Soon to be a Netflix show.
Who is the Lincoln Lawyer?
Written by famous American author Michael Connelly (see full Reading Order), The Lincoln Lawyer a crime series is also known as the Mickey Haller series.
Mickey Haller is a defense attorney from Los Angeles who was nicknamed “the Lincoln Lawyer” because of his preference for working out of his Lincoln Town Car instead of in an office. Also, he is the younger half-brother of LAPD Detective Hieronymus “Harry” Bosch. That’s why he made numerous apparitions in the Bosch series (see Reading Order).
The Lincoln Lawyer Books in Order:
- The Lincoln Lawyer – Mickey Haller is a Lincoln Lawyer, a criminal defense attorney who operates out of the backseat of his Lincoln Town Car, traveling between the far-flung courthouses of Los Angeles to defend clients of every kind. Bikers, con artists, drunk drivers, drug dealers — they’re all on Mickey Haller’s client list. For him, the law is rarely about guilt or innocence, it’s about negotiation and manipulation. Sometimes it’s even about justice.
- The Brass Verdict – Also featuring Harry Bosch and Jack McEvoy. Defence lawyer Mickey Haller has had some problems, but now he’s put all that behind him and is ready to resume his career. Then another lawyer, Vincent, dies, and Haller gets an unexpected windfall: he inherits all Vincent’s clients, putting his stalled career back on track at a stroke.
- Nine Dragons – A Harry Bosch book featuring Eleanor Wish, Mickey Haller, and David Chu.
- The Reversal – featuring Mickey Haller, but also Harry Bosch, and Rachel Walling. When defence lawyer Mickey Haller is invited by the Los Angeles County District Attorney to prosecute a case for him, he knows something strange is going on. Mickey’s one of the best American legal brains in the business, and to switch sides likes this would be akin to asking a fox to guard the hen-house. But the high-profile case of Jason Jessup, a convicted child killer who spent almost 25 years on death row before DNA evidence freed him, is an intriguing one . . .
- The Fifth Witness – In tough times, crime is one of the few things that still pays, but even criminals are having to make cutbacks. So for defence lawyer Mickey Haller, most of his new business is not about keeping people out of jail; it’s about keeping a roof over their heads as the foreclosure business is booming.
- The Gods of Guilt – Mickey Haller gets the text ‘Call me ASAP – 187’, and the California penal code for murder immediately gets his attention. Suddenly, Mickey’s not just trying to get his client off a murder charge, but there is a more personal connection: the victim was Gloria Dayton – his own former client, a prostitute he thought he had rescued and put on the straight and narrow. Far from saving her, Haller may have been her downfall.
- The Crossing – A Harry Bosch book featuring Mickey Haller, Lucia Soto.
- The Wrong Side of Goodbye – A Harry Bosch book featuring Mickey Haller
- Two Kinds of Truth – A Harry Bosch book featuring Mickey Haller
- The Night Fire – A Renee Ballard/Harry Bosch book featuring Mickey Haller
- The Law of Innocence – Also featuring Harry Bosch. Heading home after winning his latest case, defense attorney Mickey Haller – The Lincoln Lawyer – is pulled over by the police. They open the trunk of his car to find the body of a former client. Haller knows the law inside out. He will be charged with murder. He will have to build his case from behind bars. And the trial will be the trial of his life.