Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
Sometimes, I read a story and I think that it could be a good TV series. Well, too bad in this case, CBS didn’t order it.
What’s the Under Suspicion Series about?
Even if I weirdly thought it was the case, Mary Higgins Clark (Alvirah and Willy) didn’t write a lot of series, but this is one of hers – co-written with Alafair Burke.
Launched in 2014, the Under Suspicion series focuses on Laurie Moran. She is a producer on the television series ‘Under Suspicion’, a documentary program that investigates unsolved cold cases.
These are their stories. Dum-dum.
How to read the Under Suspicion Books in Order?
Every book in the Under Suspicion series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- I’ve Got You Under My Skin – When Laurie Moran’s husband was brutally murdered, only three-year-old Timmy saw the face of his father’s killer. Five years later his piercing blue eyes still haunt Timmy’s dreams. Now Laurie is dealing with murder again, this time as the producer of a true crime, cold-case television show. The series will launch with the twenty-year-old unsolved murder of Betsy Powell. Betsy, a socialite, was found suffocated in her bed after a gala celebrating the graduation of her daughter and three friends.
- The Cinderella Murder – Laurie has the ideal case to feature in the next episode of Under Suspicion: the Cinderella Murder. When Susan Dempsey, a beautiful and multi-talented UCLA student, was found dead, her murder raised numerous questions. With the help of lawyer and Under Suspicion host Alex Buckley, Laurie knows the case will attract great ratings, especially when the former suspects include Hollywood’s elite and tech billionaires.
- All Dressed in White – Five years ago Amanda Pierce was excitedly preparing to marry her college sweetheart. Then, with their guests and families on site, Amanda disappeared. In present-day New York City, Laurie Moran realizes a missing bride is the perfect cold case for her investigative television series, Under Suspicion. She and her team set out to recreate the night of the disappearance at the Florida resort with Amanda’s friends and family in attendance.
- The Sleeping Beauty Killer – Fifteen years after being convicted of murdering her fiancé – the famed philanthropist Hunter Raleigh III – Casey Carter is determined to clear her name. Though she has served her time, she finds that she is still living under suspicion. Going on the true-crime show Under Suspicion seems to be her only hope to prove her innocence.
- Every Breath You Take – Laurie Moran’s professional life is a success. But her romantic break from former host Alex Buckley has left her with on-air talent she can’t stand – Ryan Nichols. Now Ryan has suggested a new case. Three years ago, Virginia Wakeling, a member of the Board of Trustees of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and one of the museum’s most generous donors, was found in the snow. The leading suspect then and now is her much younger boyfriend and personal trainer, Ivan Gray.
- You Don’t Own Me – Laurie Moran is approached by Robert and Cynthia Bell, parents of Dr. Martin Bell, a famous physician who was shot dead as he pulled into the driveway of his house five years ago. The Bells are sure that Martin’s disgraced wife, Kendra, carried out the murder. Determined to prove Kendra’s guilt and win custody over their grandchildren, they plead with Laurie to feature their son’s case on “Under Suspicion”.
- Piece of My Heart – Television producer Laurie Moran and her fiancée, Alex Buckley, the former host of her investigative television show, are just days away from their mid-summer wedding when things take a dark turn. Alex’s seven-year-old nephew, Johnny, vanishes from the beach. A search party begins and witnesses recall Johnny playing in the water and collecting shells behind the beach shack, but no one remembers seeing him after the morning. As the sun sets, Johnny’s skimboard washes up to shore, and everyone realizes that he could be anywhere, even underwater.
If you like our article about the Under Suspicion series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!