Calhoun Emeralds vanished from the Towers, a mansion on the shores of Maine, long ago. Suzanna Calhoun has taken it upon herself to find them—only to discover Holt Bradford along the way. The last time they crossed paths was in high school. Now she’s a single mother protecting her family and he’s an exhausted ex-cop who’s turned his back on the world. But Holt is also the link to the Calhouns’ missing fortune—and when he agrees to help her, Suzanna realizes something even deeper and more passionate draws them together.
- Megan’s Mate (1996) — Megan O’Riley moved to Maine with her nine-year-old son to give them both a fresh start. As a cherished sister-in-law to the Calhoun family, she has been entrusted to help out with the restoration of their coastal mansion, the Towers. Although determined to put her unlucky love life behind her, Megan finds her compass thrown off course when the perfect storm known as boat captain Nate Fury helps guide her desires to true north.
Donovan Legacy Series
- Captivated (1992) — Screenwriter Nash Kirkland is in Monterey, California researching witchcraft for his latest script and finds himself enchanted by Morgana Donovan, who claims she comes from a family of magical practitioners. Skeptical of anything he can’t explain, and wary about trusting his feelings, Nash nevertheless finds his growing desire for Morgana nothing short of supernatural.
- Entranced (1992) — Tough and tenacious, Mary Ellen Sutherland is a private investigator who never gives up on a case or a friend in need. When her friend’s baby is abducted and every clue leads to a dead end, Mel reluctantly turns to Sebastian Donovan, a psychic reputed to possess extraordinary abilities. Despite her skepticism, Sebastian proves to be amazingly gifted—especially when it comes to enchanting Mel, body and soul.
- Charmed (1992) — Anastasia Donovan is an empath of powerful sensitivity, feeling the pain and despair of everyone she encounters. Overwhelmed, she’s chosen to close off her gift and avoid relationships at all costs. But now a new next door neighbor threatens Ana’s solitude. Widower Boone Sawyer is a devoted father to his six-year-old daughter—and a man possessed of his own gift that casts a spell Ana finds she cannot resist.
- Enchanted (1999) — Rowan Murray has taken a leave of absence from her teaching position and retreated to a cabin on Oregon’s coast to consider her future. There, she meets the mysterious Liam Donovan. Drawn together like kindred spirits, Rowan and Liam are more than willing to let fate guide their hopeful relationship. But Liam is a member of a family blessed, or cursed, with uncanny gifts, a revelation that could nurture their love—or tear them apart.
The Irish Born Trilogy / Concannon Sisters Trilogy
- Born in Fire (1994) — Maggie Concannon is a glassmaker whose exquisite works are more than mere objects of beauty: they are reflections of her own true nature. One man has seen the soul in her art, and vows to help this complex woman build a lucrative career. When gallery owner Rogan Sweeney comes to Maggie’s isolated studio, her heart is enflamed by their fierce attraction – and her scarred past is slowly healed by a gentle and forgiving love.
- Born in Ice (1995) — When the harsh storms of winter descend upon western Ireland, Brianna Concannon’s bed-and-breakfast becomes a cold and empty place. And that’s fine with Brianna. She enjoys the peace and quiet, even when icy winds howl at her window. This year, though, she’s expecting an unusual guest: mystery writer Grayson Thane, from America. A restless wanderer with a dark past, he plans to spend the cold winter alone. Yet sometimes fate has a plan of its own. Sometimes a fire can be born in ice…
- Born in Shame (1996) — Shannon Bodine is a talented graphic artist whose life revolves around her job at a prestigious New York advertising agency. Her world is turned upside down when she learns the identity of her real father: Thomas Concannon. Respecting her late mother’s wish, Shannon travels, however reluctantly, to County Clare. There, her loneliness and shame melt away in the embrace of the family she never knew existed. And amid the lush Irish landscape, steeped in mysticism and legend, she discovers the possibility of a love that is meant to be.
Mackade Brothers Series
- The Return of Rafe MacKade (1995) — Ten years after disappearing from Antietam, Maryland, the bad boy has come home. Cleaned up and successful now – though still dangerously good-looking – Rafe MacKade sets the town on fire…and tongues wagging. Not even lovely newcomer Regan Bishop is immune to his charms. Though Regan claims to not want to get involved with a rebel, Rafe’s pretty sure that her reaction to their sizzling kisses suggests otherwise.
- The Pride of Jared MacKade (1995) — Jared MacKade believes in taking a stand, and he never turns his back on a fight. So when his work as an attorney brings him up against Savannah Morningstar, her rude behavior and strong defenses aren’t nearly enough to scare him off – quite the opposite. Thoughts of the outrageously direct and sinfully sexy woman keep Jared coming back for more. And the more he gets to know her, the more determined he is to stand by her always.
- The Heart of Devin MacKade (1996) — Sheriff Devin MacKade has always known his destiny was to serve and protect the small town of Antietam, Maryland – and for a long while he thought that future would include Cassie Connor. But when Cassie married the wrong man, Devin did the honorable thing and kept his feelings to himself. Now that Cassie’s divorced, Devin can finally follow his heart. Question is, can Cassie?
- The Fall of Shane MacKade (1996) — Shane MacKade enjoyed everything about women – the look of them, the smell of them, the taste of them. So the last thing he expected was to become a one-woman man. And even more surprising is that it’s the Ph.D.-toting academic Rebecca McKnight who has him headed for a fall. Could Shane’s days as a bachelor be coming to an end?
The Stars of Mithra Series
- Hidden Star (1997) — She couldn’t remember a thing, not even who she was. But it was clear Bailey James was in trouble. Big trouble. And she desperately needed private eye Cade Parris to help her find out just what kind. Surely she wasn’t a criminal–but then what on earth was she doing with a bag full of cash and a stunning blue diamond as big as a baby’s fist?
- Captive Star (1997) — Someone had set them both up. Now, handcuffed together, bounty hunter Jack Dakota and bail jumper M. J. O’Leary were on the run from a pair of hired killers. And M. J. wasn’t talking–not even when Jack found a gigantic blue diamond hidden in her purse. Everything told Jack the sexy skip he’d been hired to recover couldn’t be trusted…everything, that is, but his heart.
- Secret Star (1998) — Lieutenant Seth Buchanan finds his homicide investigation – and his heart – thrown into turmoil when Grace Fontaine turns up very much alive – and in possession of one of the huge blue diamonds known as the Stars of Mithra. The cool, controlled cop never lets his feelings get in the way of his job, and everything he knows about the notorious heiress tells him she’s bad news. But in her irresistible presence, Seth finds it hard to remember there’s any mystery more important to solve than that of Grace herself.
The Dream Trilogy
- Daring to Dream (1996) — The daughter of the Templeton’s stern Irish housekeeper, Margo had been treated like a member of the family. Deep down, she knew that money could not buy the thing she craved most—her mother’s acceptance. Maybe things would be different if she could be sweet like Laura—or had Kate’s shrewd head for business. But all Margo knew how to do was be Margo, and that meant doing things her own way—no matter what the consequences…
- Holding the Dream (1997) — Kate Powell treasured both her life at Templeton House and the family who raised her like one of their own. Although Kate lacked Margo’s beauty and Laura’s elegance, she knew she had something they would never possess – a shrewd head for business. Driven by ambition, Kate measured her life’s success with each soaring promotion. But now faced with professional impropriety, Kate is forced to look deep within herself – only to find something missing in her life…and in her heart.
