All of the Terminal List novels!
What is the Jack Carr series about?
A former Navy SEAL, Jack Carr is now a #1 New York Times bestselling author with his spy thrillers in the vein of Brad Thor’s books (or Mark Greaney’s series) and the writer of what is known as the Terminal List series.
He’s writing the dangerous adventures of James Reece, a former Navy SEAL that has nothing left to live for and everything to kill after he discovers that the American government is behind the deaths of his team. He fought for revenge, but it was just the beginning.
Jack Carr’s James Reece series has been adapted for television by Amazon Prime Video under the title The Terminal List, a series starring Chris Pratt.
How to read the Jack Carr Books in Order?
The Terminal List series is also called the James Reece series.
James Reece: The Terminal List Series
Every book in the Jack Reece series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other. Following is the chronological order of the series (the same as the publication order) with the official summary for each book:
- The Terminal List – On his last combat deployment, Lieutenant Commander James Reece’s entire team was killed in a catastrophic ambush. But when those dearest to him are murdered on the day of his homecoming, Reece discovers that this was not an act of war by a foreign enemy but a conspiracy that runs to the highest levels of government. Now, with no family and free from the military’s command structure, Reece applies the lessons that he’s learned in over a decade of constant warfare toward avenging the deaths of his family and teammates.
- True Believer – When a string of horrific terrorist attacks plagues the Western world during the holiday season, the broader markets fall into a tailspin. The attacks are being coordinated by a shadowy former Iraqi commando who has disappeared into Europe’s underground. The United States government has an asset who can turn the Iraqi against his masters: James Reece, the most-wanted domestic terrorist alive.
- Savage Son – Half a world away, James Reece is recovering from brain surgery in the Montana wilderness, slowly putting his life back together with the help of investigative journalist Katie Buranek and his longtime friend and SEAL teammate Raife Hastings. Unbeknownst to them, the Russian mafia has set their sights on Reece in a deadly game of cat and mouse.
- The Devil’s Hand – Halfway across the globe a regional superpower struggles with sanctions imposed by the United States and her European allies, a country whose ancient religion spawned a group of ruthless assassins. Faced with internal dissent and extrajudicial targeted killings by the United States and Israel, the Supreme Leader puts a plan in motion to defeat the most powerful nation on earth. Meanwhile, a young Ph.D. student has gained access to a bioweapon thought to be confined to a classified military laboratory known only to a select number of officials. A second-generation agent, he has been assigned a mission that will bring his adopted homeland to its knees.
- In the Blood – A woman boards a plane in the African country of Burkina Faso has just completed a targeted assassination for the state of Israel. Two minutes later, her plane is blown out of the sky. Over 6,000 miles away, James Reece watches the names and pictures of the victims on cable news. One face triggers a distant memory of a Mossad operative attached to the CIA years earlier in Iraq-a woman with ties to the intelligence services of two nations…a woman Reece thought he would never see again. Reece enlists friends new and old across the globe to track down her killer, unaware that he may be walking into a deadly trap.
- Only the Dead – In 1980, a freshman congressman was gunned down in Rhode Island, sending shockwaves through Washington that are still reverberating over four decades later. Now, with the world on the brink of war and a weakened United States facing rampant inflation, political division, and shocking assassinations, a secret cabal of global elites is ready to assume control. And with the world’s most dangerous man locked in solitary confinement, the conspirators believe the final obstacle to complete domination has been eliminated. They’re wrong.