Welcome to the English village Wynbridge!
What is Wynbridge about?
Written by british writer Heidi Swan, the Wynbridge Series is a series of stand-alone novels featuring the inhabitants of the English village Wynbridge.
The books can be read in any order, but take place in chronological (publication) order and feature many of the same characters, so later books may contain minor spoilers for previous books.
Wynbridge Series Books in Order:
- The Cherry Tree Cafe – Instead of the marriage proposal Lizzie Dixon was hoping for from her boyfriend, she is unceremoniously dumped, and her job is about to go the same way. So, there’s only one option: to go back home to the village she grew up in and to try to start again. With a new venture and a new home, things are looking much brighter for Lizzie. But can she get over her broken heart, and will an old flame reignite a love from long ago…?
- Summer at Skylark Farm – Amber is a city girl at heart. So when her boyfriend Jake suggests they move to the countryside to help out at his family farm, she doesn’t quite know how to react. life is not quite how she imagined – it’s cold and dirty and the farm buildings are dilapidated and crumbling. Can Amber really fit in here? And can she and Jake stay together when they are so different?
- Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market – Ruby has finished with university and is heading home for the holidays to save up for her trip around the world in January. Against her father’s wishes, she takes on a stall at the local market. But with a new retail park just opened on their doorstep, the market is under threat. To make matter worse, he ex, Steve works on the stall opposite and she realises that her feelings for him are still there…
- Coming Home to Cuckoo Cottage – When Lottie Foster’s grandmother’s best friend Gwen dies, she leaves Lottie her lovely home, Cuckoo Cottage. Lottie loves the cottage but Matt, a charming local builder, points out that beneath its charm it is falling apart. Luckily he is always on hand to help with the problems that somehow seem to keep cropping up. But is he just a bit too good to be true?
- Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells at the Christmas Fair – When Anna takes on the role of companion to the owner of Wynthorpe Hall, on the outskirts of Wynbridge, she has no idea that her life is set to change beyond all recognition.
- Snowflakes and Cinnamon Swirls at the Winter Wonderland – After calling off her engagement, Hayley, the Wynthorpe Hall housekeeper, wants nothing more than to return to her no-strings fun-loving self, avoiding any chance of future heartbreak. Little does she know, Wynbridge’s latest arrival is about to throw her plan entirely off course . . .
- The Christmas Wish List – After being let go from her job in a swanky hotel just weeks before Christmas, Hattie is feeling lost. Even more so when her high-flying boyfriend announces he’s landed his dream job in Abu Dhabi and asks her to move with him. Luckily, Hattie’s long-time friend Dolly is on hand to help and invites Hattie to spend one last holiday in the small, festive town of Wynbridge, determined to give her a Christmas to remember . . .
- A Taste of Home – Fliss Brown has grown up living with her mother on the Rossi family’s Italian fruit farm. But when her mother dies, Fliss finds out she has a family of her own, and heads back to England to discover that her estranged grandfather owns a fruit farm himself, on the outskirts of Wynbridge, and she arrives to find a farm that has fallen into disrepair. But can she resurrect the farm’s glory days and find a taste of home…?
Heidi Swain also writes the Nightingale Square Series that is connected to the Wynbridge series, and features some character crossovers.