Mind-reading is not without danger…
What is the Keeper of the Lost Cities series about?
From American author Shannon Messenger, the Keeper of the Lost Cities series is about a young girl in search of the truth.
The story is about a twelve-year-old high school senior named Sophie Foster. She has the ability to read minds and discovers that she is not the only one possessing this particular talent.
When she learned about it, she is forced to leave behind everything she has known and start a new life in the Lost Cities. It would be wonderful if only deadly secrets were not hidden in her subconscious…
How to read the Keeper of the Lost Cities Books in Order?
- Keeper of the Lost Cities – Twelve-year-old Sophie has never quite fit into her life. The reason? Sophie’s a Telepath, someone who can read minds. No one knows her secret… But the day Sophie meets Fitz, a mysterious boy, she learns she’s not alone. He’s a Telepath too. Fitz opens Sophie’s eyes to a shocking truth, and she is forced to leave behind her family for a new life in a place that is vastly different from what she has ever known.
- Exile – Sophie is settling in nicely to her new home and her new life in the world of the lost cities. She is tasked with helping to train an Alicorn so that the magical creature can be revealed to the people of the lost cities as a sign of hope. But the secrets buried deep in Sophie’s memories remain, and before long she’s back in incredible danger…
- Everblaze – Sophie Foster is ready to fight back. Her talents are getting stronger, and with the elusive Black Swan group ignoring her calls for help, she’s determined to find her kidnappers-before they come after her again. But a daring mistake leaves her world teetering on the edge of war, and causes many to fear that she has finally gone too far.
- Neverseen – Sophie Foster is on the run-but at least she’s not alone. Her closest friends from the Lost Cities have gone with her to join the Black Swan. They still have doubts about the shadowy organization, but the only way to find answers is to start working with them. And as they settle into their new lives, they uncover secrets bigger than anything they’d imagined.
- Lodestar – Sophie Foster is back in the Lost Cities-but the Lost Cities have changed. The threat of war hangs heavy over her glittering world, and the Neverseen are wreaking havoc. The lines between friend and enemy have blurred, and Sophie is unsure whom to trust. But when she’s warned that the people she loves most will be the next victims, she knows she has to act.
- Nightfall – Sophie Foster is struggling. Grieving. Scrambling. But she knows one thing: she will not be defeated. The Neverseen have had their victories-but the battle is far from over. It’s time to change tactics. Make sacrifices. Reexamine everything. Maybe even time for Sophie to trust her enemies.
- Flashback – Sophie Foster doesn’t know what-or whom-to believe. And in a game with this many players, the worst mistake can be focusing on the wrong threat. But when the Neverseen proves that Sophie’s far more vulnerable than she ever imagined, she realizes it’s time to change the rules. To face down ruthless enemies, she must learn to fight.
- Legacy – Sophie Foster wants answers. But even the smallest secret comes with terrifying new responsibilities. And Sophie’s not the only one with blank spots in her past, or mysteries surrounding her family. She and her friends are part of something much bigger than they imagined-and their roles have already been chosen for them.
- Unlocked – The story picks up right from Legacy’s particularly devastating cliffhanger. But chapters alternate between Sophie and Keefe’s perspectives to give readers deeper insights into both beloved characters. New powers will be discovered. Hard truths from the past will come to light. And all of your favorite characters will find themselves tested in ways they never imagined.
- Stellarlune – Sophie Foster changed the game. Now she’s facing impossible choices: When to act. When to trust. When to let go. Her friends are divided and scattered, and the Black Swan wants Sophie to focus on their projects. But her instincts are leading her somewhere else. Stellarlune-and the mysterious Elysian-might be the key to everything. But finding truth in the Lost Cities always requires sacrifice.
If you like our article about the Keeper of the Lost Cities series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!