All of Victoria Laurie’s Books in Order!
Who is Victoria Laurie?
New York Times bestselling author, Victoria Laurie was already a professional psychic for many years when she started using her career as a gifted intuitive to create Abigail Cooper, the main protagonist of the Psychic Eye Mystery series. The success of the series led her to become a full-time writer.
After Abigail Cooper, she introduced M. J. Holliday in the Ghost Hunter mystery series, followed Abigail’s sister in her own series, The Life Coach Mysteries, but also wrote books directed to a younger audience with the Oracles of Delphi Keep series.
How to read the Victoria Laurie Books in Order?
I. Psychic Eye Mystery
Abby Cooper is a professional psychic intuitive who has everyone else figured out far better than she has her own life managed.
- Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (2004) – Abby Cooper is a P.I., psychic intuitive. But her insight failed her when she didn’t foresee the death of one of her clients-or that the lead investigator for the case is the gorgeous blind date she just met. Now, with the police suspicious of her abilities and a killer on the loose, Abby’s future looks more uncertain than ever.
- Blind Sighted (Short Story, 2005) – Collected in the Drop-Dead Blonde anthology.
- Better Read Than Dead (2005) – As a favor for a friend, Abby agrees to read tarot cards at a wedding, and finds herself predicting the future for some very shady guests. Word of her talents reaches a mob boss who wants her help in some business matters, and he doesn’t take no for an answer.
- A Vision of Murder (2005) – Professional psychic Abby Cooper has invested in a fixer-upper, hoping to make a killing in the real estate market. But a killing of another kind puts her plans awry, as the ghost of a murdered woman and some troublesome poltergeists lead her into a mystery that stretches all the way back to World War II.
- Killer Insight (2006) – When her relationship with FBI agent Dutch Rivers skids to a halt, Abby Cooper is fully aware that a wedding isn’t the best post-breakup scenario. But when a friend from the Mile High City finds herself short one bridesmaid, it doesn’t take a professional psychic to see the opportunity for a much-needed getaway.
- Crime Seen (2007) – Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye, is having a hard time getting over a gunshot wound from her last case-especially because she didn’t see the shots coming. Out of work and second-guessing her abilities, she tries to get back in the saddle by helping her boyfriend Dutch with some of his FBI cases. And soon enough, her intuition returns with a vengeance.
- Death Perception (2008) – It took a while for Abby Cooper’s FBI agent boyfriend, Dutch Rivers, to accept her psychic gifts as the real deal. But these days he knows better than to question Abby’s visions. So when his favorite cousin Chase is kidnapped in Vegas, they both catch the next flight to Sin City. Abby’s inner eye insists that Chase is still alive, but nothing else about the case adds up? especially Dutch’s reluctance to involve his own Bureau.
- Doom with a View (2009) – Business has been frustratingly slow for Abby who needs any new commission she can get, even if it means agreeing to a job with the FBI that puts her at the center of an internal political struggle between two powerful agents, one of whom is the flinty lead investigator and confirmed skeptic Brice Harrison. Abby’s skills are continually tested – along with her patience – as she works to convince Harrison that she’s not only the real deal, but can help him locate three college teens who’ve mysteriously disappeared.
- A Glimpse of Evil (2010) – As the FBI’s newest Civilian Profiler, Abby Cooper is using her powers of intuition to help solve a backlog of the bureau’s cold cases. But when she’s the only one who’s convinced that several separate cold cases are related, she’ll have to call on every intuitive bone in her body before she’s the one put on ice…
- Vision Impossible (2011) – Abby Cooper, the FBI’s newest Civilian Profiler, is adding Spy to her resume. The military’s digital photography software that captures one’s aura- just like Abby can-sits in a drone aircraft that’s been stolen. It’s a major breach in security as every country’s leader can be identified by their aura…
- Lethal Outlook (2012) – When a mysterious client approaches Abby about a young mother who’s vanished, Abby is more than willing to get involved. After all, it’s the perfect distraction from dealing with the headache of her sister, Cat-who has flown into town and turned Abby and Dutch’s impending nuptials into Weddingpalooza.
- Deadly Forecast (2013) – It’s said to be good luck if it rains on your wedding day, but Abby sees something darker than storm clouds on the horizon. She’s just had a disturbing premonition of her fiancé’s murder. Her husband-to-be has been assigned to a case involving a series of bombings, and Abby’s spirit guides warn her of imminent danger.
