By the author of the Night Angel Series.
What is Lightbringer about?
Originally intended to be a trilogy, The Lightbringer series is a Fantasy series written by American author Brent Weeks.
Set in the Seven Satrapies, 7 semi-autonomous countries, the story centers on the ‘Prism’ Gavin Guile. He is the most powerful person in the world and he uses his power to maintain the peace. But now, all of this is in danger as he must fight against an uprising.
Lightbringer Books in Order:
- The Black Prism – Guile is the Prism. He is high priest and emperor, a man whose power, wit, and charm are all that preserves a tenuous peace. Yet Prisms never last, and Guile knows exactly how long he has left to live. When Guile discovers he has a son, born in a far kingdom after the war that put him in power, he must decide how much he’s willing to pay to protect a secret that could tear his world apart.
- The Blinding Knife – Gavin Guile is dying. He’d thought he had five years left–now he has less than one. With fifty thousand refugees, a bastard son, and an ex-fiancée who may have learned his darkest secret, Gavin has problems on every side. All magic in the world is running wild and threatens to destroy the Seven Satrapies. Worst of all, the old gods are being reborn, and their army of color wights is unstoppable. The only salvation may be the brother whose freedom and life Gavin stole sixteen years ago.
- Gunner’s Apprentice (short story) – Gunner’s Apprentice is a scene set in the Seven Satrapies. Kip and Liv are in dire straits as the Color Prince’s armies draw closer. Can they find a way out, or is this the end for the son of Gavin Guile?
- The Broken Eye – As the old gods awaken and satrapies splinter, the Chromeria races to find the only man who can still end a civil war before it engulfs the known world. But Gavin Guile has been captured by an old enemy and enslaved on a pirate galley. Worse still, Gavin has lost more than his powers as Prism–he can’t use magic at all. Without the protection of his father, Kip Guile will face a master of shadows as his grandfather moves to choose a new Prism and put himself in power. With Teia and Karris, Kip will have to use all his wits to survive a secret war between noble houses, religious factions, rebels, and an ascendant order of hidden assassins called The Broken Eye.
- The Blood Mirror – The Seven Satrapies have collapsed into four-and those are falling before the White King’s armies. Gavin Guile, formerly the one man who might have averted war, is now lost, broken, and trapped in a prison crafted by his own hands to hold a great magical genius. But Gavin has no magic at all. Worse, in this prison, Gavin may not be alone. Kip Guile will make a last, desperate attempt to stop the White King’s growing horde.
- The Burning White – Gavin Guile, once the most powerful man the world had ever seen, has been laid low. He’s lost his magic, and now he is on a suicide mission. Failure will condemn the woman he loves. Success will condemn his entire empire. As the White King springs his great traps and the Chromeria itself is threatened by treason and siege, Kip Guile must gather his forces, rally his allies, and scramble to return for one impossible final stand.