- Finding the Dream (1997) — Laura Templeton found out the hard way that nothing in life is guaranteed. The daughter of a wealthy hotelier, she had always known comfort, privilege, and security. But by the age of thirty, her storybook marriage had been destroyed by her husband’s infidelity. Laura’s divorce left her both emotionally and financially devastated – but determined to rebuild her life without the Templeton fortune. Laura had always defined herself as a wife, a daughter, or a mother. Now, she must finally discover Laura the woman…
Chesapeake Bay Saga
- Sea Swept (1998) — A champion boat racer, Cameron Quinn traveled the world spending his winnings on champagne and women. But when his dying father calls him home to care for Seth, a troubled young boy not unlike Cameron once was, his life changes overnight…. Old rivalries and new resentments flare between Cameron and his brothers, but they try to put aside their differences for Seth’s sake. In the end, a social worker will decide Seth’s fate, and as tough as she is beautiful, she has the power to bring the Quinns together—or tear them apart….
- Rising Tides (1998) — Of three brothers, it was Ethan who shared his father’s passion for the Maryland shore. And now, with his father gone, Ethan is determined to make the family boatbuilding business a success. But beneath Ethan’s seemingly still waters is a dark and painful past. He must learn to see around the shadows to accept who he is. Because through Ethan’s past lies the future – and his one chance at happiness.
- Inner Harbor (1999) — Phillip Quinn has done everything to make his life seem perfect. With his career on the fast track and a condo overlooking the Inner Harbor, his life on the street is firmly in the past. But then, a stranger arrives in town. She claims to be researching the town of St. Christopher’s for her new book, but the true objects of study are the Quinns. Her cool reserve intrigues Phillip. He is determined to uncover her motives, but she is holding a secret that has the power to threaten the life the brothers have made for Seth. A secret that could tear the family apart—forever…
- Chesapeake Blue (2002) — After a harrowing boyhood with his drug-addicted mother, Seth had been taken in by the Quinn family, growing up with three older brothers who’d watched over him with love. Now a grown man returning from Europe as a successful painter, Seth is settling down on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, surrounded once again by Cam, Ethan, and Phil, their wives and children. Still, a lot has changed in St. Christopher’s since he’s been gone—and the most intriguing change of all is the presence of Dru Whitcomb Banks. A city girl who has opened a florist shop in this seaside town, she craves independence and the challenge of establishing herself without the influence of her wealthy connections. In Seth, she sees another kind of challenge—a challenge that she can’t resist.
Gallaghers of Ardmore Series
- Jewels of the Sun (1999) — Determined to reevaluate her life, Jude Murray flees America to take refuge in Faerie Hill Cottage, immersing herself in the study of Irish folklore and discovering hope for the future of the magical past. Finally back home in Ireland after years of traveling, Aidan Gallagher possesses an uncommon understanding of his country’s haunting myths. Although he’s devoted to managing the family pub, a hint of wildness still glints in his eyes – and in Jude, he sees a woman who can both soothe his heart and stir his blood.
- Tears of the Moon (2000) — A talented songwriter, Shawn Gallagher spends his days lost in reverie and wonder, oblivious to the wiles of women and the ways of the world. He claims that he’s content with his life, but his music tells a different story. No one understands why Shawn doesn’t put his musical gift to profitable use – least of all Brenna O’Toole, a fiercely independent tomboy who has been secretly in love with him for years. But it is only when Shawn gives in to the mysteries of magic that he gets the chance to fulfill his destiny as a man and a musician.
- Heart of the Sea (2000) — Darcy Gallagher has always believed in the pull of fate, the magic of legend…and the importance of money. She longs to find a rich man who will sweep her away. A wealthy businessman with Irish blood, Trevor Magee has come to Ardmore to build a theater – and to uncover the secrets hidden in his family’s past. He thought he had given up on love long ago, but Darcy Gallagher tempts him like no woman ever has. She’s gorgeous and intelligent, and she knows what she wants. But as their mutual attraction flares into passion, they look into their hearts – and find out what happens when you truly believe.
Three Sisters Island Trilogy
- Dance Upon the Air (2001) — When Nell Channing arrives on charming Three Sisters Island, she believes that she’s finally found refuge from her abusive husband. Careful to conceal her true identity, she takes a job as a cook at the local bookstore cafe–and begins to explore her feelings for the island sheriff, Zack Todd. Then, she realizes that the island suffers under a terrible curse–one that can only be broken by the descendants of the Three Sisters, the witches who settled the island back in 1692. And now, with the help of two other strong, gifted women, and the nightmares of the past haunting her every step, she must find the power to save her home, her love, and herself.
- Heaven and Earth (2001) — Ripley Todd just wants to live a quiet, peaceful kind of life. She’s perfectly content, except for one thing: she has special powers that both frighten and confuse her. Distraction soon arrives in the form of MacAllister Booke – a researcher who’s come to investigate the rumors of witchcraft that haunt Three Sisters Island. Right from the start, he knows there’s something extraordinary about Ripley Todd. Fascinated by her struggle with her amazing abilities, he becomes determined to help her accept who she is. But before Ripley and Mac can dream of what lies in the future, they must confront the pain of the past. For Three Sisters shelters centuries of secrets – and a legacy of danger that plagues them still.
- Face the Fire (2002) — Years ago, Mia Devlin and Sam Logan shared an incredible bond built on passion, legend, and fate. But then one day he fled Three Sisters Island, leaving her lost in memories of the magic they shared—and determined to live on her own… As the new owner of the island’s only hotel, Sam has returned to Three Sisters with hopes of winning back Mia’s affections. He is puzzled when she greets him with icy indifference. But she’ll need his help—and his powers—to face her greatest, most terrifying challenge. And as the deadline for breaking a centuries-old curse draws near, they must take the first step toward destiny—and come together to turn back the dark…
The Key Trilogy
- Key of Light (2003) — What happens when the very gods depend on mortals for help? That’s what three very different young women find out when they are invited to Warrior’s Peak. The Malory Price Life Plan does not include a quixotic quest – but the strangers on Warrior’s Peak claim that she must find a key that will release three souls held captive by an evil god. Little does she know that the quest will bring her two new friends: the love of her life – and danger beyond anyone’s imagination.
- Key of Knowledge (2003) — To Dana Steele, books and the knowledge they hold are the key to contentment. But now that search for knowledge must include the second key needed to release three souls held captive by an evil god. She won’t be alone, for she’s formed fast friendships with two very different women. She can’t allow herself to be distracted by the return of the man who broke her heart so long ago, for a danger beyond anyone’s imagination is determined to keep her from completing her quest.
- Key of Valor (2004) — Light and Knowledge have succeeded in their quest, and two of the keys have been found. The final, and last, test goes to Zoe McCourt – Valor. Zoe has the courage to raise her young son alone, and to face all the adversity life has thrown at them. But will she have the courage to face a foe determined to do anything to stop the third key from being found – even destroying everything and everyone she loves?
