Scot Harvath is an ex-Navy SEAL Secret Service agent, but first, he is the main character in the books written by Brad Thor. Mostly, Scot Harvath is a man dedicated to his country. After some hesitations, he became a Navy SEAL like his father before him. After a few years, he decided to leave the military to take a position with the Secret Service and ended up guarding the First Family. His career evolved during the series, but this is where he was when the series began.
How to read the Scot Harvarth books in order?
For the Scot Harvath series, the publication order is the same as the chronological order. It’s relatively easy to follow, but there are some short stories in the middle.
- The Lions of Lucerne – The President of the United States has been kidnapped and his Secret Service detail massacred. Only one agent has survived-ex-Navy SEAL Scot Harvath. He doesn’t buy the official line that Middle Eastern terrorists are behind the attack and begins his own campaign to find the truth and exact revenge.
- Path of the Assassin – After rescuing the President, Scot Harvath shifts his attention to rooting out, capturing, or killing all those responsible for the plot. As he prepares to close out his list, a bloody and twisted trail of clues points toward one man-the world’s most ruthless terrorist. One problem remains: Harvath and his CIA-led team have no idea what the man looks like.
- State of the Union – America’s worst nightmare has just become a brutal reality. The most unlikely terrorist enemy of all now holds a knife against the country’s throat. The president calls upon Scot Harvath to disable a brilliantly orchestrated conspiracy intended to bring the United States to its knees.
- Blowback – Scot Harvath’s counterterrorism career has just crashed and burned–thanks in part to a ruthless senator with her sights set on the White House. But when the war on terror takes a chilling turn, the president has no choice but to secretly bring Harvath back inside.
- Takedown – July 4th weekend, New York City: As thousands of holiday travelers make their way out of Manhattan, a flawlessly executed terrorist attack plunges the city into a maelstrom of panic and death. Counterterrorism operative Scot Harvath must fight his way through the burning city streets to take down an invisible terrorist mastermind with the means to unleash hell on a global scale.
- The First Commandment – When the president of the United States is blackmailed into releasing five detainees from Guantanamo Bay, a sadistic assassin with a vendetta years in the making is reactivated. Suddenly, the people closest to counterterrorism operative Scot Harvath are being targeted and he realizes that somehow, somewhere he has left the wrong person alive.
- The Last Patriot – When a car bomb explodes outside a Parisian café, Scot Harvath is thrust back into the life he has tried so desperately to leave behind. Saving the intended victim of the attack, Harvath becomes party to a perilous race to uncover a secret so powerful that militant Islam could be defeated once and for all.
- The Apostle – A new administration and a new approach to dealing with America’s enemies have left covert counterterrorism operative Scot Harvath without a job. But when American doctor Julia Gallo is kidnapped in Afghanistan, the terms of her ransom leave the president with only one course of action.
- Foreign Influence – When a bombing in Rome kills a group of American college students, the evidence points to a dangerous colleague from Harvath’s past. Tasked with leveraging this relationship to lure the man out of hiding, Harvath must destroy him. But what if it is the wrong man?
- The Athena Project – Part of a top-secret, all-female program codenamed The Athena Project, four women are about to undertake one of the nation’s deadliest assignments. When a terrorist attack in Rome kills more than twenty Americans, Athena Team members are tasked with hunting down the Venetian arms dealer responsible for providing the explosives. But there is more to the story than anyone knows.
- Full Black – Born in the shadows and kept from heads of state, some missions are so deadly, so sensitive, that they simply don’t exist. When one such mission goes horribly wrong, Scot Harvath can carry out an audacious plan to prevent one of the biggest terrorist threats the United States has ever faced: complete and total collapse.
- Black List – Somewhere deep inside the United States government is a closely guarded list. Members of Congress never get to see it–only the President and a secret team of advisers. Once your name is on the list, it doesn’t come off…until you’re dead. Someone has just added Scot Harvath’s name. Somehow HE must evade the teams dispatched to kill him long enough to untangle who has targeted him and why they want him out of the way.
- Free Fall – The prelude to Hidden Order.
- Hidden Order – The most secretive organization in America operates without any accountability to the American people. Control of this organization has just been lost and the future of the nation is thrust into peril. When the five candidates being considered to head this mysterious agency suddenly go missing, Scot Harvath is summoned to Washington and set loose on the most dangerous chase ever to play out on American soil.
