Last Updated 1 year ago.When you can live forever what do you live for?
What is The Twilight Saga about ?
Written by american author Stephenie Meyer, The Twilight Saga is a young adult vampire-romance series about the love story between a seventeen-year-old human girl, Bella Swan, and a 104-year-old vampire, Edward Cullen. Most of the story is told from Bella’s perspective.
One of the biggest phenomenom of the 2000s, with 160 million copies sold worldwide, it’s been adapted in a series of five romance fantasy films from Summit Entertainment, with Kirsten Stewart and Robert Pattinson in the lead roles.
The Twilight Saga Books in Order:
- Twilight – Isabella Swan’s move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, and meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife-between desire and danger.
- Midnight Sun – The recently published book take us back at the beginning. It is a retelling of Twilight, told through Edward’s eyes. Meeting Bella is both the most unnerving and intriguing event he has experienced in all his years as a vampire. As we learn more fascinating details about Edward’s past and the complexity of his inner thoughts, we understand why this is the defining struggle of his life. How can he justify following his heart if it means leading Bella into danger?
- New Moon –Being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. As their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning. Bella and Edward face a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy’s reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi.
- Eclipse – As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?
- The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner – Novella. Bree Tanner, a self-described “vampire nerd” first introduced in Eclipse, lives in terror in a coven of newborn vampires. She is a member of Victoria’s vampire army, and as that army closes in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, she finds her first friend and discovers a truth about daylight.
- Breaking Dawn – To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Now, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating, and unfathomable, consequences. Just when the frayed strands of Bella’s life-first discovered in Twilight, then scattered and torn in New Moon and Eclipse-seem ready to heal and knit together, could they be destroyed… forever?
Other Books :
- Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined – You know Bella and Edward, now get to know Beau and Edythe. Discover Stephenie Meyer reimagining of the iconic love story. When Beaufort Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edythe Cullen, his life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. What Beau doesn’t realize is the closer he gets to her, the more he is putting himself and those around him at risk. And, it might be too late to turn back….
- The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide – The definitive encyclopedic reference to the Twilight Saga which provides readers with everything they need to further explore the world Stephenie Meyer created. Featuring almost 100 colour pages, new material, character profiles, genealogical charts, maps, extensive cross-references and much more…
- Bedazzled: A Book About Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight Phenomenon – Veteran author George Beahm delivers a guidebook to the four-novel series that is the ideal supplement to Meyer’s Twilight saga. Drawing on five years of extensive research and illustrated with more than 50 photographs, Bedazzled takes the reader on a guided tour of all things Twilight, including an in-depth profile of Meyer’s personal and professional life, a look behind the scenes of the two Twilight movies, and more.