All of the Books!
Who is Steve Berry?
Like John Grisham, Steve Berry was a southerner lawyer before becoming a writer. Though he wrote his first manuscript in 1990, his first one, the standalone novel The Amber Room, was published 12 years later.
Now, Steve Berry’s books have been translated into 41 languages and they appear in multiple bestseller lists. He wrote thriller books with a mix of history, as it is a subject passion for him and his wife and they created together the foundation History Matters, dedicated to historic preservation.
Steve Berry Books in Order:
Cotton Malone Series
Cotton Malone is a one-time top operative with the Magellan Billet, a division inside the U.S. Justice Department. After leaving the Billet, Cotton Malone moved to Amsterdam and purchased a old and rare bookstore. From time to time, he will be called back by his old boss at the Billet to assist in various investigations. For more details, go to the Cotton Malone reading order.
- “The Admiral’s Mark“ (2012) (short story)
- The Templar Legacy (2006)
- The Alexandria Link (2007)
- The Venetian Betrayal (2007)
- The Charlemagne Pursuit (2008)
- The Paris Vendetta (2009)
- “The Balkan Escape“ (2010) (short story)
- The Emperor’s Tomb (2010)
- “The Devil’s Gold“ (2011) (short story)
- The Jefferson Key (2011)
- “The Tudor Plot“ (2013) (short story)
- The King’s Deception (2013)
- The Lincoln Myth (2014)
- “The Devil’s Bones” (2014) (short story co-written with James Rollins featuring Gray Pierce from Sigma Force series)
- The Patriot Threat (2015)
- The 14th Colony (2016)
- The Lost Order (2017)
- “The Devils’ Due” (2017) (short story about one of Cotton Malone’s early missions)
- The Bishop’s Pawn (2018)
- The Malta Exchange (2019)
- The Warsaw Protocol (2020)
- The Kaiser’s Web (2021)
- “Extenuating Circumstances” (2011) (short story co-written with M.J. Rose)
- “Shadow Tag” (2016) (short story co-written with Raymond Khoury, featuring FBI Agent Sean Reilly from the Sean Reilly and Tess Chaykin series)
- “Past Prologue” (2017) short story co-written with Diana Gabaldon, featuring Jamie Fraser from the Outlander book series)
Cassiopeia Vitt Adventures
A spin-off to the Cotton Malone series, Cassiopeia Vitt Adventures put the wealthy adventurer on center stage.
- The Balkan Escape (2010) — also part of the Cotton Malone series.
- The Museum of Mysteries (2018)
- The Lake of Learning (2019)
- The House of Long Ago (2020)
- The End of Forever (2021)
- The Amber Room (2003) — Rachel Cutler loves her job and her kids, and remains civil to her ex-husband, Paul. But everything changes when her father dies under suspicious circumstances, leaving behind clues to a treasure called the Amber Room, one of the most intriguing mysteries of the last century. Desperate for the truth, Rachel takes off for Germany, with Paul close behind. Before long, they’re in over their heads. Locked into a treacherous game with professional killers, Rachel and Paul find themselves on a collision course with the forces of greed, power and history itself…
- The Romanov Prophecy (2004) — History is being made and Miles Lord has a ringside seat. The people of Russia have voted to bring back the tsar, a ruler to be selected from the distant relatives of Nicholas II, who was murdered along with the rest of the Romanov family in 1918. Miles has been asked to run a background check on one of the candidates. But excitement turns to terror when Miles is nearly killed by gunmen. Suddenly, he is racing across continents with only a cryptic utterance by Rasputin, made at the time of the Romanov massacre, as his guide. The implications of this prophecy are earth-shattering — not only for the future tsar and mother Russia, but for Miles himself.
- The Third Secret (2005) — Third Secret is rumoured to be a prediction so shocking that it has been locked away for over eighty years. Could this be what is drawing Pope Clement XV to the Vatican archive, night after sleepless night? When Father Colin Michener is sent on a secret mission to the highlands of Romania, he is pitched into a vortex of suspicion, deceit, murder and forbidden passion. Suddenly, he is forced to face the very thing that has so distressed the Pope – and to unravel a mystery that will shake the world.
- The Columbus Affair (2012) — Tom Sagan is staring down the barrel of a gun. He has lost everything he ever loved: his job, his wife, his daughter, his reputation. What hurts most is that he knows his Pulitzer Prize-winning career as a journalist was sabotaged. He was set up, but he can’t prove it. They – whoever they are – have beaten him. So he decides to end his life. But before he can pull the trigger, an enigmatic stranger appears. Zachariah Simon has Tom’s estranged daughter at his mercy. What he wants is something only Tom can supply. It’s the key to a five hundred-year-old mystery, one with explosive consequences in the modern world.