From the writers of Kate Daniels series.
What is the Hidden Legacy series about?
Written by Ilona Andrews, Hidden Legacy is an urban fantasy series set in a world much like our own, except over a hundred years ago, several countries developed Osiris Serum, a solution that awakened one’s latent magical powers. Everybody who was willing to risk dying could take that serum, and it gave humans the ability to spit fire and summon monsters. Of course, it had consequences but it was already too late, and the magical powers turned out to be hereditary. The world is now ruled by powerful magical dynasties, who marry for magic, maintain private armies, and own global corporations.
The Baylor family lives in Houston. Three sisters, Nevada, Catalina, Arabella, their two cousins adopted into the family, Bernard and Leon, their veteran mother Penelope, and their Grandma Frida. Together they run Baylor Investigative Agency, except for Grandma Frida who has her own business fixing mobile artillery for the Houston’s magical elite. The Hidden Legacy chronicles their lives, relationship, and adventures.
How to read the Hidden Legacy Books in Order?
- Burn for Me – Nevada Baylor is faced with the most challenging case of her detective career-a suicide mission to bring in a suspect in a volatile situation. Nevada isn’t sure she has the chops. Her quarry is a Prime, the highest rank of magic user, who can set anyone and anything on fire. Then she’s kidnapped by Connor “Mad” Rogan-a darkly tempting billionaire with equally devastating powers. Torn between wanting to run and wanting to surrender to their overwhelming attraction, Nevada must join forces with Rogan to stay alive.
You can also read Rogan’s POV #1 (Which takes place during chapter 4 of Burn From Me) and Rogan’s POV #2 (takes place during chapter 5) on Ilona Andrews’s website.
- White Hot – Nevada Baylor has a unique and secret skill-she knows when people are lying-and she’s used that magic (along with plain, hard work) to keep her colorful and close-knit family’s detective agency afloat. But her new case pits her against the shadowy forces that almost destroyed the city of Houston once before, bringing Nevada back into contact with Connor “Mad” Rogan.
- Wildfire – Nevada Baylor can’t decide which is more frustrating-harnessing her truthseeker abilities or dealing with Connor “Mad” Rogan and their evolving relationship. Yes, the billionaire Prime is helping her navigate the complex magical world in which she’s become a crucial player-and sometimes a pawn-but she also has to deal with his ex-fiancée, whose husband has disappeared, and whose damsel-in-distress act is wearing very, very thin.
You can also read Rogan’s POV #3 (Which takes place during chapters 9-10 of Wildfire) on Ilona Andrews’s website.
- Diamond Fire – Novella. Catalina Baylor is looking forward to wearing her maid of honor dress and watching her older sister walk down the aisle. Then the wedding planner gets escorted off the premises, the bride’s priceless tiara disappears, and Rogan’s extensive family overruns his mother’s home. Someone is cheating, someone is lying, and someone is plotting murder. To make this wedding happen, Catalina will have to do the thing she fears most: use her magic. But she’s a Baylor and there’s nothing she wouldn’t do for her sister’s happiness.
- Sapphire Flames – Catalina Baylor is a Prime, the highest rank of magic user, and the Head of her House. Catalina has always been afraid to use her unique powers, but when her friend’s mother and sister are murdered, Catalina risks her reputation and safety to unravel the mystery. But behind the scenes powerful forces are at work, and one of them is Alessandro Sagredo, the Italian Prime who was once Catalina’s teenage crush. Dangerous and unpredictable, Alessandro’s true motives are unclear, but he’s drawn to Catalina like a moth to a flame.
- Emerald Blaze – When House Baylor is under attack and monsters haunt her every step, Catalina is forced to rely on handsome, dangerous Alessandro Sagredo, the Prime who crushed her heart. The nightmare that Alessandro has fought since childhood has come roaring back to life, but now Catalina is under threat. Not even his lifelong quest for revenge will stop him from keeping her safe, even if every battle could be his last. Because Catalina won’t rest until she stops the use of the illicit, power-granting serum that’s tearing their world apart.
You can read the very short stories A Misunderstanding (A deleted scene from Sapphire Flames) and The Cool Aunt (Takes place at the end of Emerald Blaze) on Ilona Andrews’s website. Both are from Arabella’s point of view.
- Ruby Fever – An escaped spider, the unexpected arrival of an Imperial Russian Prince, the senseless assassination of a powerful figure, a shocking attack on the supposedly invincible Warden of Texas, Catalina’s boss… And it’s only Monday. Within hours, the fate of Houston-not to mention the House of Baylor-now rests on Catalina, who will have to harness her powers as never before. But even with her fellow Prime and fiancé Alessandro Sagredo by her side, she may not be able to expose who’s responsible before all hell really breaks loose.
If you like Hidden Legacy, you may also want to see our Night Huntress reading order, or our guide to Patricia Briggs’s Mercy Thompson series. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.