Vengeance is a Sisterhood affair.
What is the Sisterhood series about?
Written by the prolific American author Fern Michaels, the Sisterhood series is about friendship and justice, but not the conventional one.
In fact, the Sisterhood is a group of women from all walks of life bound by a quest for justice. Using their own resources, expertise, and a network of allies around the globe, the members of the Sisterhood work to make every wrong right, especially when the victims are women.
Sisterhood Books in Order:
- Weekend Warriors – Life isn’t fair. Most women know it. But what can you do about it? Plenty…if you’re part of the Sisterhood. On the surface, these seven women are as different as can be—but each has had her share of bad luck. Now, drawn together by tragedy, they’re forging a bond that will help them right the wrongs committed against them and discover an inner strength they didn’t know they had.
- Payback – In Myra Rutledge’s beautiful Virginia home, amid hugs and fresh iced tea, shrimp fritters and shell-pink tulips, the friends have gathered to embark on their second mission of sweet revenge for one of their own. Julia Webster’s husband, a U.S. Senator, has used his wife’s graciousness and elegance to advance his career even as he’s abused her trust at every turn and left her dreams for the future in tatters.
- Vendetta – It’s been five years since Myra’s pregnant daughter was killed in a hit-and-run. The driver escaped his rightful punishment through diplomatic immunity and has continued to live like a king ever since Myra’s life came crashing down. This is more than injustice, this is personal.
- The Jury – For years, Paula Woodley has suffered the broken bones and shattered self-esteem caused by an abusive marriage. But what can she do? Her high-profile, Washington powerbroker husband is not a man to be crossed. Or so he thinks.
- Sweet Revenge – There are some things that a group of gracious ladies just can’t overlook – and doing one of their friends dirty is at the top of the list. That’s the mission of the Sisterhood, seven women who would do anything to help out one of their clan, especially when it means righting a wrong. And Isabelle Flanders has definitely been done wrong.
- Lethal Justice – Alexis Thorn, once a successful securities broker, spent a hellish year behind bars for a crime she never committed. Now she has her freedom. Meanwhile the real criminals—her former employers—continue to make millions by conning the innocent. Alexis dreams of getting even. The legal system failed her, but the Sisterhood won’t.
- Free Fall – Yoko Akia’s mother was only fifteen when a wealthy man swept her off her feet with promises of love. Instead, he filled her brief life with horror and misery. The Sisterhood has helped each other exact vengeance on rotten men before, but this time it’s different.
- Hide and Seek – Mitch Riley, the ruthless assistant director of the FBI, intends to frame Cornelia “Nellie” Easter, the judge who helped the Sisterhood evade prison, and their lawyer, Lizzie Fox, in order to save his own career. He’s created a special task force to hunt the Sisters down.
- Hokus Pokus – Although the women foiled former FBI director Mitch Riley’s plot to frame their friends Judge Nellie Easter and lawyer Lizzie Fox, now they must remain in exile or risk capture.
- Fast Track – One dark night, a helicopter lands on their mountain. The Sisters aren’t about to wait to be ambushed. Braving the storm, they set out to greet their guests, only to be told by Charles that the mysterious visitors are the Sisterhood’s new employers, and they’ve got a dangerous new assignment in mind.
- Collateral Damage – A mysterious Washington, D.C. political operative needs the Sisters to track down a computer hacker who has stolen a highly classified list of fundraisers’ names. With a presidential election looming, the girls soon realize the job is a lot more dangerous than they had anticipated.
- Final Justice – The seven women of the Sisterhood have risked everything in the name of justice. Their most recent mission promised to reward them with a presidential pardon. But before they can enjoy their prize, they’ll have to tackle a risky new operation in the heart of Sin City.
- Under the Radar – Pearl Barnes runs an underground railroad to help abused and displaced women, and she’s just rescued fourteen pregnant teenagers who belong to a highly secretive and controversial polygamy sect. But keeping the girls safe will require the kind of help only the Sisterhood can provide.
- Razor Sharp – A powerful attorney with a cut-throat reputation, Lizzie Fox has just taken on a high-profile new client—Lily Flowers, the Madam of a high-end bordello operating under the guise of a summer camp. The chips are stacked against Lily and her girls. But one phone call to the Sisterhood might just swing the vote.
- Vanishing Act – The ladies of Pinewood receive a frantic phone call from Nikki’s fiancé, Jack Emery. Harry Wong—Yoko’s true love and a staunch supporter of the Sisterhood—has become the victim of a ruthless identity theft ring.
