Last Updated 1 month ago.By the author of the Virgin River series.
What is the Thunder Point series about?
Written by American author Robyn Carr (Grace Valley, Virgin River), The Thunder Point series takes us on the Oregon coast, in the town of… Thunder Point.
The series begins with a story resolving around Army veteran Hank Cooper, a familiar name for those who read the Virgin River novel Sunrise Point. Cooper is introducing us to this small town of rocky beaches and rugged charm, where the locals love the land’s unspoiled beauty and developers see it as a potential gold mine.
Thunder Point Books in Order:
- The Wanderer – Hank Cooper has never been a man to settle in one place, and Thunder Point was supposed to be just another quick stop. But Cooper finds himself getting involved with the town. And with Sarah Dupre, a woman as complicated as she is beautiful. With the whole town watching for his next move, Cooper has to choose between his old life and a place full of new possibilities.
- The Newcomer – Single dad and Thunder Point’s deputy sheriff “Mac” McCain has worked hard to keep his town safe and his daughter happy. Now he’s found his own happiness with Gina James. The longtime friends have always shared the challenges and rewards of raising their adolescent daughters. With an unexpected romance growing between them, they’re feeling like teenagers themselves. And just when things are really taking off, their lives are suddenly thrown into chaos.
- The Hero – Devon McAllister takes her daughter and flees to the tiny, coastal town of Thunder Point, Oregon. There, she meets high school football coach Spencer Lawson, a widower focused on raising his young son. Neither of them are looking for love, but they may be the only ones who can heal their wounded hearts.
- The Chance – With its breathtaking vistas and down-to-earth people, Thunder Point is the perfect place for FBI agent Laine Carrington to recuperate from a gunshot wound and contemplate her future. The locals embraced Laine as one of their own after she risked her life to save a young girl from a dangerous cult. Knowing her wounds go beyond the physical, Laine hopes she’ll fit in for a while and find her true self in a town that feels safe. She may even learn to open her heart to others.
- The Promise – Scott Grant has a bustling family practice in the small Oregon community of Thunder Point. The town and its people have embraced the widowed doctor and father of two, his children are thriving, and Scott knows it’s time to move on from his loss. But as the town’s only doctor, the dating pool is limited. That is, until a stunning physician’s assistant applies for a job at his clinic.
- The Homecoming – At the age of 19, Seth Sileski had everything. A superb athlete and scholar, handsome and popular, he was the pride of Thunder Point. Destined for greatness, he lost it all in a terrible accident that put an end to his professional football career when it had barely begun. Seth has come to terms with the turns his life has taken. But now he’s been presented with an opportunity to return home and show his father – and the people of Thunder Point – he’s become a better, humbler version of his former self.
- One Wish – Grace Dillon was a champion figure skater until she moved to Thunder Point to escape the ruthless world of fame and competition. But now, her life could use a little excitement. High school teacher Troy Headly appoints himself Grace’s fun coach. When he suggests a little companionship with no strings attached, Grace is eager to take him up on his offer, and the two enjoy… getting to know each other. But things get complicated when Grace’s past catches up with her, and she knows that’s not what Troy signed up for.
- A New Hope – After losing her child, Ginger Dysart was lost in grief. But since moving to Thunder Point, Ginger is finally moving forward. Her job at the flower shop is peaceful and fulfilling, and she’s excited to be assisting with the Lacoumette wedding. In spite of her lasting heartache, Ginger is swept up in the pleasure of the occasion. But the beauty of the Lacoumette farm and the joy of the gregarious family are ruined by an unfortunate encounter with the bride’s brother, Matt.
- Wildest Dreams – Blake Smiley searched the country for just the right place to call home. The professional triathlete has traveled the world, but Thunder Point has what he needs to put down the roots he’s never had. In the quiet coastal town, he can focus on his training without distractions. Until he meets his new neighbors and everything changes.