When the world is divided by blood…
What is the Red Queen series about?
Written by American author Victoria Aveyard, Red Queen is a popular young adult fantasy series set in a world is divided by blood.
The story centers on Mare Barrow whose blood is red, like the one of the common folk. But Mare is an anomaly, she has Silver ability-the power to control lightning. When she ends up in front of the Silver court, she must play a role she was not prepared for.
Red Queen Books in Order:
I. The Main series
- Red Queen – Mare Barrow’s world is divided by blood—those with common, Red blood serve the Silver-blooded elite, who are gifted with superhuman abilities. Mare is a Red, scraping by as a thief in a poor, rural village, until a twist of fate throws her in front of the Silver court. Before the king, princes, and all the nobles, she discovers she has an ability of her own. To cover up this impossibility, the king forces her to play the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons…
- Glass Sword – As Mare Barrow makes her escape from Maven, the prince—the friend—who betrayed her, Mare uncovers something startling: she is not the only one of her kind. Pursued by Maven, now a vindictive king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Red-and-Silver fighters to join in the struggle against her oppressors. But Mare finds herself on a deadly path, at risk of becoming exactly the kind of monster she is trying to defeat.
- King’s Cage – Mare Barrow is a prisoner, powerless without her lightning, tormented by her lethal mistakes. She lives at the mercy of a boy she once loved, a boy made of lies and betrayal. Now a king, Maven Calore continues weaving his dead mother’s web in an attempt to maintain control over his country—and his prisoner. As Mare bears the weight of Silent Stone in the palace, her once-ragtag band of newbloods and Reds continue organizing, training, and expanding. They prepare for war, no longer able to linger in the shadows.
- War Storm – Mare Barrow learned this all too well when Cal’s betrayal nearly destroyed her. Now determined to protect her heart—and secure freedom for Reds and newbloods like her—Mare resolves to overthrow the kingdom of Norta once and for all . . . starting with the crown on Maven’s head. But no battle is won alone, and before the Reds may rise as one, Mare must side with the boy who broke her heart in order to defeat the boy who almost broke her.
All the four books from the main Victoria Aveyard’s Red Queen series, not the novellas, are now collected in one box set.
II. With The Novellas
- Queen Song (novella) – Collected in Broken Throne and in Cruel Crown. Queen Coriane, first wife of King Tiberias, keeps a secret diary—how else can she ensure that no one at the palace will use her thoughts against her? Coriane recounts her heady courtship with the crown prince, the birth of a new prince, Cal, and the potentially deadly challenges that lay ahead for her in royal life.
- Steel Scars (novella) -Also collected in Broken Throne and in Cruel Crown. Captain Farley exchanges coded transmissions with the resistance as she travels the land recruiting black market traders, smugglers, and extremists for her first attempt at an attack on the capital. She was raised to be strong, but planting the seeds of rebellion in Norta is a tougher job than expected—until she stumbles upon a connection that may prove to be the key to the entire operation: Mare Barrow.
- Red Queen
- Glass Sword
- King’s Cage
- War Storm
- Broken Throne (novella) – Broken Throne features three brand-new novellas, two previously published novellas, Steel Scars and Queen Song – alongside never-before-seen maps, flags, family trees, bonus scenes, journal entries, and much more exclusive content.