This will soon be a Netflix series.
What is the Sweet Magnolias’ series about?
Written by Sherryl Woods, the author of the Chesapeake Shores series, the Sweet Magnolias is a series of contemporary romance novels.
This is the stories of the Sweet Magniolias—Raylene, Sue, Helen, Jeanette, Laura and more—women who live in the warm, cozy and wrongly called town of Serenity in South Carolina where nothing is as peaceful as it seems.
The Sweet Magnolias Books in Order:
- Stealing Home – Since her marriage broke up, Maddie Townsend has no job skills, an out-of-control sixteen-year-old son, a talkative fourteen-year-old who’s suddenly gone silent, a six-year-old daughter whose heart is broken, an ex-husband whose younger girlfriend is expecting their baby and two best friends who think she’s somehow qualified to help them open a fitness spa for women. But then, she discovers that her son’s baseball coach has feelings for her and the whole town disapproves.
- A Slice of Heaven – When an eating disorder threatens the life of chef Dana Sue Sullivan’s teenage daughter, she has no choice but to bring Annie’s cheating dad back to Serenity, South Carolina. She tells herself and her friends it’s all about Annie, but the sad truth is she has a boatload of unresolved feelings of her own for Ronnie Sullivan. From the moment Ronnie hits town, there’s no question about his intentions.
- Feels Like Family – Helen Decatur spent a lifetime setting goals. Achieving those goals was a breeze compared to the one she’s faced with now. The most driven of the Sweet Magnolias, Helen is forty-two, single and suddenly ready for the family she’s put on the back burner for all these years. Unfortunately, having a child at her age comes with lots of complications, not the least of which is the absence of a serious relationship in her life.
- Welcome to Serenity – When Jeanette Brioche helped launch The Corner Spa in Serenity, South Carolina, she found a whole lot more than professional satisfaction. But even the Sweet Magnolias can’t mend the terrible rift between Jeanette and her family or persuade her that the holidays are anything more than a season of misery. Pushed into working on the town’s much-loved annual Christmas festival, Jeanette teams up with Tom McDonald, maybe the only person in Serenity who’s less enthused about family and the holidays than she is.
- Home in Carolina – Annie Sullivan had always envisioned a life there with her childhood best friend, Tyler Townsend. But Ty’s betrayal has cost her the family and the future they’d once planned. For Ty, losing Annie was heartbreaking. Still, he can’t imagine life without the three-year-old son whose mother left him for Ty to raise. Ty wants it all and he’s back home in Serenity to fight for it.
- Sweet Tea at Sunrise – Emotionally wounded single mom Sarah Price has come home to Serenity for a fresh start. With support from her two best friends, she can face any crisis. But sometimes a woman needs more than even treasured friends can provide. Travis McDonald may be exactly what Sarah’s battered self-confidence requires. The newcomer is intent on getting Sarah to work at his fledgling radio station…and maybe into his bed, as well.
- Honeysuckle Summer – Her devastating marriage behind her, Raylene Hammond is truly thankful for her best friends, the Sweet Magnolias. Then she meets sheriff’s deputy Carter Rollins, and suddenly Raylene’s haven no longer feels quite so safe. Carter understands why Raylene is trapped inside. He’s even taken to bringing the outside world to her. But with two kid sisters to raise, just how much time can he devote to this woman who’s stolen his heart?
- Midnight Promises – When Elliott Cruz first courted struggling single mom Karen Ames. The sexy personal trainer made it his mission to restore Karen’s strength—physical and emotional—and to charm her children. Now, a few years into the marriage, colliding dreams threaten to tear a few years into the marriage, colliding dreams threaten to tear them them apart. Elliott’s desire to finance the business opportunity of a lifetime with their hard-earned “baby money” stirs Karen’s deep-rooted financial insecurities.
- Catching Fireflies – When bullying threatens to destroy a teen’s life, painful memories resurface for dedicated high school teacher Laura Reed and pediatrician J. C. Fullerton. With the support of the Sweet Magnolias, they bring the town together to ensure that a promising student’s future isn’t ruined. And to establish once and for all that bullying has no place in Serenity, South Carolina. Both J.C.’s and Laura’s passion for the cause is deeply personal, and their growing feelings for each other are just as strong.
- Where Azaleas Bloom – Single mom Lynn Morrow is determined to put food on the table for her son and daughter. Her soon-to-be-ex-husband has failed to meet his obligations time and again—but it turns out that Ed is struggling with his own demons. Enter contractor Mitch Franklin, an unlikely knight in shining armor. Now he sees in her not only the sweet girl who got away, but a woman desperately in need of support.
- Swan Point – Determined to build a new life for her family after her divorce, Adelia Hernandez has bought a home in the historic Swan Point neighborhood of Serenity. Promoted to manager of Main Street’s most fashionable boutique, she feels revitalized and ready for a fresh start as a single mom. But barely into this new independent phase, she crosses paths with the sexiest man to hit Serenity in years.