- Epilogue II – A Bonus Chapter to Hidden Order.
- Acts of War – After a CIA agent mysteriously dies overseas, his top asset surfaces with a startling and terrifying claim. There’s just one problem-no one knows if she can be trusted. With the United States facing an imminent and devastating attack, America’s new president must turn to Scot Harvath to help carry out two of the most dangerous operations in the country’s history.
- Code of Conduct – Hidden deep within one of the world’s most powerful organizations is a secret committee with a devastating agenda. Its members are afforded incredible protections-considered elites, untouchables. But when four seconds of video is captured halfway around the world and anonymously transmitted to DC, covert wheels are set in motion, and Scot Harvath is tapped to undertake the deadliest assignment of his career.
- The Athens Solution – When a game-changing weapon falls into the wrong hands, the US Ambassador to Greece must risk everything to recover it, even if it means participating in a ruse that costs his life. With the ambassador dead and the device still at large, Scot Harvath rushes to eliminate a terror cell about to sell the dangerous technology to Iran.
- Foreign Agent – Terrorism in Europe has spun out of control, the CIA needs a very special kind of operative. Scot Harvath has exactly the skills the CIA is looking for and he will provide the CIA and the President, with absolute deniability. But deep within the Russian Caucasus, Moscow also has its own special kind of operative. When a clandestine American operations team is ambushed near Syria, all signs point toward a dangerous informant in Brussels.
- Use of Force – As a storm rages across the Mediterranean Sea, a terrifying distress call is made to the Italian Coast Guard. Days later, a body washes ashore. Identified as a high-value terrorism suspect, his name sends panic through the CIA. Where was he headed? What was he planning? And could he be connected to the “spectacular attack” they have been fearing all summer?
- Spymaster – Across Europe, a secret organization has begun attacking diplomats. Back in the United States, a foreign ally demands the identity of a highly placed covert asset. In the balance hang the ingredients for all-out war. With his mentor out of the game, Scot Harvath must take on the role he has spent his career avoiding. But, as with everything else he does, he intends to rewrite the rules-all of them.
- Backlash – In ancient texts, there are stories about men who struck from the shadows, seemingly beyond the reach of death itself. Today, men like these still strike from the shadows. They are highly prized intelligence agents, military operatives, and assassins. One man is all three. Two days ago, that man was crossed-badly. Now, far from home and surrounded by his enemy, Scot Harvath must battle his way out. But survival isn’t enough. Harvath wants revenge.
- Near Dark – The world’s largest bounty has just been placed upon America’s top spy. His only hope for survival is to outwit, outrun, and outlast his enemies long enough to get to the truth. But for Scot Harvath to accomplish his most dangerous mission ever-one that has already claimed the lives of the people closest to him, including his new wife-he’s going to need help-a lot of it.
- Black Ice – Scot Harvath is having his best summer ever. With a cottage on the fjord, a boat, and his beautiful girlfriend Sølvi, he’s got everything he could possibly want. But out of vacation days and long overdue back home, America’s top spy has a decision to make-return, or submit his resignation. When his deadly past comes calling, though, he’ll be left with no choice at all.
- Rising Tiger (2022) – An unprecedented, potentially nation-ending threat has materialized on the world stage. Though the United States has long been aware of the growing risk, administration after administration has passed the buck, fearful of the global consequences of engaging this enemy head-on. The clock, however, has now run out, and doing nothing is no longer an option. With the stakes higher than they have ever been, it is time to unleash Scot Harvath.
- Dead Fall (2023) – In the war-ravaged borderlands of Ukraine, a Russian military unit has gone rogue. Its members, conscripted from the worst prisons and mental asylums across Russia, are the most criminally violent, psychologically dangerous combatants to ever set foot upon the modern battlefield. When multiple American aid workers are killed, America’s top spy is sent in to settle the score. But in a country almost the size of Texas, will Harvath be able to find the men in question and, more importantly, will he be able to stop them before they can kill again?
If our article about the Scot Harvath Reading Order is useful to you, don’t forget to bookmark it! If you like Scot Harvath, you may also want to read the Jack Ryan books or Vince Flynn’s Mitch Rapp series.