Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
Seek the truth, seek the codes with Robert Langdon…
What is the Robert Langdon series about?
You possibly know him as Tom Hanks in Ron Howard’s adaptations of Dan Brown’s books. Robert Langdon is a famous Harvard University professor of history of art and “symbology”, a fictional field related to the study of historic symbols.
No one will be surprised to know that professor Langdon has an eidetic memory, with a brilliant problem-solving mind. He’s also a great swimmer, a brilliant artist, and the writer of six books.
Robert Langdon is written by Dan Brown “the man he wishes he could be,” but was also inspired by American writer Joseph Campbell. He is described as looking like “Harrison Ford in Harris tweed.” He is often wearing his Mickey Mouse watch, a gift from his parents on his tenth birthday.
Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol was adapted as a TV Show–on the streaming service Peacock–starring Ashley Zukerman as Robert Langdon.
How to read the Robert Langdon Books in Order?
Every book in the Robert Langdon series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- Angels & Demons – When world-renowned Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is summoned to his first assignment to a Swiss research facility to analyze a mysterious symbol—seared into the chest of a murdered physicist—he discovers evidence of the resurgence of an ancient secret brotherhood known as the Illuminati… Langdon’s worst fears are confirmed on the eve of the Vatican’s holy conclave, when a messenger of the Illuminati announces they have hidden an unstoppable time bomb at the very heart of Vatican City. With the countdown under way, Langdon jets to Rome to join forces with Vittoria Vetra, a mysterious Italian scientist, to assist the Vatican in a desperate bid for survival.
- The Da Vinci Code – The elderly curator of the Louvre has been murdered inside the museum, his body covered in baffling symbols. Even more startling, the late curator was involved in the Priory of Sion—a secret society whose members included Sir Isaac Newton, Victor Hugo, and Da Vinci—and he guarded a breathtaking historical secret. Langdon and gifted French cryptologist Sophie Neveu must sort through the bizarre riddles and decipher the labyrinthine puzzle or an ancient truth will be lost forever.
- The Lost Symbol – When his mentor Peter Solomon—a long-standing Mason and beloved philanthropist—is kidnapped, famed Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon realizes that the only way to save Solomon is to accept the mystical invitation he received and plunge headlong into a clandestine world of Masonic secrets, hidden history, and one inconceivable truth . . .
- Inferno – Robert Langdon awakens in an Italian hospital, disoriented and with no recollection of the past thirty-six hours, including the origin of the macabre object hidden in his belongings. With a relentless female assassin trailing them through Florence, he and his resourceful doctor, Sienna Brooks, are forced to flee. Embarking on a harrowing journey, they must unravel a series of codes, which are the work of a brilliant scientist whose obsession with the end of the world is matched only by his passion for one of the most influential masterpieces ever written, Dante Alighieri’s The Inferno.
- Origin – Langdon arrives at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao to attend the unveiling of a discovery that “will change the face of science forever », but the evening is blown apart before the discovery can be revealed. With Ambra Vidal, the elegant museum director, Langdon travels to Barcelona on a perilous quest to uncover clues that ultimately bring them face-to-face with the shocking discovery… and the breathtaking truth that has long eluded us.
If you like our article about the Robert Langdon series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!