Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
Family Drama, Southern Style.
What is the Sweeney Sisters series about?
Written by an American author from Richmond, Virginia, named Ashley Farley, the Sweeney Sisters is a family drama series.
Set in the South Carolina Lowcountry, as the title suggests, this story is about the Sweeney sisters, Samantha, Jackie, and Faith. When they face difficulties, they need the support of their family and they can always count on it.
As such, the series follows the lives of three sisters, each with their own unique personalities and struggles, as they navigate the challenges of family, love, and personal growth.
How to read Ashley Farley’s Sweeney Sisters Books in Order?
- Her Sister’s Shoes (2015) – Samantha, Jackie, and Faith Sweeney struggle to balance the demands of career and family while remaining true to themselves. In the midst of their individual challenges, the Sweeney sisters must cope with their mother’s mental decline. Is Lovie in the early stages of Alzheimer’s, or is her odd behavior normal for a woman her age? No one, including Lovie, understands her obsession with a rusty key she wears around her neck…
- Lowcountry Stranger (2016) – There’s a stranger in town. And it’s no coincidence when she shows up uninvited at a Sweeney family wedding. All eyes are drawn to this urchin who seems to have washed in with the tide. Before the night is over, the doe-eyed waif charms young and old with her street smarts and spunky personality. For better or worse, Annie Dawn is here to stay.
- Boots and Bedlam (2016) – All Sam Sweeney wants is to marry her man on Christmas Eve surrounded by family and friends. But emerging complications, some humorous and some not so humorous, threaten to converge and derail the best-laid plans during the busy stretch between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Amidst the chaos, never has family support been more needed, but will it be enough to restore order and save the day?
- Tangle of Strings (2016) – A nearly tragic accident leads to a discovery that rocks the Sweeney family’s world. The latest crisis threatens to tear the family apart and crumble the foundation that has always proved itself rock solid. At the heart of the matter are sixteen-year-old Annie Bethune and her boyfriend, Cooper. At stake are their dreams for the future. As to these dreams, no one in the family holds back when asserting an opinion.
- Saturdays at Sweeney’s (2017)- When the seafood business Lovie Sweeney established sixty years ago is destroyed by fire, she finds herself at the center of an arson investigation. What really happened that night? Is Lovie responsible for starting the fire or is her family under attack from a sworn enemy? The loss of their family business leaves the Sweeney clan in flux.
- Home for Wounded Hearts (2019) – This is a standalone spinoff of the Sweeney Sisters series. Faith Neilson, survivor of an abusive marriage, has finally discovered her life’s passion. She’s established a shelter for women in crisis. Faith’s mission, when she opens her doors, is to help the residents mend their broken hearts. In the midst of that challenge, she struggles to find additional funding to keep her program afloat while balancing the demands of career and home.
What should you read if you like Ashley Farley’s Sweeney Sisters novels?
If you like reading Ashley Farley’s Sweeney Sisters stories, you may be interested in The Seven Sisters novels by Lucinda Riley, Kristin Hannah’s books, Mary Alice Monroe’s novels…