Last Updated 1 week ago.The book series that inspired the Cinemax TV Show.
What’s the Strike Back series about?
Coming from Chris Ryan, the pen name of the author, television presenter, security consultant, and former Special Air Service sergeant Colin Armstrong, Strike Back is a military series.
The series revolves around two SAS Heroes, John Porter and John Bald who lead a Strike Team across the world. Porter plays it by the book, Bald will always want to break the rules, but they always find a way to finish their missions, fighting terrorists, infiltrating criminal organizations, and eliminating high-value targets.
Strike Back Books in Order:
- Strike Back – Two soldiers: one a celebrated military hero and the other a broken veteran living in the gutters of London. Their paths last crossed nearly twenty years ago. Now, amidst a hostage crisis in the Middle East, their lives are about to collide again. And the Strike Back is about to begin.
Series is prequel to the novel “Strike Back” (2007)
- Deathlist – 1999. A bitterly cold morning in the Brecon Beacons, and the soldiers trying out for SAS Selection are preparing to face their toughest test yet. Overseeing the soldiers is John Porter: once a promising young Blade, now a broken man and a drunk, seeing out his days in the Regiment Training Wing. But before the Fan Dance can begin, six masked gunmen carry out a devastating attack.
- Shadow Kill – Held up by rebel forces in a brutal siege, John Porter is tested to the limit in the African jungle. Strikeback hero John Porter is sent on a mission with Regimental scallywag John Bald. Where Porter plays it by the book, Bald will always want to break the rules. They are sent to Sierra Leone to extract Ronald Soames, a former CO of the Regiment and now right-hand man to the President. But when Porter and Bald arrive the Englishman has disappeared, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake.
- Global Strike – Charles Street was once a highly-respected agent working for MI6, until a terrible mistake cost him his job. Now he’s a desperate man, living on past glories and struggling to make ends meet. Until he makes a discovery that has the power to bring down the new President of the United States. But when Street tries to cash in on this discovery, he finds himself pursued by a Russian snatch squad.
- Red Strike – Six years ago, high-ranking Russian foreign intelligence officer Nikolai Volkov fled the country, accused of selling state secrets to MI6. Defecting to the UK, Volkov went into hiding. Nine weeks ago, Volkov was found slumped on a park bench in Swindon, poisoned with a lethal nerve agent – the victim of a botched assassination attempt. Now Volkov is missing, kidnapped from a remote safe house by a Russian snatch squad. With nowhere to run, Volkov faces the ultimate choice: work with his sworn enemies, or face the wrath of the motherland…
- Circle of Death – In a world run by rich and powerful men, Julian Cantwell is more powerful than most. A ruthless political consultant, Cantwell has manipulated elections around the world, bribing opponents and blackmailing political rivals. Doing whatever it takes for his clients to win. But when a freelance journalist threatens to expose his alleged involvement in a terrifying conspiracy, Cantwell suddenly finds himself under threat. Backed into a corner, he is forced to take drastic action.