In The Garden Trilogy
- Blue Dahlia (2004) — Stella Rothchild isn’t intimidated by Harper House—nor by its mistress. Despite a reputation for being difficult, Roz Harper has been nothing but kind to Stella, offering her a comfortable place to live and a challenging new job as manager of the flourishing In the Garden nursery. As Stella settles comfortably into her new life, she finds a nurturing friendship with Roz and expectant mother Hayley and a fierce attraction to ruggedly handsome landscaper Logan Kitridge. He’s difficult but honest, brash but considerate—and undeniably sexy. And for a sensible woman like Stella, he may be just what she needs…
- Black Rose (2005) — At forty-seven, Rosalind Harper is a widow with three grown sons, has survived a disastrous second marriage and built her In the Garden nursery from the ground up. Hired to investigate Roz’s Harper ancestors, Dr. Mitchell Carnegie finds himself just as intrigued by Roz herself. And as they begin to resurrect old secrets, Roz is shocked to find herself falling for the fascinating genealogist—even when he learns more about her than anyone has before…
- Red Lily (2005) — Hayley Phillips came to Memphis hoping for a new start, for herself and her unborn child. She wasn’t looking for a handout from her distant cousin Roz, just a job at her thriving In the Garden nursery. What she found was a home surrounded by beauty and the best friends she’s ever had—including Roz’s son Harper. To Hayley’s chagrin, she has begun to dream about Harper—as much more than a friend… If Hayley gives in to her desire, she’s afraid the foundation she’s built with Harper will come tumbling down. And that wouldn’t be the only consequence, since her dreams are tangled up with Roz and the nursery. Hayley will have to put the past behind her to know her own heart again—and to decide whether she’s willing to risk it…
- Morrigan’s Cross (2006) — Glenna Ward is a strong, independent woman. She is also a witch, and knows that one day her powers will be put to the test. When the mysterious Hoyt Mac Cionaoith enters her life in the strangest of circumstances, Glenna finds herself irresistibly drawn to him. But even she is unprepared for the reason he has sought her out and the danger that lies ahead of them
- Dance of the Gods (2006) — Blair Murphy is no stranger to a good fight. Tough, stubborn and brave, it’s no wonder she has been recruited to the circle of six warriors charged with defeating Lilith, the vampire queen. But Blair also has her own personal battles to fight – the father who abandoned her and the fiancé who walked out after learning what she is: a demon hunte
- Valley of Silence (2006) — Moira finds herself playing the roles of warrior and royal as she follows the tradition of her people and prepares to take the crown before leading them into battle. And if that isn’t enough, she finds her thoughts turning to Cian more often than not. So what’s a chaste and intelligent young woman to do when given less than a month with the man she loves, who’s not a man, but a vampire? And how will the people of Geall fare against an army of blood-thirsty vampires who have had centuries to prepare?
Sign of Seven Trilogy
- Blood Brothers (2007) — It is only February, but Caleb Hawkins—descendant of the town founders—has already seen and felt the stirrings of evil. Though he can never forget the beginning of the terror in the woods twenty-one years ago, the signs have never been this strong before. Cal will need the help of his best friends Fox and Gage, but surprisingly he must rely on a stranger as well. Reporter Quinn Black came to Hawkins Hollow hoping to make its eerie happenings the subject of her new book. She too can see the evil the locals cannot, somehow connecting her to the town—and to Cal. As winter turns to spring, they will shed their inhibitions, surrendering to a desire that will grow and form the cornerstone of a group of men and women bound by the fight against what is to come from out of the darkness…
- The Hollow (2008) — Now, as the dreaded seventh month looms before them, the men can feel the storm brewing. Already they are plagued by visions of death and destruction. But this year, they are better prepared, joined in their battle by three women who have come to The Hollow. Layla, Quinn, and Cybil are somehow connected to the demon, just as the men are connected to the force that trapped it. Since that day at The Pagan Stone, town lawyer Fox has been able to see into others’ minds, a talent he shares with Layla. He must earn her trust, because their link will help fight the darkness that threatens to engulf the town. But Layla is having trouble coming to terms with her newfound ability—and this intimate connection to Fox. She knows that once she opens her mind, she’ll have no defenses against the desire that threatens to consume them both…
- The Pagan Stone (2008) — Shared nightmares, visions of blood and fire, and random violence begin to plague the longtime friends and the women bound to them by fate. None of them can ignore the fact that, this year, the demon has grown stronger—feeding off of the terror it creates. But now, the three pieces of the bloodstone have been fused back together. If only they could figure out how to use it. A gambling man like Gage has no trouble betting on his crew to find a way. And though he and Cybil share the gift of seeing the future, that’s all they share. But Gage knows that a woman like Cybil—with her brains and strength and devastating beauty—can only bring him luck. Good or bad has yet to be determined—and could mean the difference between absolute destruction or an end to Hawkins Hollow’s nightmare…
- Vision in White (2009) — Wedding photographer Mackensie “Mac” Elliot is most at home behind the camera, but her focus is shattered moments before an important wedding rehearsal when she bumps into the bride-to-be’s brother…an encounter that has them both seeing stars. A stable, safe English teacher, Carter Maguire is definitely not Mac’s type. But a casual fling might be just what she needs. Of course, casual flings can turn into something more when you least expect it. And Mac will have to turn to her three best friends—and business partners—to see her way to her own happy ending.
- Bed of Roses (2009) — Wedding florist Emma Grant gets to play with flowers every day and work with her three best friends in the process. She couldn’t ask for a better job. And though men swarm around her, she still hasn’t found Mr. Right. And the last place she’s looking is right under her nose. But that’s just where Jack Cooke is. He’s so close to the women of Vows that he’s practically family. Now though, the architect has begun to admit to himself that his feelings for Emma have developed into much more than friendship. And when Emma returns his passion—kiss for blistering kiss, they must trust in their history—and in their hearts…
- Savor the Moment (2010) — Wedding baker Laurel McBane is surrounded by romance working at Vows wedding planning company with her best friends Parker, Emma, and Mac. But she’s too low-key to appreciate all the luxuries that their clients seem to long for. What she does appreciate is a strong, intelligent man, a man just like Parker’s older brother Delaney, on whom she’s had a mega-crush since childhood. When Laurel’s quicksilver moods get the better of her-leading to an angry, hot, all-together mind-blowing kiss with Del—she’ll have to quiet the doubts in her mind to turn a moment of passion into forever…
- Happy Ever After (2010) — As the public face of Vows wedding planning company, Parker Brown has an uncanny knack for fulfilling every bride’s vision. She just can’t see where her own life is headed. No man has rattled Parker in a long time, but the motorcycle-riding, raven-haired Mal seems to have a knack for it. His passionate kisses always catch her off guard, much like her growing feelings for him. Parker’s business risks have always paid off, but now she’ll have to take the chance of a lifetime with her heart…
Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy
- The Next Always (2011) — The historic hotel in BoonsBoro, Maryland, has endured war and peace, changing hands, even rumored hauntings. Now it’s getting a major facelift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother. As the architect of the family, Beckett’s social life consists mostly of talking shop over pizza and beer. But there’s another project he’s got his eye on: the girl he’s been waiting to kiss since he was fifteen…
- The Last Boyfriend (2012) — Owen is the organizer of the Montgomery clan, running the family’s construction business with an iron fist. The only thing Owen didn’t plan for was Avery McTavish… Avery’s popular pizza place is right across the street from the inn, giving her a first-hand look at its amazing renovation—and a newfound appreciation for Owen. As Avery and Owen cautiously take their relationship to another level, the opening of the inn gives the whole town of Boonsboro a reason to celebrate. But Owen’s hard work has only begun. Getting Avery to let down her guard is going to take longer than he expected—and so will getting her to realize that her first boyfriend is going to be her last…
- The Perfect Hope (2012) — Ryder is the hardest Montgomery brother to figure out—with a tough-as-nails exterior and possibly nothing too soft underneath. He’s surly and unsociable, but when he straps on a tool belt, no woman can resist his sexy swagger. Except, apparently, Hope Beaumont, the innkeeper of his own Inn BoonsBoro… And seeing Hope vulnerable stirs Ryder’s emotions and makes him realize that while Hope may not be perfect, she just might be perfect for him…
Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy
- Dark Witch (2013) — Iona arrives in Ireland with nothing but her Nan’s directions, an unfailingly optimistic attitude, and an innate talent with horses. Not far from the luxurious castle where she is spending a week, she finds her cousins, Branna and Connor O’Dwyer. And since family is family, they invite her into their home and their lives. When Iona lands a job at the local stables, she meets the owner, Boyle McGrath. Iona realizes that here she can make a home for herself – and live her life as she wants, even if that means falling head over heels for Boyle. But nothing is as it seems. An ancient evil has wound its way around Iona’s family tree and must be defeated. Family and friends will fight with each other and for each other to keep the promise of hope – and love – alive…
- Shadow Spell (2014) — Plenty of women have found their way to Connor O’Dwyer’s bed, but none to his heart until now. Frustratingly, Meara is okay with just the heat, afraid to lose herself—and their friendship—to something more. But soon, Connor will see the full force and fury of hat runs in his blood. And he will need his family and friends around him when his past rolls in like the fog, threatening an end to all he loves…
- Blood Magick (2014) — Branna and Fin’s relationship offers them both comfort and torment. And though they succumb to the heat between them, there can be no promises for tomorrow. A storm of shadows threatens everything that their circle holds dear. It will be Fin’s power, loyalty, and heart that will make all the difference in an age-old battle between the bonds that hold their friends together and the evil that has haunted their families for centuries.
