From The Princess Diaries writer comes a supernatural romance for teenagers and young adults.
What is The Mediator about?
The Mediator is a series written by Meg Cabot. The story follows Susannah “Suze” Simon, a mediator-a liaison between the living and the dead. Simply put, she sees dead people and then must help them resolve their unfinished business with the living.
Also, Suze’s mom has remarried and Suze has three new stepbrothers and… a very sexy guy hanging out in her bedroom, unfortunately, dead for a hundred and fifty years.
How to read The Mediator Books in Order?
Every book in the Mediator series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- Shadowland – also known as Love you to Death. Suze sees dead people and they won’t leave her alone until she helps them resolve their unfinished business with the living. Suze has just moved to sunny California and plans to start fresh, with trips to the mall instead of the cemetery, and surfing instead of spectral visitations. But the very first day at her new school, Suze realizes there’s a ghost with revenge on her mind and she happens to be in the way.
- Ninth Key – also known as High Stakes. Everything is going great for Suze. Her new life in California is a whirlwind of parties and excellent hair days. Tad Beaumont, the hottest boy in town, has even asked Suze out on her very first date. But Suze can’t ignore the ghost of a murdered woman whose death seems directly connected to dark secrets hidden in none other than Tad Beaumont’s past.
- Reunion – also known as Mean Spirits. Four teenagers died in a terrible car accident, and they blame Suze’s classmate Michael. Now, they are out for blood and they’ll stop at nothing until he’s joined them in the realm of the dead. It’s up to Suze to protect Michael’s life, but also stop their killer before he strikes again.
- Every Girl’s Dream – A short story written for the teen magazine, Pulse that you can read on the Meg Cabot website.
- Darkest Hour – also known as Young Blood. When the nineteenth-century ghost of Maria de Silva wakes her up in the middle of the night, Suze knows this is no ordinary visitation. In life, Maria was the fiancee of Jesse-the same Jesse Suze is in love with. Maria threatens Suze: The backyard construction must cease. Suze has a pretty good idea what-or rather, who-Maria doesn’t want to be found. But in solving Jesse’s murder, will Suze end up losing him forever?
- Haunted – also known as Grave Doubts. Suze is used to trouble, but this time she’s in deep: Ghostly Jesse has her heart, but Paul Slater, a real flesh-and-blood guy, is warm for her form. And mediator Paul knows how to send Jesse to the Great Beyond. Paul claims he won’t do anything to Jesse as long as Suze will go out with him. Even if Suze can get Jesse to admit his true feelings for her, what kind of future can she have with a guy who’s already dead?
- Twilight – also known as Heaven Sent. When Suze discovers that she has the power to determine who becomes a ghost in the first place, she begins to freak. It means she can alter the course of history…and prevent Jesse’s murder, keeping him from ever becoming a ghost-and from ever meeting Suze. Will Jesse choose to live without her, or die to love her?
- Proposal – novella. Suze and Jesse agreed not to celebrate Valentine’s Day, or spend time together that day. That’s how Suze finds herself at a cemetery, making sur to ghosts move on – for good. But for her or Jesse, things don’t go as planned.
- Remembrance – When she’s hired as a guidance counselor at her alma mater, Suze stumbles across a decade-old murder, and soon ancient history isn’t all that’s coming back to haunt her. Old ghosts as well as new ones are coming out of the woodwork, some to test her, some to vex her, and it isn’t only because she’s a mediator, gifted with second sight.
If you like our article about The Mediator series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!