- Fatal Fortune (2014) – Abby Cooper can’t believe her eyes after the police show her surveillance video of her best friend and business partner, Candice Fusco, shooting a man in cold blood. And when the cops tell her they think the victim has ties to the Mob-and perhaps Candice does too-Abby can’t believe her ears. Surely there is a logical explanation. But Candice is nowhere to be found.
- Sense of Deception (2015) – A ticked-off judge has tossed Abby in the slammer for contempt of court, and during her brief but unpleasant stay she learns the story of a condemned woman who is facing a far more serious sentence. Skylar Miller has been found guilty of murder and faces the death penalty. Everyone believes she’s guilty, including her own family and her ex-husband-everyone, that is, except Abby, whose finely honed intuition tells her this woman doesn’t belong behind bars.
- A Grave Prediction (2016) – When Abby is sent to Los Angeles to help train FBI officers to use their intuition, she encounters a case that only she can solve: a series of bank robberies in which the thieves made off with loads of cash but left no clues. Abby’s sixth sense leads her team to a tract of land recently cleared for development, where she gets a vision of four buried bodies. However, a site search turns up only ancient bones and pottery from an American Indian tribe, which is enough to delay construction for years.
- A Panicked Premonition (2017) – Abby Cooper has used her inner visions to get her out of many a scrape-and solve many a crime-but she’s about to face a murder scene that will put all her powers to the test. Abby’s husband Dutch has a side business providing security and building panic rooms for wealthy clients. One morning, one of Dutch’s partners, Dave, goes missing on his way to meet a client. Abby’s intuition tells her something terrible has happened to him.
- Fated for Felony (2019) – When three newbie agents at the Austin’s FBI cold-case bureau resent having to work alongside a psychic consultant, Abby Cooper finds herself in hot water after they contact super-popular podcaster Mike Toscano-a former agent and huge skeptic of Abby’s abilities. To prove that she’s the real deal, Abby will have to solve Toscano’s oldest-and coldest-case, and she’ll have to do it on air with millions of Toscano’s fans critiquing her every move.
II. The Life Coach Mysteries
This series follows Cat Cooper, the sister of sister Abby Cooper from the Psychic Eye Mysteries series.
- Coached to Death (2019) – Cat Cooper never imagined selling off her in-demand marketing firm would mean going from the pinnacle of success to a walking hot mess. Gouged from an unexpected divorce, Cat suddenly finds herself struggling through a new career as a business-savvy life coach for the hopelessly adrift in East Hampton and contending with Heather Holland-a spiteful neighbor who will do anything to bully her out of town. But her second act may very well continue behind bars when Heather’s dead body turns up next to a shattered punchbowl . . . and Cat’s pinned as the murderer.
- To Coach a Killer (2020) – As the Hamptons drags through early spring, Cat’s shot at becoming the toast of the town in time for Memorial Day is dwindling-and fast. The only client she can find has been housebound for decades and claims to be the victim of a devasting curse. Then there’s the matter of Detective Shepherd’s intense jealousy over Maks Grinkov, the handsome bad boy who approaches Cat with an unusual offer she can’t stop thinking about. Havoc finally breaks loose when a string of murders rocks the coastal community, landing Maks on the hook as the culprit.
- Coached in the Act (2021) – Wild rumors are swirling in the Hamptons over “Twelve Angry Men,” a ruthlessly revealing one-woman show written and performed by Yelena Galanis. The well-known socialite dated her way through some of the East End’s most eligible bachelors, and now she’s sparing few details while spilling their humiliating secrets to scandalized crowds. It’s a mean-spirited spectacle that urges Cat to make a beeline for the theater exit during the first act-only to later discover that Yelena was found stabbed to death during intermission that same evening…
- Coached Red-Handed (2022) – With Gilley heartbroken over the collapse of his marriage, Cat has the perfect remedy-a three-week-long getaway to Italy. But before the duo can pack their bags and sip prosecco on the sunny Riviera, they first must help a troubled client carve out a fresh start of her own. Wealthy Scarlet Rubi desperately seeks a greater purpose and immediate distance from her toxic descendants. The urgency of the situation isn’t quite so clear until Scarlet takes healthy steps towards progress, only to turn up dead…
- Coaching Fire (2023) – Gilley’s whirlwind romance with creative director Stuart Jacobs began in Paris, where Stuart was sourcing fabric for the world-renowned Texas Rose Festival, which he is heading-up for the first time. The festival is nothing short of spectacular, bringing in half a million people (and their wallets) to see the artistic displays, and exquisite gowns and jewels worn by the Rose Queen and her court. Stuart and his crew seem to have it all under control. But the night Cat arrives in Texas, someone is shot in cold blood, and a member of Stuart’s staff is named the prime suspect!