- Stars of Fortune (2015) — Sasha Riggs is a reclusive artist, haunted by dreams and nightmares that she turns into extraordinary paintings. Her visions lead her to the Greek island of Corfu, where five others have been lured to seek the legendary fire star, part of an ancient prophecy. Sasha recognizes them, because she has drawn them: a magician, an archaeologist, a wanderer, a fighter, a loner. All on a quest. All with secrets.
- Bay of Sighs (2016) — Mermaid Annika is from the sea, and it is there she must return after her quest to find the stars. Now, through space and time, traveler Sawyer King has brought the guardians to the island of Capri, where the water star is hidden. And as he watches Annika in her element, he finds himself drawn to her joyful spirit. But Sawyer knows that if he allows her into his heart, no compass could ever guide him back to solid ground… And in the darkness, their enemy broods.
- Island of Glass (2016) — As the hunt for the Star of Ice leads the six guardians to Ireland, Doyle, the immortal, must face his tragic past. Three centuries ago, he closed off his heart, yet his warrior spirit is still drawn to the wild. And there’s no one more familiar with the wild than Riley—and the wolf within her…
Chronicles of The One
- Year One (2017) — It began on New Year’s Eve. The sickness came on suddenly, and spread quickly. The fear spread even faster. Within weeks, everything people counted on began to fail them. The electrical grid sputtered; law and government collapsed―and more than half of the world’s population was decimated. And as the power of science and technology receded, magick rose up in its place. As word spreads that neither the immune nor the gifted are safe from the authorities who patrol the ravaged streets, and with nothing left to count on but each other, Lana and Max make their way out of a wrecked New York City. At the same time, other travelers are heading west too, into a new frontier. In a world of survivors where every stranger encountered could be either a savage or a savior, none of them knows exactly where they are heading, or why. But a purpose awaits them that will shape their lives and the lives of all those who remain. The end has come. The beginning comes next.
- Of Blood and Bone (2018) — Fallon Swift, approaching her thirteenth birthday, barely knows the world that existed before. Traveling anywhere is a danger, as vicious gangs of Raiders and fanatics called Purity Warriors search for their next victim. Those like Fallon, in possession of gifts, are hunted―and the time is coming when her true nature, her identity as The One, can no longer be hidden. In a mysterious shelter in the forest, her training is about to begin under the guidance of Mallick, whose skills have been honed over centuries. For until she grows into the woman she was born to be, the world outside will never be whole again.
- The Rise of Magicks (2019) — Fallon cannot live in peace until she frees those who have been preyed upon by the government or the fanatical Purity Warriors, endlessly hunted or locked up in laboratories, brutalized for years on end. Strengthened by the bond she shares with her fellow warrior, Duncan, Fallon has already succeeded in rescuing countless shifters and elves and ordinary humans. Now she must help them heal. For although from the time of her birth, she has been The One, she is still only one. And as she faces down an old nemesis, sets her sights on the enemy’s stronghold, and pursues her destiny―to finally restore the mystical shield that once protected them all―she will need an army behind her…
Dragon Heart Legacy
- The Awakening (2020) — In the realm of Talamh, a teenage warrior named Keegan emerges from a lake holding a sword—representing both power and the terrifying responsibility to protect the Fey. In another realm known as Philadelphia, a young woman has just discovered she possesses a treasure of her own…
- The Becoming (2021) — They waited, knowing the god threatened all worlds. He would again seek the blood of his blood, and the wheel would turn so the time would come when the Talamhish could no longer stop him. She, the bridge between worlds, must return and awaken, must become and must choose to give all, risk all to help destroy the god.
- The Offering/The Choice (2022) — Coming soon.
- Blithe Images (1982) — Magazine mogul Bret Bardoff sets his eyes on fashion model and small-town girl Hilary Baxter, but he could not have forseen how he would be pulled towards the innocence of her heart.
- Heart’s Victory (1982) — “Foxy loves Lance” – it had been true when she was a teenager, but now…? No longer a gangly adolescent, Foxy was still attracted to Lance, but his involvement with auto racing scared her even while his slightest touch thrilled and tormented her. It wouldn’t be easy for them to compromise, but compromise they would as they moved closer to the final victory of the heart and the intimacy of passion based on love.
- Island of Flowers (1982) — Laine Simmons had traveled to Hawaii to reconcile with her long-estranged father — only to be accused by his handsome young business partner of having ulterior motives. How dare Dillon O’Brian interfere in her family affairs . . . and have the nerve to set her heart aflame whenever he came near?
- Search For Love (1982) — When she arrives at her long lost relative’s French estate, Serenity Smith is greeted with cold politeness by the Comtesse de Kergallen and her darkly handsome grandson, Christophe. Refusing to believe their scandalous stories about her late parents, Serenity sets out to prove they were false. But getting the enigmatic and demanding Christophe to change his mind about her will prove an equally worthy challenge.
- Song of the West (1982) — The towering mountains and windswept plains called to her. But she’d never intended to stay forever – until Jake Tanner stirred her emotions like a summer tornado and made it impossible for her to leave. But no man was going to seduce Samantha Evans to give up her dreams. Even a cocky cowboy who made her blood go hot . . .
- From This Day (1983) — Taylor Reynolds, head of a large and profitable hotel chain, travels to his recent acquisition, the quaint Lakeside Inn in rural Vermont. There he meets the Inn’s manager, B.J. Clark. Sparks fly as their differing ideas concerning the hotel’s future emerge. Taylor wishes to turn the inn into a sleek hotel, while B.J. wishes to preserve its rustic nature. As the relationship develops, B.J. finds herself torn between her professional antagonism and her personal attraction for Taylor.