- Deadly Deals – After years of trying to become pregnant without success, Rachel Dawson and her husband Thomas felt their dreams had finally come true the day they brought home their newly adopted twin babies. Though the lawyer Baron Bell who arranged for the surrogate mother charged a hefty six-figure fee, one glance into the eyes of their precious children told them it was all worth it. Until the birth mother reappeared.
- Game Over – Lizzie Fox is rumored to be near the top of the short list for a soon to be vacated seat on the Supreme Court. While the Sisters are thrilled for Lizzie, they are concerned about her being ripped to shreds in the approval process, partly due to her connections with the Sisterhood.
- Cross Roads – A happy homecoming at the old Virginia farmhouse is marred by the hijacking of Nikki and Kathryn’s private jet. It seems their few fellow passengers are not ordinary travelers–they’re an elite group of Interpol agents who urgently need the Sisterhood’s help.
- Déjà Vu – The time has come to deal with Enemy #1, aka Hank Jellicoe, who’s wanted by the FBI, the CIA, and Homeland Security for starters. Only the Sisterhood, with their special blend of guts, imagination, and friends in all places are capable of pulling off the impossible.
- Home Free – President Martine Connor has announced the formation of a top-secret organization. Officially, the CIC won’t exist. Unofficially, they’ll report directly to the president and tackle the jobs no one else can handle. For the Sisterhood, it’s the end of an era—and the beginning of a whole new adventure…
- Gotcha – Julie is convinced her greedy daughter-in-law Darlene had something to do with the mysterious circumstances surrounding her son Larry’s death. She desperately wants to get a confession out of Darlene. As the Sisters dig deeper into Darlene’s shady dealings, events unfurl in a way that no one could have predicted…
- Blindsided – Myra Rutledge isn’t ready to mothball the Sisterhood just yet. When Maggie Spitzer, former editor-in-chief of the Post and an honorary member of the Sisterhood, arrives with a new mission in mind, the Vigilantes are soon gathering in their war room once more.
- Kiss and Tell – When a string of anonymous emails arrives at Pinewood, suggesting shady dealings at a local assisted-living facility, Myra Rutledge and her best friend Annie de Silva are more than ready to out-hustle a master con-artist at his own game.
- Eyes Only – Years ago, Gretchen Spyder, daughter of the island’s namesake, gave her twin babies up for legal adoption. Now Gretchen and her father are trying to get them back.Their only hope lies with Myra Rutledge and her formidable Sisterhood.
- In Plain Sight – When two clients fail to report for their weekly check-in, the Sisterhood and their allies begin a search for French model Amalie Laurent and her one-time maid.
- Point Blank – When Yoko Wong’s partner, Harry, receives a phone call from an old schoolmate in China, he finds out that his daughter, Lily, is missing from the Shaolin temple where she is now a student.
- Crash and Burn – The law firm of Queen, King, Bishop & Rook—the Chessmen—has been a formidable force in Washington, D.C., for decades. And Sisterhood member Nikki Quinn’s new case has made her their prime target.
- Need to Know – Garland Lee is one of America’s most famous singers but she’s not immune to hurt. Her once trusted lawyer has been siphoning money from her huge fortune into his own pocket for years and now he’s threatening to take her to court. This could cost her everything.
- Safe and Sound – Ben Ryan is an eight-year-old child genius, the grandson of millionaire Eleanor Lymen, who hired Izzy Flanders Tookus years ago to design an institute for gifted children. Ben’s mother passed away and Ben now lives with his stepfather and his wife. Ben’s safety is now in jeopardy.
- Cut and Run – It’s been three months since Countess Annie de Silva slipped away from her home before dawn, leaving a cryptic note and no clue as to her destination. That’s an eternity for friends as devoted as the Sisterhood.
- Truth and Justice – When Bella visits the fertility clinic, she discovers her eggs are no longer there—and the circumstances are beyond suspicious. Heartbroken at this tale of shattered hopes, she recruits the Sisterhood to investigate.
- Bitter Pill – For the Sisterhood, there’s a special satisfaction that comes with helping a friend in need, especially when it’s someone as dear as Charlotte Hansen. Myra Rutledge’s childhood friend has spent tens of thousands of dollars on remedies to boost longevity. But far from improving her health, the medications seem to be destroying it.