III. Ghost Hunter Mystery
This series follows ghost hunter and medium M.J. Holliday and her friends (then the crew of her cable TV show, Ghoul Getters).
- What’s a Ghoul to Do? (2007) – M.J., her partner Gilley, and their client, the wealthy, de-lish Dr. Steven Sable, are at his family’s lodge, where his grandfather allegedly jumped to his death from the roof-although Sable says it was foul play. But the patriarch’s isn’t the only ghost around. The place is lousy with souls, all with something to get off their ghoulish chests. Now M.J. will have to to quell the clamor-and listen for a voice with the answers…
- Demons Are a Ghoul’s Best Friend (2008) – Northelm Boarding School on Lake Placid has the worst bully of all-a demon by the name of Hatchet Jack. M.J. Holliday, along with her partners Gilley and the handsome Dr. Steven Sable, are ready to send him back to the portal from whence he came. The school’s summer construction, an uncooperative dean, and the very tempting Dr. Delicious are all trying to distract M.J. from her ghost hunting. But with a demonic disturbance as great as Hatchet Jack, she must focus and show no mercyto send him to detention for an eternity in hell.
- Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (2009) – When ghost hunter and medium M.J. Holliday appears on a television show called Haunted Possessions, she encounters an evil knife that releases a demon. Now all hell has broken loose in the haunted hotel where M.J. is staying? and it’s up to her to give the uninvited guest an early checkout.
- Ghouls Gone Wild (2010) – When M.J. and her friends travel to a small town near Edinburgh, Scotland, to film the first installment of their new cable TV show Ghoul Getters, they find plenty of spooky action in a series of supposedly haunted caverns. But when they discover the body of a maintenance worker, the cause of death is reminiscent of an old legend involving a witch’s wrath…
- Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls (2010) – When M.J. Holliday and the crew of her cable TV show, Ghoul Getters, venture to the haunted ruins of Dunlow Castle in Ireland, drawn by the legend of hidden treasure, they hope the road will rise up to meet them, that the wind will always be at their backs-and that the resident phantom won’t push them off a cliff. If they treasure their lives, M.J. and her ghost busters need to get the drop on the menacing phantom…
- Ghoul Interrupted (2011) – M.J. Holliday and her crew interrupt the frantic schedule of their reality TV show, Ghoul Getters, and hotfoot it to New Mexico, where a dreadful demon is waging tribal warfare. Same Whitefeather- M.J.’s spirit guide-urgently needs her help to stop this evil spirit from wiping out the descendants of his tribe. It doesn’t take a psychic to predict that M.J.’s going to have a devil of a time making New Mexico a demon-free zone.
- What a Ghoul Wants (2012) – Kidwella Castle in northern Wales is rumored to be haunted by a deadly ghost-the Grim Widow, who allegedly drowns unsuspecting guests in the castle’s moat. Not long after M. J. and her crew arrive at the castle to film their ghost-hunting cable TV show, Ghoul Getters, two new victims are added to the Widow’s grisly roster.
- The Ghoul Next Door (2014) – On a well-deserved hiatus from the ghoulish grind of their TV show, Ghoul Getters, psychic medium M. J. Holliday, her boyfriend, Heath, and her best friend, Gilley, are back home in Boston. But there’s no rest for the weary ghost busters. M. J.’s ex comes to her for help-his fiancée’s brother Luke seems haunted by a sinister spirit.
- No Ghouls Allowed (2015) – M.J. has had a distant relationship with her father since her mother died more than two decades ago. But when M.J., her boyfriend, Heath, and BFF, Gilley, take a break from their show, Ghoul Getters, and visit her family home in Valdosta, Georgia, they find Montgomery Holliday a changed man. The source of his happiness seems to be his new fiancée, the charming Christine Bigelow.
- A Ghoul’s Guide to Love and Murder (2016) – M.J., Heath, and Gilley, are back home in Boston, where their new film is sure to be a monster hit! To promote the film, the studio is sponsoring a special exhibit of supernatural artifacts at a local museum. Unfortunately, Gilley-whose mind is engaged with wedding plans-gets talked into donating to the exhibit the very dagger that keeps the dangerous ghost Oruç and his pet demon locked down in the lower realms. Before M.J. can recover the bewitched blade, there’s a murder and a heist at the museum, and the dagger is stolen.
IV. Oracles of Delphi Keep
A Children Fantasy series about Ian Wigby, an orphan who has been given the task of saving the world by the greatest Oracle of Delphi the world has ever known.
