Written by Filipina-American author Melissa de la Cruz, the Blue Bloods series is a Young Adult Fantasy series about Vampires!
The series follows Schuyler Van Alen Chase, a half-blood vampire, the first and only one of her kind. When the story begins, Schuyler discovers the world of the Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires, and must help solve the mystery of the Blue Bloods slayings, and the existence of their ancient rivals, the Silver Bloods.
How to read the Blue Bloods Series in Order?
- Blue Bloods – Schuyler Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesne, her prestigious New York City private school. But when she turns fifteen, Schuyler’s life changes dramatically. The death of a popular schoolmate haunts her in unexpected ways. And strangest of all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her. Once an outcast, Schuyler is thrust into Manhattan’s most exclusive social circle. Its members are the powerful, the wealthy, and – as Schuyler discovers – the unhuman. They are the Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires, and for centuries they’ve been invincible. Now, something is preying on this elite group and Schuyler wants to find out the truth. But is she the most vulnerable of them all?
- Masquerade – Schuyler Van Alen wants an explanation for the mysterious death of young vampires. With her best friend, Oliver, Schuyler travels to Italy in the hope of finding the one man who can help – her grandfather. Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly under way for the Four Hundred Ball, an exclusive gala hosted by the city’s wealthy, powerful, and unhuman – a true Blue Blood affair.
- Revelations – Schuyler Van Alen’s blood legacy has just been called into question: is the young vampire in fact a Blue Blood, or is it the sinister Silver Blood that runs through her veins? As controversy swirls, Schuyler is left stranded in the Force household, trapped under the same roof as her cunning nemesis, Mimi Force, and her forbidden crush, Jack Force. When an ancient place of power is threatened in Rio de Janeiro, however, the Blue Bloods need Schuyler on their side.
- The Van Alen Legacy – With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss’s true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver’s brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged.
- Keys to the Repository (Guide/Short Story) – Lavish parties. Passionate meetings in the night. Bone-chilling murders. Exams. The day-to-day life of Schuyler Van Alen and her Blue Bloods friends (and enemies) is never boring. Below the streets of Manhattan, within the walls of the Repository, lies a wealth of revealing short stories, journal entries, and never-before-seen letters about the vampire elite dating back through time.
- Misguided Angel – After inheriting the dark Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler fled to Florence–with her forbidden love, Jack. Now the two of them must embark on the mission Schuyler was destined to complete: to find and protect the seven gates that guard earth from Lucifer, lord of the Silverbloods. As the Blue Blood enclave weakens yet further, fate leads Schuyler closer to a terrifying crossroads–and a choice that will determine the destiny of all vampires.
- Bloody Valentine (short story) – The Blue Bloods have powers beyond human comprehension: strength that defies logic, speed that cannot be captured on film, the ability to shapeshift, and more. But in matters of the heart, no one, not even these immortal vampires, has total control.
- Lost In Time – Schuyler’s hunt for the Gates is becoming more intense as the vampire world is beginning to show cracks. The New York Coven’s ancient lore and the desires of young vampires keep coming into a dangerous conflict that could have repercussions worldwide. The course of forbidden love never did run smooth…
- Wolf Pact (optional spin-off book) – The events of the book begin after The Van Alen Legacy and lead to Gates of Paradise. The ancient wolves were once proud guardians of time. Now they are enslaved in the underworld, mere extensions of Lucifer’s will. Lawson’s pack managed to escape this fate by fleeing aboveground. But when the hounds capture the girl Lawson loves, he will risk everything – including his own brothers’ freedom – to win her back.
- The Gates of Paradise – Schuyler Van Alen is running out of time. The Dark Prince of Hell is storming the Gates of Paradise, intent on winning the heavenly throne for good. Will Bliss and the wolves she has recruited to join her win the battle for the vampires? Is Schuyler prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice?
- After Life – After the events of The Gates of Paradise, Schuyler wakes up back in New York safe and sound. Only it’s not quite the New York she knows, and she’s not in her regular body. She looks different and feels different and so does everyone else. Schuyler soon discovers that in this world, her best friend has a different last name, her parents are both alive and well and one of them is an entirely different person, and the love of her life? Not so dead after all. The catch? Jack has no idea who she is. As it turns out, Schuyler is not in her New York. She’s not even in her universe. This is an alternate reality…
- After Death – After defeating Lucifer and saving the world, Schuyler Van Allen woke up in an entirely different reality and learned she had to do it all over again. Find the villain, take him down, save the world. But after losing her only allies, Jack Force–who ran off to protect her–and Kingsley Martin–who was captured and killed by the enemy, Schuyler has to face facts. She’s going to have to do this alone . . . or is she?
Vampires of Manhattan (aka the Blue Bloods Coven)
- Vampires of Manhattan – It is ten years after the great War with Lucifer, and the Coven has rebuilt. Leader of the Fallen, Oliver Hazard-Perry, plans to celebrate this prosperity by throwing a 400 Year Ball-and all Blue Blood society will be there. And then, all hell breaks loose . . .
- White Nights – Oliver Hazard-Perry is now a broken man and enlists the help of his friends Jack Force and Schuyler Van Alen to redeem himself and search for his lost love, Finn Chase, who has disappeared into the sophisticated streets of Stockholm.