- Her Mother’s Keeper (1983) — When Gwen Lacrosse learns her mother has taken in the famous novelist Luke Powers as a boarder, she immediately catches a flight from New York to her hometown just outside New Orleans. Convinced the reputed womanizing author is going to break her mother’s heart, Gwen wants him gone. But when Luke turns his skills with words and seduction on Gwen, she finds her will collapsing under the weight of her growing desire.
- Once More With Feeling (1983) — Musician Raven Williams was devastated when Brandon Carstairs broke her heart five years ago. Now he’s back, asking for her help co-writing the score for a major film – an opportunity she can’t refuse. Despite the undeniable heat between them, Raven vows to keeps things strictly professional. Once burned, twice shy. But when the sparks start flying, it’s hard not to melt…
- Tonight and Always (1983) — When renowned anthropologist Kasey Wyatt agreed to help best-selling writer Jordan Taylor research his next novel, she expected long hours of work and discussion – what she gets are nights full of passion and a love that takes her completely by surprise.
- Untamed (1983) — Jovilette Wilder had the heart of a lion and the temper of a wildcat. And when Keane Prescott hirst crossed her path, she had her claws bared. Jo was certain her beguiling new boss imperiled everything she cared for, but she couldn’t deny the overpowering attraction that sizzled between them. And though Keane’s kisses left her breathless with longing, it was the tenderness he showed her that threatened to tame her heart.
- This Magic Moment (1983) — Master magician Pierce Atkins has made a career conjuring realistic illusions and escaping elaborate traps, mystifying audiences around the world. Mesmerized by his seemingly otherworldly abilities, Ryan Swan is desperate for a peek behind the curtain of the brooding, attractive genius—only to uncover a personal tragedy his magic cannot fix. And as she watches Pierce engage in one death-defying act after another, Ryan finds herself becoming spellbound by the man, not the magician.
- Endings and Beginnings (1984) — Their biggest story was love-Liv Carmichael was a glamorous Washington anchorwoman who always wanted to be first in everything; first to get the story; first to tell it to the public; and first in the heart of her man. T. C. Thorpe was her rival in business, but the only man who made her whole in love. It looked as though their professional rivalry would prove stronger than their passion, until the day he became a madman’s pawn and her heart was held hostage with him.
- Storm Warning (1984) — When Autumn Gallagher returns to her aunt’s rural inn, she is surprised to find Lucas McLean. He’d broken her heart three years earlier, yet Autumn cannot deny the love still blazing inside her. When a guest of the inn is found dead, Lucas becomes a suspect. Can she risk listening to her heart again to help Lucas clear his name?
- Promise Me Tomorrow (1984) — When Sarah Lancaster, a young architect, begins her new job at the Haladay firm, she falls in love with a gruff colleague, Byron Lloyd.
- Sullivan’s Woman (1984) — Just-fired Cassidy St. John is delighted to accept Colin Sullivan’s offer of employment, but as she begins to model for the passionate artist, she fears that his discerning eye will uncover her burgeoning love for him.
- First Impressions (1984) — Escaping the traps of gold-digging women, wealthy businessman Vance Banning moves to rural Maryland. All he wants is peace, quiet and to keep away from women. The last thing he needs is his sassy, sexy neighbor Shane Abbott. But he has no idea how determined Shane will be when it comes to giving a helping hand—or a loving heart.
- A Matter of Choice (1984) — The last thing NYPD Sergeant James “Slade” Sladerman needs is to babysit a spoiled heiress. But Jessica Winslow’s antiques shop is suspected of being used by an international smuggling ring, and Slade is being sent undercover to investigate—and keep Jessica out of trouble. The woman Slade meets isn’t what he expected. And neither is the desire that springs up between them…
- Less of a Stranger (1984) — When a good-looking stranger offers to buy her grandfather’s amusement park, Megan Miller soon finds herself thinking more about him than business.
- The Law is a Lady (1984) — Friendly, New Mexico is the perfect setting for director Phillip Kincaid to film his latest blockbuster. But the small town hospitality he expected turns downright hostile when he finds himself behind bars for speeding—arrested by the sexiest police officer to ever slap a pair of handcuffs on him. Now, Phillip wants nothing more than to show Sheriff Victoria “Tory” Ashton how an outlaw can bring pleasurable disorder to her life.
- Rules of the Game (1984) — Orphaned and poor, Brooke Gordon had spent years developing a strong character and independence, and no smooth-talking ladies’ man — no matter how irresistible — was going to make her swoon. So why were Brooke’s knees wobbling every time gorgeous Parks Jones came near?
- Opposites Attract (1984) — Asher Wolfe and Ty Starbuck were tennis superstars – Ty all fire and flash, Asher the ice princess with devastating control. Three years ago, the combination had resulted in a passionate affair. But misunderstandings had catapulted Asher into an unhappy marriage with another man. Now the ice princess was back on the circuit, determined to win. But her concentration was threatened, as Ty’s dark eyes dared her to become the fiery woman he had once loved.
- The Right Path (1985) — After a frightening encounter with a stranger, Morgan James was bewildered when her ‘attacker’ turned out to be the very wealthy Nicholas Gregoras. But could Morgan’s suspicions about the mysterious Greek tycoon withstand the all-consuming desire ignited by his kiss?
- Partners (1985) — He had wanted Laurel Armand for years – though professionally she was his nemesis. But once the two rival reporters headed down to steamy New Orleans to investigate a murder, Matt Bates was determined to make his lovely adversary his willing partner in passion…
- Night Moves (1985) — Some people had skeletons in their closets; Maggie Fitzgerald had one in her yard. She’s retreated from her fast-paced life, seeking peace and solitude in the country. So she’s horrified when landscaper Cliff Delaney uncovers human bones buried deep beneath her perfectly tended garden. The discovery shatters Maggie’s peace entirely. A cold-blooded killer is still on the loose, putting Maggie’s life in terrible danger – and her rural idyll is rapidly becoming a nightmare.
- Boundary Lines (1985) — Feisty Jillian Baron and arrogant Aaron Murdock seemed determined to carry their families’ feud into another generation. But the battle waged within their own hearts pitted their mistrust against overwhelming desire.
- Dual Image (1985) — Playing Booth DeWitt’s cruel ex-wife in his new film is a dream come true for actress Ariel Kirkwood. Not only is it great for her career, she also gets to work with Booth – and since she’s got to know him, Ariel can’t get the aloof, sexy screenwriter out of her mind. She wants to be his leading lady for life, but Booth seems more distant with each passing day. Now Ariel must convince Booth to see her for the woman she truly is…
- The Art of Deception (1986) — Adam Haines claims he’s visiting the home of famous artist Phillip Fairchild to relax and paint. In actuality, he has been sent to investigate the whereabouts of a stolen painting. Phillip is involved with the forgery and sale of famous works, and is currently planning the sale of the Rembrandt which Adam is seeking. Phillip’s crimes are harmless, but it quickly becomes apparent that someone else is not. An attempt is made on the life of Kirby, Phillip’s daughter. And what had been an exciting game becomes dangerously real.
