Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
Did you know that Christopher Greyson’s Wife, Katherine Greyson, is also a writer?
What is the Jack Stratton series about?
Written by American author Christopher Greyson, the Jack Stratton series is a mystery series.
Product of the child welfare services system since the age of 7, Jack Stratton is now a police officer and mostly a hero with a heart of gold (and a dark past) in the sleepy community of Darrington.
With the help of his sidekick Alice (a.k.a. Remplacement), Jack investigates murders and catches killers.
How to read the Jack Stratton Books in Order?
Every book in the Jack Stratton series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- And Then She Was Gone – This is a prequel, not the first book published, but a good place to start anyway. Jack Stratton was raised in a whorehouse by his prostitute mother. Jack seemed destined to become another statistic. Determined to escape his past, he’s headed for a career in law enforcement. When his foster mother asks him to look into the girl’s disappearance, Jack quickly gets drawn into a baffling mystery.
- Girl Jacked – When Jack Stratton hears the news that his foster-sister Michelle is missing, it cuts straight to his core. The police think she just took off, but Jack knows Michelle would never leave her loved ones behind–like he did. Forced to confront the demons from his past, Jack must take action, find Michelle and bring her home… or die trying.
- Jack Knifed – Constant nightmares have forced Jack Stratton to seek answers about his rough childhood and the dark secrets hidden there. With Alice (aka Replacement) by his side, Jack travels to Hope Falls to solve a murder that occurred before he was born. Everyone in the small town remembers the unsolved murder of Steven Ritter, but after 27 years, no one thought that someone would look into it–but they don’t know Jack.
- Jacks are Wild – When his old flame disappears, no one thinks it’s suspicious except Jack Stratton and one unbalanced witness. Jack knows that Marisa has a past, and if it ever caught up with her–it would be deadly. Determined to listen to his instincts, he and his sidekick Alice plunge ahead and start tracking down leads, hoping to find Marisa in time.
- Jack and the Giant Killer – While recovering from a gunshot wound and the loss of his job on the police force, Jack’s romance with Alice continues to develop. When Alice gets a seemingly harmless private investigation job–locate the owner of a lost dog–Jack grudgingly assists. Little do they know it will place them both in the crosshairs of a merciless serial killer.
- Data Jack – Jack Stratton is broke, kicked off the force, and his new bounty hunting business has slowed to a trickle. He thinks things are turning around when Alice gets a lucrative job setting up a home data network. That is, until he discovers it’s for a jet-setting software tycoon. Jealous, Jack thinks life can’t get any worse, but when the computer program the CEO invented becomes the key tool in an international data heist, things turn deadly.
- Jack of Hearts – When his mother and the members of her neighborhood book club ask him to catch the “Orange Blossom Cove Bandit,” a small-time thief who’s stealing garden gnomes and peace of mind from their quiet retirement community, how can Jack Stratton refuse? The peculiar mystery proves to be more than it appears, and things take a deadly turn.
- Jack Frost – Jack Stratton and Alice investigate the suspicious death of a soundman on the hit TV show Planet Survival. While Alice researches the incident from home in Darrington, Jack goes undercover as a security agent where the show is filming on nearby Mount Minuit. Soon trapped on the treacherous peak by a blizzard, the mysterious killer continues to stalk the cast and crew of Planet Survival.
- Jack of Diamonds – All Jack Stratton wants to do is get married to the woman he loves—and make it through the wedding. It seems like he is finally getting his wish until he responds to a police distress call and discovers his old partner unconscious in an abandoned house. Investigators insist it was just an accident, but Jack fears there may be more to it. Sketches of women cover the walls, and among them is one sketch that makes Jack’s blood run cold—a sketch of Alice, pinned up beside an invitation to a very special wedding—his own.
- Captain Jack – Looking forward to some fun in the surf and sand, newlyweds Jack and Alice Stratton are determined not to let something like a hurricane upset their honeymoon plans. But the storm’s winds and churning tides unearthed a secret long hidden beneath the turquoise waters of the island paradise. A tour boat captain discovers a lost submarine and offers to sell its location to a man known only as the Dyab—the Devil. When the captain is murdered, the police suspect Jack and Alice and confiscate their passports.
- Jack of Spades – When a distraught man calls 911 to report a murder that hasn’t even happened, police think it’s a hoax or a crackpot until the caller turns out to be a highly respected Doctor. After his warning comes violently true, the killing thrusts Jack Stratton into his first official case as a new detective. Money, sex, and drugs are all motives. Still, these aren’t your usual suspects: a tenured professor, a tech CEO, a mathematical genius, and a convicted felon have a million reasons to kill, but who did it? Can Jack follow the trail of victims and catch the mastermind, or will his first case be his last?
If you like our article about the Jack Stratton series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!