Last Updated 6 months ago.By the author of Strike Back.
Who is Danny Black?
Danny Black is a books series written by security consultant and former Special Air Service sergeant Chris Ryan – also known for his Strike Back book series.
Danny Black is a member of the SAS. More specifically he is, at the time of the first book, a new member to one of the most elite special operations organization ever, the British Special Air Squadron. Black is extremely sharp, highly intelligent, and steadfastly determined. He can and does work well with a team but he also can operate all by himself just as well.
Danny Black Books in Order:
- Masters of War – In the war-torn cities of Syria, government forces wage a bloody war against their own people. The Russians are propping up the government, the French are backing one rebel fraction and the British are backing another. And in North Africa, young SAS trooper Danny Black is coming to the end of a gruelling tour of duty, or so he thinks. Danny has a new mission. An MI6 agent needs to make contact with Syrian rebel forces, and also with the private military contractors who are – unofficially – training this rebel faction as it struggles to bring down their government and establish a new regime that will be favourable to British business interests. Danny discovers a world where death is dispensed by the highest bidder and individuals will betray anybody if the price is right.
- Hunter-Killer – The suicide bomb strikes central London. The trail leads first to a hate cleric in a North London mosque, and his connections to a devout Saudi prince with a taste for hookers, drugs and booze. But it’s only when Danny tracks down his target to a training camp in the Yemen that he finds there may be a connection a hell of a lot closer to home.
- Murder Team – A novella available in ebook. Danny Black is a lone wolf on an unofficial mission. He is in the deserts of East Africa looking for his old comrade in arms Spud, wounded in their last mission and now missing.
- Hellfire – On the Syria/Iraq border a British hostage is beheaded by IS terrorists. In Nigeria the British High Commisioner and his young aide are kidnapped. A four-person SAS team, including Regiment hero Danny Black, is deployed to find him. The team find devastation in Nigeria, and when they discover prisoners infected with the plague they realise they have uncovered a combined Boko Haram/IS plot to unleash a bio-terror attack upon the world.
- Bad Soldier – A migrant boat battles through the rough Mediterranean. Its passengers are desperate, starving and scared. When one of these migrants reveals plans for a sickening Christmas Day atrocity in London, SAS operative Danny Black is tasked with infiltrating the most dangerous theatre of war in the world: Islamic State heartland. There, he and his team must lift a brutal IS commander – the only man who knows all the details of the London attack.
- Warlord – On the border of the United States and Mexico, a war is raging that can never be won by conventional means. The drug cartels are rampant. Of all them, the most violent is Los Zetas. Originally made up of former Mexican special forces turned bad, they are perhaps the most ruthless and highly trained criminals in the world. SAS legend Danny Black and his team are despatched to give the Zetas a taste of their own medicine. But as Danny is about to find out, the arm of the cartel is long, their sickening strategies underhand and brutal…
- Head Hunters – Helmand Province, Afghanistan. The Taliban are on the rise. A top-secret SAS kill team is assassinating high-value targets. When Danny joins the kill team, he learns that Taliban militants are not his only problem. There are elements within the British Army who want to bring the SAS to book. And in a world where his enemies are closer than he could have imagined, he must do whatever it takes to get to the truth. If he fails, it will mean the end not only of Danny Black, but of the SAS itself.
- Black Ops – To murder an SAS man is no easy task. So when three former Regiment guys turn up dead, brutally butchered in different corners of the globe, the hunt is on for a pro. Enter Danny Black.But there is more to this mission than Danny can ever know, and in the secret world, sometimes your deadliest enemy is much, much closer to home. As the tracer rounds fly and the body count rises, could it be that Danny Black has finally met his match?
- Zero 22 – An SAS unit codenamed Zero 22 is ambushed and massacred by a small army of mercenaries. Danny Black survives the massacre and learns that his unit was betrayed by a mole feeding high-level military intelligence to the Russians. As the mission unfolds, Danny realises that what started out as a simple act of revenge is just single play in a conspiracy that will take him across continents and pit him against the insidious machinations of the most powerful men in the world.