What is the Sullivan’s Crossing series about?
Written by American author Robyn Carr (Virgin River, Thunder Point), The Sullivan’s Crossing series takes us at a place called Sullivan’s Crossing, located at the crossroads of the Colorado and Continental Divide Trails, where campers and hikers, bikers, rock climbers, fishermen and nature lovers refuel, refresh and recharge.
Strangers warm by the fire of a general store passed down through the generations, an outpost now owned by a friendly guy named Sully. People tend to hang out on the store’s wide front porch, so pull up a chair. The beer’s cold, the air’s fresh, and the company’s good.
Sullivan’s Crossing Books in Order:
- What We Find – Neurosurgeon Maggie Sullivan knows she needs to slow down before she burns out completely, and the best way she can do that is by heading home to Sullivan’s Crossing. Indulging in the simple way of life should be the perfect escape. But Maggie’s world is rocked and she must take responsibility for the Crossing. When quiet and serious Cal Jones, offers to lend a hand, Maggie is suspicious of his motive. Though as Cal and Maggie spend more time together it gives Maggie hope for something brighter just on the horizon…
- Any Day Now – For Sierra Jones, Sullivan’s Crossing is meant to be a brief stopover. She’s put her troubled past behind her but the path forward isn’t yet clear. A visit with her big brother Cal seems to be the best option to help her get back on her feet. Not wanting to burden or depend on anyone, Sierra is surprised to find the Crossing offers so much more than a place to rest her head. But when her past catches up with her, it’s a special man and an adorable puppy who give her the strength to face the truth and fight for a brighter future.
- The Family Gathering – Having left the military, Dakota Jones is at a crossroads in his life. With his elder brother and youngest sister happily settled in Sullivan’s Crossing, he shows up hoping to clear his head before moving on to his next adventure. But, like every visitor to the Crossing, he’s immediately drawn to the down-to-earth people and the seemingly simple way of life. As a newcomer, he is on everyone’s radar. And spending quality time with his siblings is eye-opening. As he gets to know them, he also gets to know himself and what he truly wants.
- The Best of Us – Dr. Leigh Culver loves practicing medicine in Timberlake, Colorado. It is a much-needed change of pace from her stressful life in Chicago. The only drawback is she misses her aunt Helen, the woman who raised her. But it’s time that Leigh has her independence, and she hopes the beauty of the Colorado wilderness will entice her aunt Helen to visit often. When Helen visits Leigh, she is surprised to find her niece still needs her, especially when it comes to sorting out her love life. But the biggest surprise comes when Leigh takes Helen out to Sullivan’s Crossing and Helen finds herself falling for the place and one special person. Helen and Leigh will each have to decide if they can open themselves up to love neither expected to find and seize the opportunity to live their best lives.
- The Country Guesthouse – When her best friend died suddenly, Hannah became guardian to a five-year-old named Noah. With no experience at motherhood, she’s terrified she’s not up to the challenge. She and Noah need time to get to know each other, so she decides to rent a country house with stunning views on a lake in rural Colorado. When they arrive at the house, they are greeted by the owner, a handsome man who promises to stay out of their way. But life throws more challenges at this unlikely trio and they are tested in ways they never thought possible. All three will discover their strengths and, despite their differences, they will fight to become a family. And the people of Sullivan’s Crossing will rally around them to offer all of the support they need.