All of the books!
Who is Sarah J. Maas?
Born on March 5, 1986 in New York City, New York, Sarah J. Maas is an American fantasy author. Maas began writing what would become her debut novel, Throne of Glass, when she was sixteen years old, and it has now sold in thirty-five languages.
Since then, Sarah J. Maas became a New York Times bestselling author with the Throne of Glass series and A Court of Thorns and Roses series, as well as a USA Today and international bestselling author.
Sarah J. Maas Books in Order:
You’ll find all of her novels here, series and stand alone.
I. Throne of Glass
You can find a full reading order for the Throne of Glass series here.
This is the story of Celaena Sardothien, an 18-year-old assassin in the Kingdom of Adarlan. After a year of suffering for her crimes in a slave camp called Endovier, she accepts the offer of Crown Prince Dorian, the King’s son, to compete with other assassins and thieves for a chance to serve as the King’s Champion, and eventually gain her freedom after four years in the King’s service.
- The Assassin’s Blade
- Throne of Glass
- Crown of Midnight
- Heir of Fire
- Queen of Shadows
- Empire of Storms
- Tower of Dawn
- Kingdom of Ash
You can also find the 8 novels in one boxset.
II. A Court of Thorns and Roses
The story follows the journey of the tale of Feyre, as she is brought into the faerie lands of Prythian, after murdering a faerie.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses – Nineteen-year-old Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, and a beast-like creature demands punishment for it. She is taken to the land of the faeries, her captor, Tamlin, who is an immortal faerie himself. She comes to live with him at his estate. He is a High Lord of Prythian, and Feyre begins to realize that what she has previously learnt about the dangerous world of the faeries is all a lie.
- A Court of Mist and Fury – Feyre has survived the trials of Amarantha and has become a High Fae, but she still remains human inside, and has to come to terms with the awful acts she performed to save Tamlin’s people. To save his people and herself, Feyre had to make a deal with Rhysand, the High Lord of the Night Court, and she has to satisfy it.
- A Court of Wings and Ruin – Feyre returns to the Spring Court and Tamlin to spy on him, as well as the King of Hybern and his invading forces that want to take over Prythian. But to do so, she has to play a game of deceit and lie to those closest to her to get what she needs. As war surrounds her and her allies, Feyre needs to decide whom she can trust when it comes to the High Lords of Prythians, her family, and her closest friends.
- A Court of Frost and Starlight – novella. Months after the war for Prythian has ended, Feyre, Rhysand and their friends rebuild the Night Court after the attack from Hybern. Winter Solstice is approaching, and the court prepares for the festive season. As Feyre continues to get used to her role as High Lady of the Night Court, she must navigate around the scars that the war has brought upon them all.
- A Court of Silver Flames – Ever since being forced into the Cauldron and becoming High Fae against her will, Nesta Archeron has struggled to find a place for herself within the strange, deadly world she inhabits. The one person who ignites her temper more than any other is Cassian, the battle-scarred warrior whose position in Rhysand and Feyre’s Night Court keeps him constantly in Nesta’s orbit. Meanwhile, the treacherous human queens who returned to the Continent during the last war have forged a dangerous new alliance, threatening the fragile peace that has settled over the realms. And the key to halting them might very well rely on Cassian and Nesta facing their haunting pasts.
III. Crescent City
The story follows Bryce Quinlan, half-Fae and half-human, as she seeks revenge in a contemporary fantasy world of magic, danger, and searing romance.
- House of Earth and Blood – Bryce Quinlan had the perfect life—working hard all day and partying all night—until a demon murdered her closest friends, leaving her bereft, wounded, and alone. When the accused is behind bars but the crimes start up again, Bryce finds herself at the heart of the investigation. She’ll do whatever it takes to avenge their deaths.
- House of Sky and Breath (coming soon) – Bryce Quinlan and Hunt Athalar are trying to get back to normal―they may have saved Crescent City, but with so much upheaval in their lives lately, they mostly want a chance to relax. Slow down. Figure out what the future holds.
- Catwoman: Soulstealer – A coming-of-age Selina Kyle story. Selina is playing a desperate game of cat and mouse, forming unexpected friendships and entangling herself with Batwing by night and her devilishly handsome neighbor Luke Fox by day. But with a dangerous threat from the past on her tail, will she be able to pull off the heist that’s closest to her heart?
If you like Sarah J. Maas, you may also want to see our Holly Black reading order, or our guide to Victoria Aveyard’s Red Queen series. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.