- Treasures Lost, Treasures Found (1986) — Ky had awakened her to love. It had been almost impossible to walk out on him, but Kate had. She’d been certain back then that she’d made the right choice, but when an unexpected legacy from her father forced her back to Ocracoke Island and Ky, nothing seemed certain. Had she lost a priceless treasure, or had she found one?
- Risky Business (1986) — Ten years ago, Liz Palmer left Houston for the beautiful Caribbean island of Cozumel to mend a broken heart, raise her daughter in peace, and attract adventurous tourists with her Black Coral Dive Shop. Unfortunately, her new diving instructor Jerry Sharpe was only employed for two weeks when he vanished and was found dead. Now, Jerry’s twin brother Jonas is seeking answers, leading Liz on an investigation that reveals undeniable passion between them—and uncovers a criminal conspiracy that threatens their lives…
- A Will and a Way (1986) — It wasn’t easy living with her infuriating co-beneficiary, Michael Donohue — even to fulfill her uncle’s last wishes — but headstrong Pandora McVie found it still harder not falling in love with her nemesis.
- Home for Christmas (1986) — After years of traveling the globe, prizewinning reporter Jason Law returns home to his small New Hampshire town to win back the woman who slipped through his fingers. But it might take a Christmas miracle for Faith Monroe to give him a second chance…
- Mind Over Matter (1987) — When documentary film maker David Brady asks her client to appear in a film on paranormal phenomena, theatrical agent Aurora Fields stays on the set to protect the woman, but David is sure Aurora is trying to hide something, and he finds himself attracted to her and her secret.
- Hot Ice (1987) — Reckless Whitney MacAllister possesses all the wealth and beauty every woman dreams of. Streetwise Douglas Lord has the good looks and quick wits to be a success at his chosen profession: larceny. She has the cash and the connections. He has the stolen documents leading to a fabulous hidden fortune. It is a business proposition, pure and simple. But the race to find the treasure, from Manhattan to Madagascar, is only part of the game. For their fierce and dangerous attraction to each other soon threatens to overwhelm them—unless their merciless and shadowy rivals kill them first..
- Temptation (1987) — Faced with orchard owner Chase Elliott’s roguish charm, former Philadelphia socialite Eden Carlbough, who is now trying to run a struggling summer camp for girls, finds that romance is sure to follow temptation.
- Local Hero (1988) — When her nine-year-old son begins bonding with her neighbor Mitch, single mother Hester Wallace wonders if she has been depriving him of a father figure but is hesitant to invite Mitch into their lives for fear of falling in love with him.
- The Name of the Game (1988) — TV producer Johanna Patterson knows that the entertainment industry is a man’s world – especially for a man like Sam Weaver. His tough good looks have propelled him to movie stardom. But Johanna can’t be won over by a pretty face. The problem is that Sam is not quite the man Johanna thought he was. He’s better. And for a woman who forgot what it means to be surprised, Sam has an uncanny way of making her lose her self-control with his easy confidence and laid-back charm. And the mind-blowing kisses help, too….
- Sweet Revenge (1989) — At twenty-five, Princess Adrianne lives a life most people would envy. But her pampered-rich-girl pose is a ruse, a carefully calculated effort to hide a dangerous truth. For ten years Adrianne has lived for revenge. She has the perfect plan to make her famous father pay. She will take possession of the one thing he values above all others—The Sun and the Moon, a fabled necklace beyond price. Yet just as she is poised to take her vengeance, she meets a man who seems to divine her every secret. Clever, charming, and enigmatic, Philip Chamberlain has his own private reasons for getting close to Princess Adrianne. And only when it’s too late will she see the hidden danger . . .
- Impulse (1989) — When her predictable path in life leads to dissatisfaction, Rebecca Malone quits her accounting job, sells her belongings, and leaves Philadelphia for Greece. There, Rebecca permits herself to enjoy the attentions of Stephen Nickodemus, a restaurant owner. But when their flirtatious fling grows more serious than either expected, Rebecca must choose either to embrace her new carefree spirit or to accept the true love in her heart.
- Gabriel’s Angel (1989) — All reclusive artist Gabriel Bradley wants is solitude. But when a very pregnant—and very beautiful woman ends up at his remote cabin during a blizzard, the modern-day Scrooge can’t turn her away. For even though Laura is desperate, alone, and on the run, she’s managed to bring Gabriel the gifts of passion, hope and life—he only needs the courage to reach for them.
- The Welcoming (1989) — Visitors come to Charity’s friendly little inn to escape their ordinary lives. But FBI Agent Roman DeWinter knows something ugly is going on beneath the cozy surface. His mission is to expose the dangerous criminal gang operating out of the inn. Going undercover, Roman begins his investigation – which puts Charity’s life on the line.
- Public Secrets (1990) — Emma. Beautiful, intelligent, radiantly talented, she lives in a star-studded world of wealth and privilege. But she is about to discover that fame is no protection at all when someone wants you dead. . . .
- Genuine Lies (1991) — Eve Benedict is the kind of subject who could make any biographer’s career. Last of the movie goddesses, she has two Oscars, four ex-husbands, and a legion of lovers, both famous and infamous. Now she is ready to write a tell-all memoir that has even Hollywood’s richest and most powerful worried.
- Carnal Innocence (1991) — In the small town of Innocence, Mississippi, days are long, nights are fragrant, and secrets are hard to keep. But when a brutal killer starts claiming the lives of the town’s most attractive women, lifelong neighbors are forced to wonder if the culprit is a stranger lurking in the bayou…or someone right next door.
- Unfinished Business (1992) — Adam Haines claims he’s visiting the home of famous artist Phillip Fairchild to relax and paint. In actuality, he has been sent to investigate the whereabouts of a stolen painting. Phillip is involved with the forgery and sale of famous works, and is currently planning the sale of the Rembrandt which Adam is seeking. Phillip’s crimes are harmless, but it quickly becomes apparent that someone else is not. An attempt is made on the life of Kirby, Phillip’s daughter. And what had been an exciting game becomes dangerously real.
- Honest Illusions (1992) — The daughter of a world-renowned magician, Roxy Nouvelle has inherited her father’s talents—and his penchant for jewel thievery. Into this colorful world comes Luke Callahan, an escape artist who captures her heart—and keeps secrets that could shatter all her illusions…
- Divine Evil (1992) — A decade ago, sculptor Clare Kimball fled Emmitsboro, Maryland, to take the art world by storm. Now she’s celebrated as the artist of her generation. But no amount of success can eclipse the nightmares that haunt her—or the memories of her father’s suicide. Just as her star is shining brighter than ever, Clare leaves it all behind to face her demons.
- Private Scandals (1993) —Deanna Reynolds had it all planned: She’d start out in the newsroom of a small Chicago station, then move up to host her own talk show. When her mentor Angela Perkins leaves for New York, Deanna risks everything for the chance to replace Angela on the air. The network’s sexiest journalist, Finn Riley, admires Deanna’s daring ambition. But soon they are caught up in the bitter backlash of Angela’s revenge—and they must unmask the hidden betrayals of Deanna’s fiercest rival by taking the biggest risk of all…
- The Best Mistake (1994) — Ex-model Zoe Fleming is now a hardworking single mom – and she wouldn’t have it any other way, though she would like a tenant to share household expenses. What she gets is confirmed bachelor J. Cooper McKinnon. Coop quickly befriends her son and in no time has the reluctant Zoe charmed, too. But she has zero room in her life for a man. Could this be a recipe for disaster, or the best mistake she’s ever made?
