A recipe for murder.
Who is Poppy McAllister?
Written by author Libby Klein, the Poppy McAllister Mystery Series follows the newly widowed Poppy McAllister, a forty-something woman who moved back to her hometown of Cape May after the death of her husband.
Between transforming her aunt’s Victorian house into a bed and breakfast, dealing with her ex-mother-in-law, and making gluten-free recipes, Poppy also does a lot of super sleuthing and resolves some murder mysteries.
Poppy McAllister Books in Order:
Every book in the Poppy McAllister series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- Class Reunions Are Murder – There’s no way on earth Poppy is attending her twenty-five-year class reunion. At least, not until Poppy’s best friend practically drags her to the event. Poppy vows to leave Cape May with pride and Spanx intact. Too bad Barbie is still the queen of mean at the reunion. And worse, that her dead body is lying right in front of Poppy’s old locker. Singled out as the killer, it’s up to Poppy to confront her past and clear her name.
- Midnight Snacks are Murder – When a local humanitarian who worked with troubled teens is found murdered, the police suspect Aunt Ginny. Other than a bad case of sleepwalking and some mild knickknack kleptomania, Aunt Ginny is harmless. Someone’s trying to frame her. Poppy will need to work tirelessly to uncover the killer and put the case to rest.
- Restaurant Weeks Are Murder – working in a professional kitchen has always been Poppy McAllister‘s dream. Now it’s coming true, at least briefly, as she teams up with her former fiancée, Tim–and his partner, Gigi–during the high-profile Restaurant Week challenge. When one of the judges died after taking a bite of Poppy’s cannoli—it’s making her the chef suspect.
- Theater Nights Are Murder – A Senior Center stage of Mamma Mia is lated to open February 13th, and the production seems to be cursed–with stolen props, sabotage, and even a death threat. But when a cast member plunges to his death from a catwalk, it soon becomes clear a murderer is waiting in the wings. Now Polly, Aunt Ginny, and a supporting cast must take center stage to catch the killer.
- Wine Tastings Are Murder – Poppy and Aunt Ginny agreed to host a Wine and Cheese Happy Hour for a tour group at their Butterfly House Bed and Breakfast on the Jersey Shore. Soon, grumpy guest Vince Baker drops dead. Turns out he’s been poisoned, and it seems like everybody on the tour is hiding something. Now Poppy has to put her gluten-free baking on the back burner and bottle up her feelings for the two men in her life while she charges after a bitter killer with a lethal case of sour grapes.
- Beauty Expos Are Murder – Easter weekend on the Jersey Shore is hopping. Poppy’s Bed and Breakfast is busier than ever, but she needs to leave things in the hopefully capable hands of Aunt Ginny—and paws of Figaro the black smoke Persian. She’s selling her paleo muffins and keto cookies at the Health and Beauty Expo in Cape May’s Convention Hall. Normally sharing a booth with the love of her life would be a treat, but she’s recently discovered secrets that throw her new romance into chaos.
- Antique Auctions Are Murder – Poppy and her Aunt Ginny attend the auction at the annual Cold Spring Village antique show, hoping to bid on an armoire for the B&B, and discover a veritable armory for sale—everything from ancient blades and nineteenth-century guns to such potential killing devices as knitting needles and a blacksmith hammer. Strangely, they don’t see either Courtney Whipple’s son Auggie or rival dealer Grover—or the mysterious item they both claim to own. Then during the auction, a body falls out of the very armoire Poppy was hoping to acquire, stabbed through the heart. Now, surrounded by competitive dealers and makeshift weapons, she must find out who turned the auction house into a slaughterhouse…
If you like our article about the Poppy McAllister series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!