Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
All of Mark Greaney’s Books in Order!
Who is Mark Greaney?
American novelist Mark Greaney made a name as a writer by working with Tom Clancy on the Jack Ryan (jr) book series. Greaney was a fan of Clancy and got selected as one of the new co-writer on the series at the beginning of the 2010s.
Of course, Mark Greaney also writes his own book series with the Gray Man series about Court Gentry, a freelance assassin and former CIA operative. As it is explained on the author’s website, “in his research for the novels he has traveled to dozens of countries, visited the Pentagon, military bases, and many Washington, D.C. Intelligence agencies, and trained in the use of firearms, battlefield medicine, and close-range combative tactics.”
A feature film adaptation of The Gray Man is in production at Netflix, with Ryan Gosling in the title role. Mark Greaney’s books are published in nearly two dozen languages and are also available as audiobooks.
How to read Mark Greaney’s Books in Order?
The Court Gentry/Gray Man Series
The series focuses on Court Gentry. A few years ago, he was the CIA’s best covert asset. Then, without warning, his masters at the Agency put him at the top of their kill list. Court fled his country and became an enigmatic killer for hire known as the Gray Man. For more information, go to the main article about the Gray Man books.
- The Gray Man (2009)
- On Target (2010)
- Ballistic (2011)
- Dead Eye (2013)
- Back Blast (2016)
- Gunmetal Gray (2017)
- Agent In Place (2018)
- Mission Critical (2019)
- One Minute Out (2020)
- Relentless (2021)
- Sierra Six (2022)
- Burner (2023)
Jack Ryan Books by Mark Greaney
No one needs an introduction less than Jack Ryan. Created by Tom Clancy, Ryan conquered the bookshelves, the cinemas, and the TV screens. At one point though, Clancy needed help to continue writing books and Mark Greany got the job (after Grant Blackwood and Peter Telep, and before Mike Maden and Marc Cameron).
This list is only about Mark Greaney’s contribution to the Ryanverse. For the complete reading order, go to our Jack Ryan Reading Guide.
- Locked On(with Tom Clancy, 2011)
- Threat Vector (with Tom Clancy, 2012)
- Command Authority (with Tom Clancy, 2013)
- Support and Defend (2014)
- Full Force and Effect (2014)
- Commander in Chief (2015)
- True Faith and Allegiance (2016)
Standalone novels by Mark Greaney
- Red Metal (with Lieutenant Colonel H. Ripley Rawlings IV) (2019) – A desperate Kremlin takes advantage of a military crisis in Asia to simultaneously strike into Western Europe and invade east Africa in a bid to occupy three rare Earth mineral mines that will give Russia unprecedented control over the world’s hi-tech sector for generations to come. Pitted against the Russians are a Marine lieutenant colonel pulled out of a cushy Pentagon job, a French Special Forces captain and his intelligence operative father, a young Polish partisan fighter, an A-10 Warthog pilot, and the commander of an American tank platoon who, along with his German counterpart, fight from behind enemy lines.
- Armored (2022) – Joshua Duffy is a Close Protection Agent—a professional bodyguard—and he’s one of the world’s elite operatives. That is, he was until his last mission in Lebanon. Against all odds, Josh got his primary out alive, but the cost was high. Josh lost his lower left leg. There’s not much call for an elite bodyguard with such an injury. So, Josh has to support his family working as a mall cop in New Jersey. For a man like Josh, this is purgatory on earth, but miracles can occur even in Paramus. A lucky run-in with an old comrade promises to get Josh back in the field for one last job. The UN is sending a peace mission into the Sierra Madre mountains in Mexico, an area so dangerous it’s known as Espinazo del Diablo—the Devil’s Spine. Only a fool would think they could broker peace between the homicidal drug cartels in the region, and only a madman would sign on to keep those fools alive.
If you like our article about Mark Greaney Books in Order, you may also want to see our Jack Ryan reading order, of course, or our guide to Marc Cameron’s Jericho Quinn series. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.