Last Updated 3 months ago.You can be young and deadly, just ask Celaena Sardothien.
What’s the Throne of Glass Series about?
Written by Sarah J. Maas, the Throne of Glass is a fantasy series that takes us in a land without magic where we follow Celaena Sardothien, an 18-year-old assassin in the kingdom of Adarlan.
After being imprisoned for a year by the king, Celaena Sardothien accepts an offer to compete with other assassins for a chance to serve as the king’s champion and win her freedom. This leads her to great and dangerous adventures, world-shattering revelations and more.
Throne of Glass Series in Order:
- The Assassin’s Blade – A collection of prequel stories, including four novellas: The Assassin and the Pirate Lord, The Assassin and the Healer, The Assassin and the Desert, The Assassin and the Underworld, The Assassin and the Empire.
- Throne of Glass – In a land without magic, where the king rules with an iron hand, an assassin is summoned to the castle. She comes not to kill the king, but to win her freedom. If she defeats twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition, she is released from prison to serve as the king’s champion. Her name is Celaena Sardothien.
- Crown of Midnight – Celaena Sardothien is the king’s Champion-yet she is far from loyal to the crown, for the man she serves is bent on evil. But working against her master in secret is no easy task. As Celaena tries to untangle the mysteries buried within the glass castle, she can trust no one. Then, an unspeakable tragedy shatters Celaena’s world. She must decide once and for all where her loyalties lie…
- Heir of Fire – Celaena has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak-but at an unspeakable cost. Now, she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth …a truth about her heritage that could change her life – and her future – forever.
- Queen of Shadows – Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she’s at last returned to the empire-for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past… She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.
- Empire of Storms – The long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius. With her heart sworn to the warrior-prince by her side, and her fealty pledged to the people she is determined to save, Aelin will delve into the depths of her power to protect those she loves.
- Tower of Dawn – Chaol Westfall has always defined himself by his unwavering loyalty, his strength, and his position as the Captain of the Guard. But all of that has changed since the glass castle shattered. His only shot at recovery lies with the legendary healers of the Torre Cesme in Antica. And with war looming over Dorian and Aelin back home, their survival might lie with Chaol and Nesryn convincing its rulers to ally with them.
- Kingdom of Ash – Aelin has risked everything to save her people―but at a tremendous cost. Locked within an iron coffin by the Queen of the Fae, Aelin must draw upon her fiery will as she endures months of torture. Aware that yielding to Maeve will doom those she loves keeps her from breaking, though her resolve begins to unravel with each passing day… With Aelin captured, Aedion and Lysandra remain the last line of defense to protect Terrasen from utter destruction.
You can buy the complete Throne of Glass series in this 8-book hardcover box set, complete with an exclusive poster. Also available in paperback.
If you like Throne of Glass, you may also want to see our Marissa Meyer reading order, or our guide to Victoria Aveyard’s Red Queen series. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.