- Hidden Riches (1994) — Dora Conroy has a passion for antiques—and any other rarities she can acquire for her quaint Philadelphia shop. A seasoned dealer, she knows all the tricks of the trade. But she is unprepared for the deadly consequences when she purchases a few curiosities at an auction—and unknowingly brings home a priceless cache that makes her the target of an international criminal. Entwined in a reckless chase, Dora turns to her new neighbor, Jed Skimmerhorn, a cop who’s turned in his badge—and whose desire for lovely Dora puts him back in the line of fire. Fighting their attraction while falling in love, they find that hidden riches can have a most ordinary façade. And that possession can be a lethal obsession…
- All I Want for Christmas (1994) — Single dad Mac Taylor is about to find out the lengths to which his mischievous twin boys, Zeke and Zach, will go to find him the Christmas gift of new love when they send a special wish for a new mom to Old Saint Nick….
- True Betrayals (1995) — Living at a Virginia horse farm with the mother she had never known, Kelsey Byden becomes involved with a high-stakes gambler who raises troubling questions about her mother’s past.
- Montana Sky (1996) — When Jack Mercy died, he left behind a ranch worth nearly twenty million dollars. Now his three daughters—each born of a different mother, and each unknown by the others—are gathered to hear the reading of the will. But the women are shocked to learn that before any of them can inherit, they must live together on the ranch for one year. They are sisters…and strangers. Now they face a challenge: to put their bitterness aside and live like a family. To protect each other from danger—and unite against an enemy who threatens to destroy them all…
- Sanctuary (1997) — Successful photographer Jo Ellen Hathaway realizes she must return to the Southern resort run by her estranged family and, with the help of one man, sets out to discover who is stalking her and who killed her mother
- Homeport (1998) — After being attacked by an unknown assailant, art expert Miranda Jones journeys to Italy to verify the authenticity of a priceless artwork, only to find her professional reputation damaged, and is forced into an uneasy alliance with Ryan Boldari, a seductive art thief.
- Once Upon A Castle (1998) – featuring the novella Spellbound. A bewitchingly beautiful lady casts a thousand-year love spell on the man of her dreams—and unleashes a nightmare that only true love can conquer.
- The Reef (1998) — Tate Beaumont, a beautiful student of marine archaeology, finds adventure, danger, and passion when she reluctantly joins forces with diver Matthew Lassiter and his uncle to find a legendary jeweled amulet said to be lost at the bottom of the sea.
- River’s End (1999) — A young woman confronts the horrifying events of her childhood, an infamous crime that destroyed her family, with the help of the son of the police officer who had aided her many years ago.
- Once Upon A Star (1999) – featuring the novella Ever After. An ancient star pendant sends an enchanting woman to an otherwordly land—where she introduces a skeptical stranger to the magical powers of love.
- Carolina Moon (2000) — Returning to the hometown where her best friend Hope had been murdered as a girl, Tory Bodeen decides to face down her memories from that awful night and, in doing so, forges a relationship with Hope’s older brother Cade Lavelle.
- Once Upon A Dream (2000) – featuring the novella In Dreams. A beautiful young woman is drawn to a castle in the forests of Ireland and becomes the link to a stranger’s past—and the curse that has trapped him forever in the eternity of his own dreams.
- The Villa (2001) — The top PR executive for the family winery, Sophia Giambelli finds her life turned upside down by the merger with the MacMillan family’s winery, her powerful attraction to professional rival Tyler MacMillan, and acts of sabotage that threaten the family business and members of the family itself.
- Midnight Bayou (2001) — While working on the restoration of Manet Hall, Declan Fitzgerald begins seeing visions of past eras filled with sorrow and terror, and he turns to Angelina Simone to distract him from the eerie events, not realizing that Angelina has a connection to Manet Hall.
- Once Upon A Rose (2001) – featuring the novella Winter Rose. A young queen heals a wounded soldier on a remote island cursed with eternal winter—and warms her heart with the joys of true love.
- Three Fates (2002) — When a priceless family heirloom is stolen, Malachi, Gideon, and Rebecca Sullivan embark on a mission to recover the treasure and make their fortune.
- Once Upon a Kiss (2002) — featuring the novella A World Apart. A ravishing medieval Demon Slayer arrives in 20th century New York to brave a strange new world—and a man who will be her destiny.
- Birthright (2003) — Archaeologist Callie Dunbrook travels to a construction site where a set of 5,000-year-old human bones has been uncovered. Now overseeing the site, Callie must deal with disaster after disaster–leading some to believe that the site is cursed. And she must cope with the presence of her irritating-but irresistible-ex-husband, Jake.
- Once Upon a Midnight (2003) — featuring the novella The Witching Hour. A kingdom is plagued by tragedy until a wizard-god’s spell brings forth a courageous and beautiful young woman who must follow her heart in love and follow her destiny in battle.
- Northern Lights (2004) — Seeking to rebuild his life, ex-Baltimore cop Nate Burke takes a job as Chief of Police in the tiny, remote Alaskan town of Lunacy, where he comes face to face with the independent Meg Galloway, an unsolved fifteen-year-old crime, and someone who will do anything to keep the truth from being revealed.
- Moon Shadows (2004) — featuring the novella Wolf Moon. From mysterious warriors to evil sorceresses, from full moon cravings to moon witch spells, these enchanting tales of love and legend, magic and mystery are as menacing and alluring as the moon itself…
- Blue Smoke (2005) — Reena Hale’s destiny was shaped in the destructive – yet fascinatingly beautiful – fire that leveled her family’s pizzeria when she was young. Now an arson investigator, she finds her strength and wits constantly tested, although sometimes the job seems like a snap compared to her love life. Then she meets Bo Goodnight, who seems different. He’s been trying to find Reena for years, and now that she’s close enough to touch, he has no intention of letting go. Nor does the man who has begun to haunt Reena’s life. And as Reena tries desperately to trace the origins – of the calls, the fires, the hatred aimed in her direction – she will step into the worst inferno she has ever faced…
- Angels Fall (2006) — The sole survivor of a brutal crime, Reece Gilmore seeks refuge from the terror of the past in Angel’s Fist, Wyoming, only to become an eyewitness to a possible murder, but when all evidence of the crime vanishes, no one seems to believe her, except for Brody, a gruff loner who becomes her only hope of escaping a killer.
- High Noon (2007) — Attracted to a talented police lieutenant who serves as Savannah’s top hostage negotiator, Duncan Swift endeavors to become a part of Phoebe MacNamara’s solitary life in both her personal and professional arenas, which are challenged by her family and criminal attacks in both her past and present. By the author of Angels Fall.
- Tribute (2008) — Working to restore a family farmhouse, former child actress Cilla McGowan remembers her actress grandmother’s fatal overdose years earlier before meeting a handsome neighbor and discovering a cache of letters that suggests her grandmother had been pregnant at the time of her death.
- Black Hills (2009) — His dreaded summer visits to his grandparents’ South Dakota ranch improved by a maturing friendship with neighbor Lil Chance, Cooper Sullivan enters adulthood haunted by his and Lil’s discovery of a hiker’s body and is unexpectedly called upon to assist his grandparents and Lil years later when the unsolved killing is linked to vandalism at Lil’s wildlife refuge.