- Oracles of Delphi Keep (2009) – Along the southern coast of England, atop the White Cliffs of Dover, stands a castle. And at that castle’s old keep is an orphanage. Delphi Keep has seen many youngsters come and go through its gates, and Ian Wigby and his sister, Theodosia, are happy to call it home. Life has always been simple at the Keep, and the orphanage safe, until one day, Ian and Theo find a silver treasure box. And within the box, a prophesy. Three thousand years ago a great Greek oracle wrote of a quest. A quest on which the fate of the world depends. A quest that names two children-Ian and Theodosia. Suddenly Delphi Keep is no longer safe. And Ian and Theo, along with a very special group of friends, realize they must unravel the meaning behind the scroll of Dover cavern before darkness falls on the world. And before an unfathomable evil catches up with them.
- The Curse of Deadman’s Forest (2010) – Since Ian Wigby and his sister, Theodosia, found the silver treasure box and the prophecy within it, their world has changed. There’s no denying what they discovered in Morocco: a powerful evil is budding, and to defeat it, and save the world from darkness, six uniquely gifted children must be gathered. According to prophecy, a trip through the magical portal near the castle will bring them to the third Oracle–a child with extraordinary powers to heal. But the very same prophecy foretells Ian’s death should he venture through the portal again.
- Quest for the Secret Keeper (2012) – Delphi Keep is awash in activity, and for Ian, Theo, and Carl, their safe haven might be nearing its end. The Royal Navy has taken the keep to use as a hospital and the tunnels running under the keep and the castle are ideal to set up a central communications outpost for the approaching war. The earl is happy to help the effort, but now the keep is no longer safe for the orphans and they must be evacuated. The orphans don’t know where they must go, but they know they must rescue the Secret Keeper.
V. The Spellbound Series
- A Spell to Unbind (2021) – As a professional thief, Esmé Bellerose’s daylong job interview was going well: She’d come through most of it with only a black eye, bloody lip, broken wrist, a few cracked ribs, and talon marks from a ruby-throated dragon-but at least she wasn’t missing any pieces. And if she could only survive until the five o’clock hour, she’d land the job that was every mystic thief’s dream: employment at SPL Inc. But the head of SPL, Elric Ostergaard, has other plans, and he’s put one additional task on Esmé’s job application, which must be completed before he’ll hire her.
- Coming soon…
- When (2015) – For as long as she can remember, Maddie has seen a series of unique digits hovering above the foreheads of each person she encounters. Her earliest memories are marked by these numbers, but it takes her father’s premature death for Maddie and her family to realize that these mysterious digits are actually deathdates, and just like birthdays, everyone has one. Forced by her alcoholic mother to use her ability to make extra money, Maddie identifies the quickly approaching deathdate of one client’s young son, but because her ability only allows her to see the when and not the how, she’s unable to offer any more insight. When the boy goes missing on that exact date, law enforcement turns to Maddie.
- Whenever (2023) – Maddie Fynn knew from the moment she laid eyes on Aiden Faraday that their destinies were intertwined. Born with the unique ability to see the exact date a person will die, Maddie is definitely an expert on destinies. She and Aiden have a deathdate exactly one day apart, far off in the future, sixty years from now. So how could it be that they wouldn’t be destined to spend all those years together, especially when they fall madly in love. But when Maddie gives birth to their baby girl, she sees immediately that her daughter’s deathdate will be less than a year away, and there seems to be nothing she can do to prevent it. Maddie only knows the when never the how. Still, she couldn’t have imagined that concealing that information from Aiden would seal her daughter’s fate. Now, their marriage seems irreparably broken as they both blame the other for their daughter’s death. This is the story of destined love, and a tragedy that tears that love to pieces. But it’s also the story of how those antipodal destinies could be the very thing that brings them back together.
VI. Other Novels by Victoria Laurie
- Forever, Again (2016) – Lily Bennett is less than thrilled to be the new kid as she starts her junior year in high school. But soon after classes begin, she meets a classmate, Cole Drepeau, with whom she forms an immediate and intimate bond. As Cole and Lily grow closer, Lily learns about the murder that divided the town more than 30 years before. In 1985, graduating senior Amber Greeley snapped, killing her boyfriend, Ben – Cole’s uncle – and taking her own life. Lily feels inexplicably linked to Amber, and she can’t help but think that there’s more to the girl’s story. Determined to investigate the truth about Cole’s uncle’s death, Lily and Cole are pulled into a dark mystery – one that shakes the constraints of the world they’ve always believed in.
If you like Victoria Laurie’s books, you may also want to see our Magical Bakery reading order, or our guide to the Hannah Swensen series. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.