By the author of Will Robie’s series.
Who are Sean King & Michelle Maxwell?
Also known as a TV Show on TNT with Rebecca Romijn and Jon Tenney, The King and Maxwell series is a crime novel book series created by american author David Baldacci.
This is the story of Michelle Maxwell and Sean King. After tragic events, these two former Secret Service agents were forced to change their lives. Now, they are working as private investigators in Washington, DC, and Virginia.
Sean King & Michelle Maxwell Books in Order:
- Split Second – Michelle Maxwell has just wrecked her promising career at the Secret Service. Against her instincts, she let a presidential candidate out of her sight for the briefest moment and the man whose safety was her responsibility vanished into thin air. Sean King knows how the younger agent feels. Eight years earlier, the hard-charging Secret Service agent allowed his attention to be diverted for a split second. And the candidate he was protecting was gunned down before his eyes. Now Michelle and Sean are about to see their destinies converge.
- Hour Game – A woman is found murdered in the woods. It seems like a simple case but it soon escalates into a terrible nightmare. Someone is replicating the killing styles of the most infamous murderers of all time. No one knows this criminal’s motives…or who will die next. Sean King and Michelle Maxwell have been hired to defend a man’s innocence in a burglary involving an aristocratic family.
- Simple Genius – Near Washington, D.C., there are two clandestine institutions: the world’s most unusual laboratory and a secret CIA training camp. Drawn to these sites by a murder, Sean King encounters a dark world of mathematicians, codes, and spies. His search for answers soon leads him to more shocking violence-and an autistic girl with an extraordinary genius. Now, only by working with his partner, Michelle Maxwel can he catch a killer…and stop a national threat.
- First Family – A daring kidnapping turns a children’s birthday party at Camp David, the presidential retreat, into a national security nightmare. Sean King and Michelle Maxwell don’t want to get involved. But years ago Sean saved the First Lady’s husband, then a senator, from political disaster. Now the president’s wife presses Sean and Michelle into a desperate search to rescue a kidnapped child. The two are pushed to the limit, with forces aligned on all sides against them…
- The Sixth Man – Edgar Roy–an alleged serial killer–is awaiting trial. He faces almost certain conviction. Sean King and Michelle Maxwell are called in by Roy’s attorney, Sean’s old friend and mentor Ted Bergin, to help work the case. But their investigation is derailed when Sean and Michelle find Bergin murdered. It is now up to them to ask the questions no one seems to want answered: Is Roy a killer? Who murdered Bergin?
- King and Maxwell – It seems at first like a simple, tragic story. Tyler Wingo, a teenage boy, learns the awful news that his father, a soldier, was killed in action in Afghanistan. Then the extraordinary happens: Tyler receives a communication from his father…after his supposed death. Tyler hires Sean and Michelle to solve the mystery surrounding his father. But their investigation quickly leads to deeper, more troubling questions.