Dexter Morgan isn’t the only serial killer in the literary game…
What is the Serge A. Storms series about?
Written by American author Tim Dorsey, this series is about obsessive Florida trivia buff and spree killer Serge A. Storms.
Serge has been diagnosed with a variety of mental illnesses and has been prescribed a “cocktail” of drugs to keep him stable. But he often doesn’t take it and that makes him obsessive about trivial things.
Charismatic and likable, Serge possesses a strong and quite personal sense of justice, so he acts as a vigilante and can be creative with his killings.
How to read the Serge A. Storms Books in Order?
Every book in the Serge A. Storms series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- Florida Roadkill – Sunshine State trivia buff Serge A. Storms loves eliminating jerks and pests. His drug-addled partner Coleman loves cartoons. Hot stripper Sharon Rhodes loves cocaine, especially when purchased with rich dead men’s money. On the other hand, there’s Sean and David, who love fishing and are kind to animals – and who are about to cross paths with a suitcase filled with $5 million in stolen insurance money. They all want the suitcase.
- Hammerhead Ranch Motel – There’s a different schemer or slimeball behind every door. And just down the row, local historian and spree killer Serge A. Storms is still looking for a briefcase stuffed with five million dollars…and is now capable of wreaking more havoc than hurricane Rolando-berto, the big wind gathering force offshore, just waiting for the opportunity to blow everything straight to hell.
- Orange Crush – When a traumatic experience forever changes Florida gubernatorial race candidate Marlon Conrad’s life, he hits the road in a Winnebago to find the “real” Florida. But his odyssey is plagued with would-be assassins and cutthroat journalists. And when reemergent spree killer Serge A. Storms is thrown into the mix, things really start to get interesting…
- Triggerfish Twist – Ensconced in a lovely tropical villa on idyllic Triggerfish Lane, Jim Davenport anticipates the good life to come. But this isn’t living. It’s got overly aggressive Little League parents, drug-free Rastafarians, homicidal hookers, unnatural sex and casual violence. Oh, yes, and there’s Serge A. Storms living directly across the street. So it’s only a matter of time before Jim up and actually kills somebody …
- The Stingray Shuffle – When serial-killing local Florida historian Serge A. Storms is off his meds, no one is safe – not Russian hoods, Jamaican mobsters, spoiled frat boys, women’s book clubs, drug dealers, bad Vegas-rejected local lounge acts – especially when $5 million in cash in a bugged suitcase is still racing up and down the Eastern Seaboard.
- Cadillac Beach – Busting out of Chattahoochee State Hospital … without his meds! The thrill-killing Floridaphile needs to get to the bottom of his bookie grandad’s bizarre 1964 death – not to mention launch “Serge & Lenny’s Florida Experience,” the new Miami specialty tour venture he’s cooked up with his best brain-dead druggie-buddy. It’s all good. For Serge A. Storms, anyway. Not so much for anyone else.
- Torpedo Juice – The drinks are on Serge A. Storms, who’s decided it’s high time he got married. So he’s motoring down to the Florida Keys in search of Ms. Right… and finding his doped-up basket case bud Coleman along the way. But for Serge, “getting hitched” doesn’t necessarily mean “settling down”.
- The Big Bamboo – His marriage plans fizzled, Serge A. Storms is on a new mission: to convince the West Coast movie industry bigwigs to do their business in his beloved Sunshine State. So it’s off to Tinseltown with his substance-sustained sidekick, Coleman.
- Hurricane Punch – As Serge and his burnout buddy Coleman go storm-chasing, bodies begin turning up at a disturbing rate, even by Florida standards. It looks like a serial killer is on the loose-another serial killer-which highly offends Serge’s moral sensibilities. And he vows he’ll stop at nothing to unmask his thrill-killing rival and make All Things Right.
- Atomic Lobster – Serge A. Storms is back with a bullet, torn between homicide and souvenirs, cranking up the fevered action as the pot boils over on a street called Lobster Lane. It’s reunion time in the Sunshine State, and we’re not just talking the family jamboree of the blood-soaked McGraw criminal clan, whose nastiest, meanest member, finally released from prison, is heading south bent on revenge.
- Nuclear Jellyfish – Serge is upset that his beloved state isn’t getting its proper recognition, so he sets up his own wildcat Internet travel-service site, hyper-blogging his way down the coast with his perpetually hammered sidekick, Coleman. Unfortunately, Serge’s Web presence catches the attention of his nemesis, Agent Mahoney, and the chase is on.
- Gator A-Go-Go – That’s right: Serge and Coleman do spring break! One spring break location obviously isn’t enough for Serge, so he must hit them all, traveling through various historic locales, spewing nuggets of history at anyone who won’t run away and dispensing his own signature brand of Sunshine State justice. Along the way he and his sidekick, Coleman, attract a growing following of the nation’s top college students . . . and a mysterious gang that leaves a trail of young bodies in their wake.
- Electric Barracuda – Serge Storms has been leaving corpses strewn across the Sunshine State for more than a decade. The authorities-especially one tenacious state agent-have begun to notice the exponential body count. Meanwhile, armed with his perpetually baked sidekick, Coleman, Serge decides to blitz the state and resurrect his Internet travel-advice website-which.
