A little theft in a Fantasy World…
What is The Queen’s Thief series about?
From American author Megan Whalen Turner, The Queen’s Thief is a fantasy series for young adults in six volumes.
Set in a world rich with political machinations and intrigue, battles, dangerous journeys, divine intervention, power, passion, revenge, and deception, The Queen’s Thief series resolves around the adventures of the incorrigible Eugenides, a thief. He says he can steal everything, and he will have to prove it if he wants to survive.
How to read The Queen’s Thief Books in Order?
- The Thief – Eugenides, the queen’s thief, can steal anything-or so he says. When his boasting lands him in prison and the king’s magus invites him on a quest to steal a legendary object, he’s in no position to refuse. The magus thinks he has the right tool for the job, but Gen has plans of his own.
- The Queen of Attolia – The brilliant thief Eugenides has visited the Queen of Attolia’s palace one too many times, leaving small tokens and then departing unseen. When his final excursion does not go as planned, he is captured by the ruthless queen.
- The King of Attolia – Eugenides, no stranger to desperate circumstances, has gotten himself into difficulties he can’t get out of. Used to being treated with a certain measure of wariness, if not respect, he suffers the pranks, insults, and intrigue of the Attolian court with dwindling patience. As usual, nothing is as it appears when he rescues a hot-headed young soldier in the Palace Guard.
- A Conspiracy of Kings – After an attempted assassination and kidnapping, Sophos, heir to the throne of Sounis, disappears. Those who care for him-including the thief Eugenides and the Queen of Eddis-are left to wonder if he is alive and if they will ever see him again.
- Thick as Thieves – Kamet, a secretary and slave to his Mede master, has the ambition and the means to become one of the most powerful people in the Empire. But with a whispered warning the future he envisioned is wrenched away, and he is forced onto a very different path.
- Return of the Thief – Neither accepted nor beloved, Eugenides is the uneasy linchpin of a truce on the Lesser Peninsula, where he has risen to be high king of Attolia, Eddis, and Sounis. As the treacherous Baron Erondites schemes anew and a prophecy appears to foretell the death of the king, the ruthless Mede empire prepares to strike.
- Moira’s Pen: A Queen’s Thief Collection – This companion piece includes all of the author’s previously published short fiction set in the world of the Queen’s Thief, as well as never-before-published stories, vignettes and excerpts, poetry and rhymes, a guide to objects from museums around the world that inspired the author, and a very special recipe for almond cake.
If you like The Queen’s Thief, you may also want to check out Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, or Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.