Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
It’s hard to be a faery princess!
What is the Iron Fey series about?
Coming from American author Julie Kagawa, the Iron Fey series is about the adventure of a young woman in a world of fantasy.
The story focuses on half Summer faery princess, half-human, Meghan Chase. When she learned the truth about her origins, she finds herself forced into the world of the Fey and becomes a pawn in a deadly war.
How to read The Iron Fey Books in Order?
- The Iron King – Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan Chase’s life, ever since her father disappeared when she was six. Ten years later, when her little brother also goes missing, Meghan learns the truth—she is the secret daughter of a mythical faery king and a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she’ll go to save someone she loves, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
- Winter’s Passage (novella) – Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl, until she discovered that she’s really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron Fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash.
- The Iron Daughter – Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner of the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
- The Iron Queen – Meghan Chase thought it was over. That her time with the fey, the impossible choices she had to make, the sacrifices of those she loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag her back, kicking and screaming. Drag her away from the banished prince who’s sworn to stand by my side. Drag her into the core of conflict so powerful, she’s not sure anyone can survive it.
- Summer’s Crossing (novella) – Robin Goodfellow. Puck. Summer Court prankster, King Oberon’s right hand, bane of many a faery queen’s existence, and secret friend to Prince Ash of the Winter Court. Until one girl’s death came between them, and another girl stole both their hearts.
- The Iron Knight – To cold faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. Then Meghan Chase smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive and with the unwelcome company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a quest to find a way to honor his vow to stand by Meghan’s side.
- Iron’s Prophecy (novella) – Meghan Chase is finally getting used to being the Iron Queen, ruler of the Iron Fey. Her life may be strange, but with former Winter prince Ash by her side at last, she wouldn’t have it any other way. But when they travel to the Summer and Winter courts’ gathering for Elysium, the oracle from Meghan’s past returns with a dire prophecy: “What you carry will either unite the courts, or it will destroy them.”
- The Lost Prince (aka The Iron Prince) – Those are the rules that Ethan Chase lives by when it comes to the dark fairies that robbed him of his sister. But they are still on his trail and Ethan can’t fight fate forever… Now the deadly fey are at his school, colliding with his real-life, Ethan will sacrifice everything to keep his mortal friends safe, even if it means becoming entangled in the world he’s spent his whole life trying to deny.
- The Iron Traitor – After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as “normal” as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for—his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he’s forbidden to see her again.
- The Iron Warrior – Waking after a month on the brink of death, Ethan Chase is stunned to learn that the Veil that conceals the fey from human sight was temporarily torn away. Although humankind’s glimpse of the world of Faery lasted just a brief moment, the human world was cast into chaos, and the emotion and glamour produced by fear and wonder has renewed the tremendous power of the Forgotten Queen. Now she is at the forefront of an uprising against the courts of Faery—a reckoning that will have cataclysmic effects on the Nevernever.
Iron Fey: Evenfall
Robin Goodfellow. Puck. Prankster, joker, raven, fool… King Oberon’s right-hand jester from A Midsummer Night’s Dream. The legends are many, but the truth will now be known, as Puck finally tells his own story and faces a threat from a time before Faery began. A threat that brings him face-to-face with a new enemy…himself.
- Shadow’s Legacy (short story) – Friends and family gather to celebrate the wedding of the Iron Queen Meghan Chase’s brother…but one wedding guest feels more melancholic than the rest. The King of the Forgotten can’t forget his own lost love and slips away from the festivities…only to be attacked by a strange faery who calls him a fraud and a false king. Now the two must form a wary alliance to track a strange new threat, a creature of rage and hatred that threatens the newfound peace of Faery, in the opening to a grand new adventure in the enthralling world of the Iron Fey.
- The Iron Raven – With the Iron Queen Meghan Chase and her prince consort, Puck’s longtime rival Ash, and allies old and new by his side, Puck begins a fantastical and dangerous adventure not to be missed or forgotten. Evenfall is coming, and with it a reckoning that even their combined powers and wits may not vanquish, as a shadow falls over the lands of Faery and the world slips into chaos.
- The Iron Sword – Banished from the Winter Court for daring to fall in love, Prince Ash achieved the impossible and journeyed to the End of the World to earn a soul and keep his vow to always stand beside Queen Meghan of the Iron Fey. Now he faces even more incomprehensible odds. Their son, King Keirran of the Forgotten, is missing. Something more ancient than the courts of Faery and more evil than anything Ash has faced in a millennium is rising as Evenfall approaches. And if Ash and his allies cannot stop it, the chaos that has begun to divide the world will shatter it for eternity.
- The Iron Vow – After leaping through the portal to Evenfall, Meghan and her companions find themselves in a terrifying new world where Nightmares roam and glamour is nearly nonexistent. As their magic wanes and the creatures of Evenfall rise against them, the race to find the Nightmare King grows ever more desperate. But what they discover will shake everything they thought they knew to the core. The Nightmare King stirs. A world hangs in the balance. And as twilight descends upon all the realms of Faery, Meghan and her allies must make one more impossible choice.
If you like The Iron Fey, you may also want to see our guide to Holly Black’s books or to Cassandra Clare’s series. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.