Do you need a good lawyer in Philadelphia?
Who are Rosato and Associates?
Written by American author Lisa Scottoline, Rosato and Associates is a series of legal thrillers—have appeared on the New York Times Best Seller List—about women who are partners at a law firm.
The managing partner of the firm is Benedetta Rosato and she works with Mary DiNunzio, Judy Carrier, and Anne Murphy. Each book focuses on a different main character and a different case (mostly), some more personal than others. When Mary DiNunzio became a partner in the firm, the name of the series changed to Rosato & DiNunzio.
Rosato and Associates Books in Order:
- Everywhere That Mary Went – Mary DiNunzio is trying to make partner in her cutthroat Philadelphia law firm. She’s too busy to worry about the crank phone calls that she’s been getting—until they fall into a sinister pattern. Mary can’t shake the sensation that someone is watching her. Following her every move. Then the shadowboxing turns deadly, and she has to fight for something a lot more important than a partnership—her life.
- Legal Tender – Without warning, a savage murder tears the firm apart. All evidence points to Bennie Rosato, a maverick lawyer who has motive aplenty and an unconfirmable alibi. Mary DiNunzio’s world turns upside-down as the lawyer becomes the client, and the law is now after her. When another killing takes place, Bennie runs for her life, a fugitive armed only with her wits and courage. She is determined to find the real killer — or die trying.
- Rough Justice – Criminal lawyer Marta Richter is hours away from winning an acquittal for her client, millionaire businessman Elliot Steere. Elliot is on trial for the murder of a homeless man who had tried to carjack him. But as the jury begins deliberations, Marta discovers the chilling truth about her client’s innocence. Taking justice into her own hands, she sets out to prove the truth, with the help of two young associates.
- Mistaken Identity – When a new client who’s been accused of murder—and who bears an astonishing resemblance to Bennie Rosato—asks the crusading criminal defense attorney to take her case, Bennie finds herself entangled in a sticky web of murder, corruption, and violence that threatens to reveal the shocking truth about her own past.
- Moment of Truth – When attorney Jack Newlin discovers his wife dead in their home, he’s convinced he knows who killed her—and is equally determined to hide the truth. He decides to frame himself for murder, and to seal his fate he hires the most inexperienced lawyer he can find: a reluctant rookie by the name of Mary DiNunzio from the hot Philadelphia firm of Rosato & Associates.
- The Vendetta Defense – Judy Carrier takes the case of her career to defend Anthony Lucia, fondly known as “Pigeon Tony,” who freely admits to killing his lifelong enemy in order to settle a personal vendetta. Her client’s guilt, however, is only the beginning of Judy’s problems. The victim’s family wants revenge and is determined to finish off Pigeon Tony and Judy before the case goes to trial.
- Courting Trouble – Anne Murphy is the redheaded rookie at the law firm of Rosato & Associates, and one morning she wakes up to front-page headlines proclaiming lawyer murdered — above her own picture. If she wants to stay alive, she’s got to play dead. She’ll have to trust people she barely knows — colleagues who hate her, homicide cops who want her out of the crime-fighting business, and a new love who inconveniently happens to be opposing counsel.
- Dead Ringer – Bennie Rosato is fighting the battle of her life — against her own twin. The action starts innocently enough, with a stolen wallet, but in no time events escalate and the twin wreaks havoc that can be created only by a dead ringer. Her twin tries to destroy Bennie’s law firm, Rosato & Associates, and then strikes at her very heart. But when a brutal murder occurs, Bennie realizes that the stakes have turned deadly. And the face of evil looks like her own.
- Killer Smile – With the halfhearted okay of her boss at the boutique Philly firm of Rosato & Associates, insecure young lawyer Mary DiNunzio takes on a pro bono case. What’s more, the client is dead and the case is half a century old, involving an Italian fisherman interned at a camp in Montana during World War II. Mary wants to prove herself, but things suddenly heat up when people she has interviewed start dropping dead.
- Lady Killer – The last person Mary DiNunzio expects to see is Trish Gambini, a super-foxy hair colorist―and Mary’s high school rival. But the once fearless teenager has become a woman terrified of her live-in boyfriend, Bobby Mancuso, an abusive, gun-toting drug dealer for the mob. Mary remembers Bobby very well. He was her first high school crush . . . and more.
- Think Twice – Bennie Rosato looks exactly like her identical twin, Alice Connelly, but they are two very different women. Or at least that’s what Bennie believes―until she finds herself buried alive at the hands of her twin. Meanwhile, Alice takes over Bennie’s life to escape the deadly mess she has made of her own life. But soon, in her determination to stay alive long enough to exact revenge, Bennie must face the twisted truth that she is more like Alice than she could have ever imagined…
Rosato & DiNunzio Books in Order:
- Accused – Mary DiNunzio, who just made partner, takes on her most unusual case yet, brought to the firm by Allegra Gardner, a thirteen-year-old genius from an extraordinarily wealthy family. Allegra’s sister, Fiona, was murdered six years ago: the accused, Lonnie Stall, was seen fleeing the scene; his blood was on Fiona and her blood was on him; and Stall pleaded guilty. But Allegra believes Stall is innocent―and wrongly imprisoned.
- Betrayed – Maverick lawyer Judy Carrier has always championed the underdog. When Iris, the housekeeper and best friend of Judy’s beloved aunt, is found dead of an apparent heart attack, Judy begins to suspect foul play. The circumstances of the death leave Judy with more questions than answers. As she begins an investigation, Judy discovers a shocking truth that confounds her expectations…
- Corrupted – Bennie Rosato was never able to do right by Jason Lefkavick, who was sent to a juvenile detention center for defending himself against a class bully. Years later, the case still haunts her. And now that Jason has ended up in trouble again, Bennie sees no choice but to help him. Jason, who has spent most of his life in and out of prison, has been indicted for killing the same man who bullied him as a kid.
- Damaged – Ten-year-old Patrick O’Brien is accused of attacking a school aide. The aide promptly quits and sues the boy, his family, and the school district. Patrick’s grandfather turns to the law firm of Rosato & DiNunzio for help, and Mary DiNunzio becomes Patrick’s true champion and his only hope for security and justice. But there is more to the story than meets the eye and Patrick might be more troubled than he seems.
- Exposed – Mary DiNunzio is only too happy to help her longtime friend Simon Pensiera when he’s wrongly fired by his employer. She’s all set to file a lawsuit on Simon’s behalf until her partner, Bennie Rosato, informs her that their firm represents the parent company. Bennie believes that creates a conflict of interest, and pleads with Mary not to take on Simon’s case. But Mary is prepared to do whatever it takes to stand her ground and fight for Simon―and for justice.
- Feared – When three men announce that they are suing the Rosato & DiNunzio law firm for reverse sex discrimination―claiming that they were not hired because they were men―Mary DiNunzio and Bennie Rosato are outraged. To make matters worse, their one male employee, John Foxman, intends to resign, claiming that there is some truth to this case. The plaintiffs’ lawyer is Nick Machiavelli, who has already lost to Mary once and is now back with a vengeance ―determined not to not only win, but destroy the firm.
If you like Rosato and Associates, you may also want to check out the Jack Swyteck series, or the work of Jodi Picoult. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.