- The Search (2010) — Fiona survived a nightmare: an encounter with the Red Scarf Killer, who shot and killed Fiona’s cop fiancé and his K-9 partner. On Orcas Island, Fiona has found the peace and solitude necessary to rebuild her life with her three loyal Labs. But all that changes on the day intensely private wood artist Simon Doyle barrels up her drive with an out-of-control puppy, desperate for her help. As Fiona embarks on training Jaws, and Simon begins to appreciate both dog and trainer, the past tears back into Fiona’s life. A copycat killer has emerged out of the shadows, a man whose bloodlust has been channeled by a master with one motive: to reclaim the woman who slipped out of his hands…
- Hot Rocks (2010) — Antiques dealer Laine Tavish is an ordinary woman living an ordinary life. At least, that’s what everyone in the small town of Angel’s Gap, Maryland, thinks. They have no idea that she used to be Elaine O’Hara, the daughter of a notorious con man… Laine’s past catches up with her when one of Big Jack’s associates turns up in her shop with a cryptic warning and is then run down in the street. Now the next target of a ruthless killer, Laine teams up with sexy PI Max Gannon to find out who’s chasing her, and why. The anwer lies in a hidden fortune that will change Laine’s life forever…
- Chasing Fire (2011) — One of the best of this year’s rookie crop, Gulliver Curry is a walking contradiction, a hotshot firefighter with a big vocabulary and a winter job at a kids’ arcade. And though Rowan, as a rule, doesn’t hook up with other smoke jumpers, Gull is convinced he can change her mind… But everything is thrown off balance when a dark presence lashes out against Rowan…
- The Witness (2012) — The mystery of Abigail Lowery and her sharp mind, secretive nature and unromantic viewpoint intrigues local police chief Brooks Gleason, on both a personal and professional level. And while he suspects that Abigail needs protection from something, Gleason is accustomed to two-bit troublemakers, not the powerful and dangerous men who are about to have him in their sights. And Abigail Lowery, who has built a life based on security and self-control, is at risk of losing both.
- Whiskey Beach (2013) — A Boston lawyer, Eli has weathered an intense year of public scrutiny and police investigations after being accused of—but never arrested for—the murder of his soon-to-be ex-wife. He finds sanctuary at Bluff House, even though his beloved grandmother is in Boston recuperating from a nasty fall. Abra Walsh is always there, though. But as they become entangled in each other, they find themselves caught in a net that stretches back for centuries—one that has ensnared a man intent on reaping the rewards of destroying Eli Landon once and for all.
- The Collector (2014) — When professional house-sitter Lila Emerson witnesses a murder/suicide from her current apartment-sitting job, life as she knows it takes a dramatic turn. Suddenly, the woman with no permanent ties finds herself almost wishing for one…
- The Liar (2015) — Shelby Foxworth lost her husband. Then she lost her illusions… He was an adulterer and a liar, and when Shelby tracks down his safe-deposit box, she finds multiple IDs. The man she loved wasn’t just dead. He never really existed. Shelby takes her three-year-old daughter and heads south to seek comfort in her hometown, where she meets someone new: Griff Lott, a successful contractor. But her husband had secrets she has yet to discover. And an attempted murder is only the beginning…
- The Obsession (2016) — Naomi Bowes lost her innocence the night she followed her father into the woods. In freeing the girl trapped in the root cellar, Naomi revealed the horrible extent of her father’s crimes and made him infamous. No matter how close she gets to happiness, she can’t outrun the sins of Thomas David Bowes. Now a successful photographer living under the name Naomi Carson, she has found a place that calls to her, a rambling old house in need of repair, thousands of miles away from everything she’s ever known. Naomi wants to embrace the solitude, but the kindly residents of Sunrise Cove keep forcing her to open up—especially the determined Xander Keaton.
- Come Sundown (2017) — The Bodine ranch and resort in western Montana is a family business, an idyllic spot for vacationers. A little over thirty thousand acres and home to four generations, it’s kept running by Bodine Longbow with the help of a large staff, including new hire Callen Skinner. There was another member of the family once: Bodine’s aunt, Alice, who ran off before Bodine was born. She never returned, and the Longbows don’t talk about her much. The younger ones, who never met her, quietly presume she’s dead. But she isn’t. She is not far away, part of a new family, one she never chose―and her mind has been shattered… When a bartender leaves the resort late one night, and Bo and Cal discover her battered body in the snow, it’s the first sign that danger lurks in the mountains that surround them. The police suspect Cal, but Bo finds herself trusting him―and turning to him as another woman is murdered and the Longbows are stunned by Alice’s sudden reappearance. The twisted story she has to tell about the past―and the threat that follows in her wake―will test the bonds of this strong family, and thrust Bodine into a darkness she could never have imagined.
- Shelter in Place (2018) — It was a typical evening at a mall outside Portland, Maine. Three teenage friends waited for the movie to start. A boy flirted with the girl selling sunglasses. Mothers and children shopped together, and the manager at video game store tended to customers. Then the shooters arrived. The chaos and carnage lasted only eight minutes before the killers were taken down. But for those who lived through it, the effects would last forever. In the years that followed, one would dedicate himself to a law enforcement career. Another would close herself off, trying to bury the memory of huddling in a ladies’ room, helplessly clutching her cell phone–until she finally found a way to pour her emotions into her art. But one person wasn’t satisfied with the shockingly high death toll at the DownEast Mall. And as the survivors slowly heal, find shelter, and rebuild, they will discover that another conspirator is lying in wait–and this time, there might be nowhere safe to hide.
- Under Currents (2019) — For both Zane and Darby, their small town roots hold a terrible secret. Now, decades later, they’ve come together to build a new life. But will the past set them free or pull them under?
- Hideaway (2020) — Caitlyn Sullivan had come from a long line of Hollywood royalty, stretching back to her Irish immigrant great-grandfather. At nine, she was already a star―yet still an innocent child who loved to play hide and seek with her cousins at the family home in Big Sur. It was during one of those games that she disappeared…
- Legacy (2021) — Adrian Rizzo was seven when she met her father for the first time. That was the day he nearly killed her – before her mother, Lina, stepped in. A decade later, Adrian has created her own line of yoga and workout videos, following in Lina’s footsteps but intent on maintaining creative control. And she’s just as cool-headed and ambitious as her mother. They aren’t close, but they’re cordial – as long as neither crosses the other. But while Lina dismisses the death threats that Adrian starts getting as a routine part of her daughter’s growing celebrity, Adrian can’t help but find the vicious rhymes unsettling. Sometimes it even seems like the terrifying messages are indeed routine, like nothing will come of them. Until the murders start, and the escalation begins….
- Nightwork (2022) — Harry Booth started stealing at nine to keep a roof over his ailing mother’s head, slipping into luxurious, empty homes at night to find items he could trade for precious cash. When his mother finally succumbed to cancer, he left Chicago―but kept up his nightwork. Wandering from the Outer Banks to Savannah to New Orleans, he dons new identities and stays careful, observant, distant. Still, he can’t help letting his guard down when he meets Miranda Emerson. But the powerful bond between them cannot last―because not all thieves follow Harry’s code of honor. And after Harry takes a lucrative job commissioned by Carter LaPorte, LaPorte sees a tool he can use, and decides he wants to own Harry. To truly free himself, he must face down his enemy once and for all. Only then can he hope to possess something more valuable than anything he has ever stolen…