The Sandhamn Murders TV adaptations is quite big here in France, so I thought to look for the books. There will be at least ten, one per year.
What’s the Sandhamn Murders series?
Written by Swedish writer and lawyer Viveca Sten, this series is about murders on the Sandhamn Island, an idyllic vacation island in Sweden.
The books resolve around local police Detective Thomas Andreasson and his childhood friend, the lawyer Nora Linde. They teamed up to solve crime in a scandinoir way.
Sandhamn Murders Books in Order:
- Still Waters— On a hot July morning on Sweden’s idyllic vacation island of Sandhamn, a man takes his dog for a walk and makes a gruesome discovery: a body, tangled in fishing nets, has washed ashore. Police Detective Thomas Andreasson is the first to arrive on the scene. Before long, he has identified the deceased as Krister Berggren, a bachelor from the mainland who has been missing for months. Thomas turns to his childhood friend, local lawyer Nora Linde for help.
- Closed Circles—It’s a beautiful day for a regatta—until one of Sandhamn Island’s most prestigious residents is killed aboard his sailing yacht. Oscar Juliander was a rich lawyer and deputy chairman of the prestigious Royal Swedish Yacht Club. While at first his death seems like a tragic accident, there is evidence of foul play. Police Detective Thomas Andreasson teams up with local lawyer Nora Linde to investigate.
- Guiltless— The island of Sandhamn has always been a haven for lawyer Nora Linde. With trouble brewing in her marriage, she finds its comforts more welcome than ever, even in the depths of winter. That is until her two young sons trip across a severed arm in the woods. The boys’ gruesome discovery will once again connect Nora with her childhood friend Thomas Andreasson, now a local police detective.
- Tonight You’re Dead—Soon to be divorced, attorney Nora Linde is finding her way as a single mother when she’s asked by her childhood friend Detective Thomas Andreasson to help in a disturbing investigation. Marcus Nielsen, a university student, has apparently committed suicide, but it’s what he’s left behind that’s so suspicious and damning: his research into the Coastal Rangers, an elite military group where, in 1976, a young cadet died under questionable circumstances.
- In the Heat of the Moment—Coming Soon … in September 2018.
- In Harm’s Way—and soon after.