Coming from British novelist Jeffrey Archer (author of the Clifton Chronicles), the William Warwick series follows the life and career of William Warwick, a determined and ambitious police officer.
He is a detective constable and rises through the ranks in the London Metropolitan Police, taking on new cases and navigating the challenges of law enforcement, delving into the complexities of crime-solving.
How To Read The William Warwick Series in Order?
Each installment in The William Warwick book series may have its own central storyline and conflict while still featuring an overarching narrative that spans the entire series, they are designed in a way that allows each book to be somewhat independent.
- Nothing Ventured (2019) – William Warwick has always wanted to be a detective, and decides, much to his father’s dismay, that rather than become a barrister like his father, Sir Julian Warwick QC, and his sister Grace, he will join London’s Metropolitan Police Force…
- Hidden in Plain Sight (2020) – Newly promoted, Detective Sergeant William Warwick has been reassigned to the drugs squad. His first case: to investigate a notorious south London drug lord known as the Viper.
- Turn a Blind Eye (2021) – William Warwick, now a Detective Inspector, is tasked with a dangerous new line of work, to go undercover and expose crime of another kind: corruption at the heart of the Metropolitan Police Force.
- Over My Dead Body (2021) – On a luxury liner en route to New York, the battle for power within a wealthy dynasty is about to turn to murder. And at the heart of all three investigations are Detective Chief Inspector William Warwick, rising star of the Met, and ex-undercover operative Ross Hogan, brought in from the cold.
- Next in Line (2022) – London, 1988. Royal fever sweeps the nation as Britain falls in love with the ‘people’s princess’. Which means for Scotland Yard, the focus is on the elite Royalty Protection Command, and its commanding officer. Entrusted with protecting the most famous family on earth, they quite simply have to be the best. A weak link could spell disaster. Detective Chief Inspector William Warwick and his Scotland Yard squad are sent in to investigate the team.
- Traitors Gate (2023) – The Tower of London is well protected. Home to the most valuable jewels on earth. But once a year, the Metropolitan Police must execute the most secret operation in their armory when they transport the Crown Jewels across London. For four years, Chief Superintendent William Warwick – together with his second-in-command Inspector Ross Hogan – has been in charge of the operation. And for four years it’s run like clockwork. But this year, everything is about to change. Because master criminal Miles Faulkner has set his heart on pulling off the most outrageous theft in history – and with a man on the inside, the odds are in his favor. Unless Warwick and Hogan can stop him before it’s too late…
If you like our article about reading the William Warwick books in order, don’t forget to bookmark it! You may also be interested in more novels by Jeffrey Archer or maybe try some by Daniel Silva, Michael Connelly, or John Sandford.