Now a Disney+ TV Show!
What is the The Mysterious Benedict Society series about?
Coming from American author Trenton Lee Stewart, the The Mysterious Benedict Society series is a children book series.
The story is about the adventures of four young children, Reynie Muldoon, George “Sticky” Washington, Kate Wetherall, and Constance Contraire, who are each gifted in different areas. But they have one thing in common: they are either orphans or unwanted by their parents. The strange Nicholas Benedict recruit them to accomplish missions only children can do.
The Mysterious Benedict Society Books in Order:
- The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict– A Prequel book originally published before book 4. Nine-year-old Nicholas Benedict has more problems than most children his age. Not only is he an orphan with an unfortunate nose, but he also has narcolepsy, a condition that gives him terrible nightmares and makes him fall asleep at the worst possible moments. Now he’s being sent to a new orphanage, where he will encounter vicious bullies, selfish adults, strange circumstances — and a mystery that could change his life forever. Luckily, he has one important thing in his favor: He’s a genius.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society – Dozens of children respond to this peculiar ad in the newspaper and are then put through a series of mind-bending tests. (And you, dear listener, can test your wits right alongside them.) Only four children – Reynie, Kate, Sticky, and Constance – succeed. Their challenge: to go on a secret mission that only the most intelligent and inventive children could complete. To accomplish it, they will have to go undercover at the Learning Institute for the Very Enlightened, where the only rule is that there are no rules. But what they’ll find in the hidden labyrinth of the school’s underground tunnels is more than your average school supplies.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey – The Mysterious Benedict Society is up against a new mission, significantly closer to home. After reuniting for a celebratory scavenger hunt, Reynie, Kate, Sticky, and Constance are forced to go on an unexpected search–a search to find Mr. Benedict. It seems that while he was preparing the kids’ adventure, he stepped right into a trap orchestrated by his evil twin Mr. Curtain.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma – Reynie, Kate, Sticky, and Constance embark on a daring new adventure that threatens to force them apart from their families, friends, and even each other. When an unexplained blackout engulfs Stonetown, the foursome must unravel clues relating to a nefarious new plot, while their search for answers brings them closer to danger than ever before.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Riddle of Ages – Some time has passed since the inimitable quartet of Reynie, Sticky, Kate, and Constance have had a mission together. But with the arrival of a new Society member — and a new threat — they must reunite to face dilemmas more dangerous than ever before, including the villainous Mr. Curtain and a telepathic enemy tracking their every move, not to mention a dramatically preteen Constance.
- Mr. Benedict’s Book of Perplexing Puzzles, Elusive Enigmas, and Curious Conundrums – With full-color artwork throughout, this companion features ingenious new puzzles, riddles, and brainteasers compiled by Mr. Benedict himself, with the help of Reynie, Kate, Sticky, Constance, and other Society associates. Think you have what it takes to join the Mysterious Benedict Society? Open this book and find out!