- When Elves Attack – Like Santa, Serge knows who’s been naughty and who’s been nice. Few can give with the generosity and creativity of Serge, and as December 24 rolls around, he is filling up the Serge sleigh with an unforgettable bag of presents. But before that, it’s all a big free-range Christmas office party, where Serge will be spreading his special cheer.
- Pineapple Grenade – A magnet for hurricanes, boat people, and geezer snowbirds in pastels, Miami does crazy better than anywhere, whether it’s the media feeding frenzy over the “Hollow Man,” a gutless corpse found on the beach, or the giant shark carcasses stuffed with some other human’s limbs jamming up busy intersections. But Serge Storms has bigger fish than dead stuffed sharks to fry. He wants to be a spy.
- The Riptide Ultra-Glide – The next Mexican-American War is being fought, this time in Fort Lauderdale, between the Kentucky mafia and the Oxy cartel over control of the lucrative pain clinic market. Latinos are turning up dead, hillbillies are wandering the beach trampling sand castles, and cops continue arresting doctors wriggling out of office windows. But it’s never really a party until Serge and Coleman arrive.
- Tiger Shrimp Tango – When a new digital scheme goes horribly awry-causing innocents to die and a young woman to go missing-only one person can set things right: Serge Storms. Aided by his sidekick, Coleman, and latter-day noir private eye Mahoney, Serge launches a crusade to rid his beloved state of predators and save the girl.
- Shark Skin Suite – When it comes to swimming with the sharks, there is no bigger kahuna than Serge Storms. Binging on a marathon of legal movies set in Florida, Serge finds his calling: the law. Never mind law school or that degree, Serge becomes a freelance fixer.
- Coconut Cowboy – Obsessed with the iconic Sixties classic Easy Rider, encyclopedic Floridaphile, lovable serial killer, and movie buff extraordinaire Serge A. Storms devises his wildest plan yet: finish the journey begun by his freewheeling heroes, Captain America and Billy, tragically cut short by some shotgun-wielding rednecks.
- Clownfish Blues – With Coleman riding shotgun, Serge is rolling down the highway of his dreams in a vintage silver convertible Corvette just like the snazzy car Martin Milner drove. It doesn’t matter that the actual Route 66 didn’t pass through Florida, for Serge discovers that a dozen episodes near the series’ end were filmed (really!) in his beloved home state. So for Serge and the always toked and stoked Coleman, the Sunshine State is all the road you need to get your kicks.
- The Pope of Palm Beach – No one worships the Sunshine State as much as Serge A. Storms. Perpetually hunting Floridian arcana and lore, he and his permanently baked sidekick, Coleman, are on the road again. This time they’re on a frenzied literary pilgrimage that leads them back to Riviera Beach, the cozy seaside town where the boys spent their formative years.
- No Sunscreen for the Dead – Serge and Coleman are back on the road, ready to hit the next stop on their list of obscure and wacky points of interest in the Sunshine State. This time, Serge’s interest is drawn to one of the largest retirement villages in the world-also known as the site of an infamous sex scandal between a retiree and her younger beau that rocked the community.
- Naked Came the Florida Man – Though another devastating hurricane is raking Florida, its awesome power can’t stop the Sunshine State’s most loyal son, Serge A. Storms, from his latest scenic road trip: a cemetery tour. With his best bro Colman riding shotgun, Serge hits the highway in his ’69 gold Plymouth Satellite, putting pedal to the metal on a grand tour of the past.
- Tropic of Stupid – Serge Storms is a lover of history, so he’s decided to investigate his own using one of those DNA services from late-night TV. Excited to construct a family tree, he and Coleman hit the road to meet his kin. Along the way, he plans to introduce Coleman to the Sunshine State’s beautiful parks where he can brush up on his flora, fauna, and wildlife, and more importantly, collect the missing stamps for his park passport book.
- Mermaid Confidential – Serge A. Storms and his permanently baked sidekick, Coleman, have decided to pump the brakes and live on island time. After years of manic road tripping across their beloved Sunshine State, the irrepressible anti-heroes drop anchor in the Florida Keys. They settle down in Pelican Bay, a thriving condo complex with scenic views and friendly neighbors. But the community is at war with investors who are buying up units and leasing them to young vacationers who party at all hours. With their little slice of heaven on the line, Serge takes it upon himself to convince the tourists to move on and quickly becomes a local favorite.
- The Maltese Iguana – After a long and arduous COVID-19 quarantine, Serge A. Storms is fully vaccinated and ready to hit the road. Along with his condo neighbors, he cooks up a wild plan to celebrate in true Serge fashion: each week, they rent a shuttle van and head out for funky Florida road trips and some serious revelry. Meanwhile, a CIA revenge operation down in Honduras goes very, very wrong. The local liaison hired to help with the mission is the only witness to the disaster, and the CIA quickly sets a black ops contractor on his trail to eliminate him.
If you like our article about the Serge A. Storms series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!