Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
By the writer of The Old Kingdom series.
What is The Seventh Tower about?
Written by Garth Nix, The Seventh Tower series is the result of a joint partnership between Scholastic and LucasFilm. The series follows two children from distinctly different societies in a world blocked from the sun by a magical Veil that leaves the world in complete darkness.
Tal is a Chosen from the Castle, and Milla is an Icecarl from the Ice. Together they discover that an evil, long thought to have vanished, once more threatens their world, slowly and secretly letting its presence be felt.
A pact was broken, and a war dormant for two thousand years is rekindling. Danger looms, and it is up to these two children and a small band of unlikely heroes to save their Dark World.
How to read The Seventh Tower Books in Order?
- The Fall – Tal is getting ready for the Day of Ascension — a day when all the 13-year-old Chosen from the Castle of Seven Towers enter the spirit world of Aenir. Then his father disappears with the family’s Primary Sunstone. Without it, Tal cannot enter Aenir and bind himself to a Spiritshadow. Tal tries to steal a Sunstone, but during his act of thievery is thrown off the Castle of Seven Towers by a powerful Spiritshadow Keeper. He falls down to the iceworld below, where he is captured by Icecarls. To save his life, he must team up with Milla — a Shield-Maiden-in-training — and offer his aid to the nomads.
- Castle – Tal, a Chosen, and Milla, an Icecarl, have been thrown together on a dangerous quest to gain a Sunstone. They must reach the Castle of the Seven Towers, home for Tal, but a dangerous and strange place for Milla. From the deadly Hall of Nightmares to the magical chambers of Tal’s great-uncle Ebbitt, they must navigate the Castle without being discovered. Sinister forces are conspiring against them and it will take all their strength just to survive!
- Aenir – The dream world Aenir is not a safe place. One wrong step can lead to danger, entrapment or death. Tal and Milla must fight their way through this shifting landscape. They are searching for the Codex, a magical object that will decide the fate of their worlds. Many creatures stand in their way and Tal and Milla cannot leave Aenir without the Codex. But finding it might endanger them more than they’ve ever dreamed…
- Above the Veil – Tal and Milla are no longer alone in their quest for the truth about their world. They have been joined by Crow, a rebel Underfolk, and his band of conspirators. They know many secrets about the Castle–and are on the verge of uncovering the greatest secret of all. The darkness is growing deeper. The shadows are growing stronger. And Tal and Milla are in greater danger than ever before.
- Into Battle – The Dark World is in danger, for the Veil is vulnerable. War is soon to come. On one side are Tal and the Underfolk rebels, struggling valiantly for freedom. On another side are Milla and the Icecarls, preparing to assault the Castle in order to preserve their world. And on a third side lies the most sinister force of all, a force of such power that it could unleash the ultimate destruction.
- The Violet Keystone – Tal and Milla are only one step away from death. Evil is only one step away from triumph. An old war is made new again. The ultimate power is up for grabs. As shadows rage, ancient spells return, illusion reigns and corruption threatens. The search for hope is the bravest quest. The Seventh Tower is the key to it all.
What should you read if you like The Seventh Tower novels?
If you like reading Garth Nix’s The Seventh Tower series, you may be interested in Garth Nix’s Keys to the Kingdom series, The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud, The Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell, and the Narnia books by C.S. Lewis
Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.