Written by American author Soman Chainani, The School for Good and Evil is described as a young adult fantasy fairytale series.
The series is composed of two trilogies, the first being about the adventures of two best friends named Sophie and Agatha. They joined the School for Good and Evil, an enchanted institution where children are trained to become fairytale heroes or villains. The final book in the series was released in 2020.
How to read The School for Good and Evil Series in order?
- The School for Good and Evil – With her glass slippers and devotion to good deeds, Sophie knows she’ll earn top marks at the School for Good and join the ranks of past students like Cinderella, Rapunzel, and Snow White. Meanwhile, Agatha, with her shapeless black frocks and wicked black cat, seems a natural fit for the villains in the School for Evil. The two girls soon find their fortunes reversed-Sophie’s dumped in the School for Evil to take Uglification, Death Curses, and Henchmen Training, while Agatha finds herself in the School for Good, thrust among handsome princes and fair maidens for classes in Princess Etiquette and Animal Communication. But what if the mistake is actually the first clue to discovering who Sophie and Agatha really are?
- A World Without Princes – Witches and princesses reside at the School for Girls, where they’ve been inspired to live a life without princes, while Tedros and the boys are camping in Evil’s old towers. A war is brewing between the schools, but can Agatha and Sophie restore the peace?
- The Last Ever After – Former best friends Sophie and Agatha thought their ending was sealed when they went their separate ways, but their storybook is about to be rewritten-and this time theirs isn’t the only one. With the girls apart, Evil has taken over and the forces of Good are in deathly peril.
- The Ever Never Handbook – Wish you could go to the School for Good and Evil? Join the ranks of heroes and villains who have walked these hallowed halls and mastered what it takes to succeed in their own fairy tales. Surviving the trials and tribulations of the school is no walk in the park. The Ever Never Handbook is here to help. This handbook equips new students with everything they’ll need to excel at the School for Good and Evil. Good luck!
- Quests for Glory – The students at the School for Good and Evil thought they had found their final Ever After when they vanquished the malevolent School Master. Now, on their required fourth-year quests, the students face obstacles both dangerous and unpredictable, and the stakes are high: success brings eternal adoration, and failure means obscurity forever.
- A Crystal of Time – A false king has seized Camelot’s throne, sentencing Tedros, the true king, to death. While Agatha, narrowly escapes the same fate, Sophie is caught in King Rhian’s trap. With her wedding to Rhian approaching, she’s forced to play a dangerous game as her friends’ lives hang in the balance.
- One True King – Beyond Good and Evil. Beyond Ever Afters. The tale of Sophie and Agatha comes to a dramatic conclusion. Prepare yourself for the End of Ends.
- Rise of the School for Good and Evil – Two Brothers. One Good. One Evil. Together they watch over the Endless Woods. Together they choose the students for the School for Good and Evil. Together they train them, teach them, and prepare them for their fate. Then, something happens. Something unexpected. Something powerful. Something that will change everything and everyone. Who will survive? Who will rule the School? The journey starts here.
- Fall of the School for Good and Evil – Two Brothers. One Good. One Evil. In exchange for power and immortality, they watch over the Endless Woods and rule the School for Good and Evil. Yet all School Masters must face a test. Theirs is loyalty. But what happens when loyalty is corrupted? When the bonds of blood are broken? Who will survive? Who will die? And what will become of the school and its students?
If you like the School for Good and Evil reading order, you may also want to check out The Land of Stories series, or Keeper of the Lost Cities. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.