The sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the worlds.
What is Saga about?
Created by writer Brian K. Vaughan and artist Fiona Staples, published by Image Comics, Saga is an epic space opera/fantasy comic book series heavily influenced by Star Wars.
It depicts two lovers from long-warring extraterrestrial races, Alana and Marko, fleeing authorities from both sides of a galactic war as they struggle to care for their newborn daughter, Hazel, who occasionally narrates the series.
Saga Comics Reading Order:
- Saga Volume One – When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe. Collects Saga #1-6.
- Saga Volume Two – Thanks to her star-crossed parents Marko and Alana, newborn baby Hazel has already survived lethal assassins, rampaging armies, and alien monstrosities, but in the cold vastness of outer space, the little girl encounters her family’s greatest challenge yet: the grandparents. Collects Saga #7-12.
- Saga Volume Three – New parents Marko and Alana travel to an alien world to visit their hero, while the family’s pursuers finally close in on their targets. Collects Saga #13-18
- Saga Volume Four –Hazel becomes a toddler while her family struggles to stay on their feet. Collects Saga #19-24.
- Saga Volume Five – While Gwendolyn and Lying Cat risk everything to find a cure for The Will, Marko makes an uneasy alliance with Prince Robot IV to find their missing children, who are trapped on a strange world with terrifying new enemies. Collects Saga #25-30.
- Saga Volume Six – After a dramatic time jump, Hazel begins the most exciting adventure of her life: kindergarten. Meanwhile, her star-crossed family learns hard lessons of their own. Collects Saga #31-36.
- Saga Volume Seven – Finally reunited with her ever-expanding family, Hazel travels to a war-torn comet that Wreath and Landfall have been battling over for ages. New friendships are forged and others are lost forever. Collects Saga #37-42.
- Saga Volume Eight – After the traumatic events of the War for Phang, Hazel, her parents, and their surviving companions embark on a life-changing adventure at the westernmost edge of the universe. Collects Saga #43-48.
- Saga Volume Nine – Petrichor and Prince Robot IV are inseparable, Alana and Marko are closer than ever, and Hazel and Squire slowly learned to know each other. Danger approaches and not everyone will survive unscathed. Collects Saga #49-54.
Saga Deluxe hardcovers
Hardcover deluxe editions collecting Saga, with new original cover as well as exclusive, never-before-seen extras.
- Saga Book One – Collects Saga #1–18.
- Saga Book Two – Collects Saga #19–36.
- Saga Book Three – Collects Saga #37–54.
Collecting Saga into a massive paperback edition.
- Saga Compendium One – Collects Saga #1–54.