For those who like a bit of romance in their crime stories.
Who Sharpe and Donovan are?
Written by New Englander author Carla Neggers, the Sharpe and Donovan series is about crime fighters in love, and art. So, some mysteries with a dash of romance.
More precisely, the series follows FBI art crimes expert Emma Sharpe, granddaughter of world-renowned art detective Wendell Sharpe, and FBI deep-cover agent Colin Donovan as they investigate murder and art-related crimes and fall in love.
Sharpe and Donovan Books in Order:
- Rock Point – A Prequel short story. Finian Bracken is recently out of seminary and leaving Ireland to serve a small parish in the quaint but struggling fishing village of Rock Point, Maine. Here he meets FBI agent Colin Donovan for the first time…
- Saint’s Gate – Emma Sharpe is summoned to a Maine convent, partly for her FBI art crimes work, partly because of her past with the Order. At issue is a mysterious painting of Irish lore and Viking legends. But when the nun who contacted her is murdered, it seems legend is becoming deadly reality.
- Heron’s Cove – After escaping certain death, FBI deep-cover agent Colin Donovan is back home on the Maine coast with his new love, FBI art crimes expert Emma Sharpe. Then a man from Emma’s past, Russian billionaire Dmitri Rusakov, arrives in Heron’s Cove, insisting he’s there only to reclaim what’s his. But Rusakov’s connection to the arms traffickers who just tried to kill Colin put him on alert.
- Declan’s Cross – For marine biologist Julianne Maroney, two weeks in tiny Declan’s Cross on the south Irish coast is a chance to heal her broken heart. She doesn’t expect to attract the attention of FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan, who are in Ireland for their own personal retreat. Ten years ago, art was stolen from a mansion in Declan’s Cross, but it has never been recovered and the elusive thief never caught. Now, from the moment Julianne sets foot on Irish soil, everything goes wrong.
- Harbor Island – For a decade, Emma Sharpe and her grandfather have been trailing a thief whose first heist was an ancient Celtic cross. Since then, the Sharpes receive a replica after every new theft—reminding them of their failure to capture their prey. When Emma finds a murder victim holding a small, cross-inscribed stone—one she recognizes all too well—her fiancé, FBI deep-cover agent Colin Donovan, is troubled. But together they dig deeper, certain there is more to this murder than meets the eye.
- Keeper’s Reach – Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan are preparing for their next big assignment—their wedding—when Colin’s brother Mike alerts them that onetime friends from his military past are on Sharpe and Donovan home turf on the Maine coast. Now private security contractors, they want to meet with Mike. One of them, an FBI agent named Kavanagh, is supposed to be on leave. What is he investigating—or does he have his own agenda?
- Liar’s Key – Emma Sharpe is suspicious when the legendary retired Special Agent Gordon Wheelock drops by her Boston office, sharing rumors about stolen ancient mosaics. Emma won’t discuss it. Especially since it involves Oliver York, an unrepentant English thief. Gordy and Emma’s grandfather, a renowned private art detective, chased Oliver for a decade. Gordy knows Wendell Sharpe never gave him everything he had on the thief. When a shocking death occurs, Emma is pulled into the investigation.
- Thief’s Mark – As a young boy, Oliver York witnessed the murder of his parents in their London apartment. The killers kidnapped him and held him in an isolated Scottish ruin, but he escaped, thwarting their plans for ransom. After thirty years on the run, one of his tormentors may have surfaced. Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan are on their Irish honeymoon when a break-in at the home of Emma’s grandfather, private art detective Wendell Sharpe, points to Oliver.
- Impostor’s Lure – Newlyweds Emma and Colin are suspicious when prosecutor Tamara McDermott is a no-show at a Boston dinner party. Matt Yankowski is a friend of Tamara’s, and he needs them to find her. In London, a woman who was supposed to meet Emma’s art-detective grandfather to talk about forgeries is discovered near death. Her husband has vanished. The couple’s connection to Tamara adds to the puzzle.
- Rival’s Break – Emma Sharpe is recovering from a shattering loss while her husband, Colin Donovan, is deep into his latest undercover mission. So they’re grateful to enjoy a peaceful autumn weekend together on the southern Maine coast to celebrate Colin’s brother Andy’s wedding. But the peace is short-lived when Kevin Donovan, a marine patrol officer, receives a call to check on suspected food poisoning at a party aboard a yacht. Colin decides to tag along. He is surprised to recognize one of the victims, and it quickly becomes evident they’re dealing with something very sinister.