You don’t need to be a detective to solve mysteries, ask Harlan Coben’s Myron Bolitar.
Who is Myron Bolitar?
Created by mystery novelist Harlan Coben, Myron Bolitar is an ex-basketball player. He currently works as a sports agent, being also the owner of MB SportReps, an agency representing sports stars and celebrities.
Myron Bolitar is a good agent, and that’s why he ended up becoming an accidental detective – with the help of his best friend, Windsor Horne Lockwood III (aka Win), the owner of Lock-Horne Investments & Securities.
Myron Bolitar Books in Order:
You’ll find the reading order for the spin-off series Mickey Bolitar at the end.
- Deal Breaker – Sports agent Myron Bolitar is poised on the edge of the big time. So is Christian Steele, a rookie quarterback and Myron’s prized client. But when Christian gets a phone call from a former girlfriend – a woman who everyone believes is dead – the deal starts to go sour.
- Drop Shot – Once, Valerie Simpson’s tennis career skyrocketed; now, the headlines belong to a player from the wrong side of the tracks. But when Valerie is shot dead in cold blood, sports agent Myron Bolitar investigates the killing and uncovers a connection with a six-year-old murder.
- Fade Away – For Myron Bolitar, the disappearance of a man he once competed against is bringing back memories. Now, among the stars, the wannabes, the gamblers, and the groupies, Myron is embarking upon the strange ride of a sports hero gone wrong.
- Back Spin – Kidnappers have snatched the teenage son of super-star golfer Linda Coldren and her husband, Jack, an aging pro, at the height of the U.S. Open. To help get the boy back, sports agent Myron Bolitar goes charging after clues and suspects.
- One False Move – As a big-time New York sports agent, Myron has a professional interest in Brenda. Then a personal one. But between them isn’t just the difference in their backgrounds or the color of their skin. Between them is a chasm of corruption and lies, a vicious young mafioso on the make, and one secret that some people are dying to keep.
- The Final Detail – Myron Bolitar’s colleague at MB SportsReps, Esperanza, has been arrested for the murder of a client. Myron is determined to prove Esperanza’s innocence – even if she won’t speak to him on the advice of her lawyer, who warns Myron to keep away from both the case and his client.
- Darkest Fear – A surprise visit from an ex-girlfriend is unsettling enough. But Emily Downing’s news brings Myron to his knees. Her son Jeremy is dying and needs a bone marrow transplant from a donor who has vanished without a trace. Then comes the real shocker: Jeremy is Myron’s son.
- Promise Me – As the school year winds down, Myron Bolitar is determined to help keep his friends’ children safe from the dangers of drinking and driving. So he makes two neighborhood girls promise him that if they are ever in a bind but are afraid to call their parents, they must call him. Several nights later, the call comes at two a.m.
- Long Lost – With an early morning phone call, an old flame wakes Myron Bolitar from sleep. Terese Collins is in Paris, and she needs his help. In her debt, Myron makes the trip, and learns of a decade-long secret: Terese once had a daughter who died in a car accident. Now it seems as though that daughter may be alive.
- Live Wire – When former tennis star Suzze T and her rock star husband, Lex, encounter an anonymous Facebook post questioning the paternity of their unborn child, Lex runs off. Suzze, who is eight months pregnant, asks their agent, Myron Bolitar, to save her marriage – and perhaps her husband’s life. This is where the Mickey Bolitar series starts.
- Home – A decade ago, kidnappers grabbed two boys from wealthy families and demanded ransom, then went silent. For ten years their families have been left with nothing but painful memories and a quiet desperation for the day that has finally, miraculously arrived: Myron Bolitar and his friend Win believe they have located one of the boys, now a teenager.
Also, there’s a short story called ‘The Rise and Fall of Super D’. You can find it in another Coben novel, The Innocent. Published after Darkest Fear.
Mickey Bolitar Books in Order:
This is a spin-off series about Myron 15-year-old nephew, Mickey Bolitar. It’s a young adult series, using as background the American school life and adolescence generally. Also Myron appeared in all three books.
If you are interested in these books, you can read them between ‘Live Wire’ and ‘Home’.
- Shelter – After witnessing his father’s death and sending his mom to rehab, Mickey Bolitar is forced to live with his uncle Myron and switch high schools. Fortunately, he’s met a great girl, Ashley, and it seems like things might finally be improving. But then Ashley vanishes.
- Seconds Away – When tragedy strikes close to home, Mickey Bolitar and his loyal new friends find themselves at the center of a terrifying mystery involving the shooting of their friend Rachel.
- Found – As mysterious clues continue to surface, Mickey is determined to uncover the truth about his father’s death. Was it accidental? Murder? Or is he in fact still alive? With the help of his Uncle Myron and loyal friends, Spoon and Ema, Mickey unravels the mysteries of the Abeona Shelter and the elusive ‘Butcher of Lodz’ l.