Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
An Owl perspective’s on life.
What is Owl Diaries about?
Written by Rebecca Elliott, The Owl Diaries series is part of Scholastic’s early chapter book line called Branches, which is aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books have for vocation to help readers grow!
The Owl Diaries stars a little owl named Eva Wingdale. She is a creative, cheeky owlet who lives in Treetopolis next door to her best friend Lucy Beakman. Throughout the series, Eva learns a number of valuable — or owl-uable — lessons, from overcoming jealousy and apologizing to friends she’s hurt, to learning to ask for help when she needs it.
Owl Diaries Books in Order:
- Eva’s Tree Top Festival (2015) — Eva Wingdale gets in over her head when she offers to organize a spring festival at school. Even with her best friend Lucy’s help, there is NO way she will get everything done in time. Will Eva have to ask Sue (a.k.a. Meanie McMeanerson) for help? Or will the festival have to be cancelled?
- Eva Sees a Ghost (2015) — Eva sees a ghost! Or at least, she thinks she does . . . With her friend Lucy by her side, Eva goes in search of the ghost. Eek! This owl-dorable series will appeal to girls who love stories about animals and friendship!
- A Woodland Wedding (2016) — Eva’s teacher, Miss Featherbottom, is getting married. All of her students have been invited to the wedding. And Eva starts a Secret Wedding Planners Club! But before Miss Featherbottom walks down the aisle, her necklace goes missing. Eva wants to help! She quickly turns her Wedding Planners Club into a Detectives Club. Can Eva track down the missing necklace before Miss Featherbottom’s wedding is ruined?
- Eva and the New Owl (2016) — A new owl named Hailey starts in Eva’s class at school. Eva is always happy to meet new people, and she’s excited to make a new friend! But the new owl befriends Lucy instead of her. So Eva gets jealous. Lucy is Eva’s best friend! Will Eva lose her best friend? Or can Eva and Lucy BOTH make a new friend?
- Warm Hearts Day (2016) — Everyone is busy making gifts for their loved ones. Eva LOVES crafting, so she creates all sorts of fun gifts and treats for her friends. She is excited to give out her homemade gifts at the big party at the Old Oak Tree. But then Eva realizes she forgot to make gifts for her family! Will she be able to make the gifts in time?
- Baxter is Missing (2017) — A famous author is coming to Treetopolis! Eva and her classmates each have to write a story to share with the author. Eva’s excited! But then something terrible happens: Her pet bat, Baxter, goes missing! Eva can’t think of anything to write about — except how much she misses Baxter! With help from her friends, Eva looks everywhere for Baxter. She even hangs up MISSING posters! Where could Baxter be? And will Eva finish her story in time for the author’s visit?
- The Wildwood Bakery (2017) — Eva’s friend Macy has a little sister who can’t fly on her own. So Eva’s class decides to raise money to buy her a super-cool flying chair! Half of the class opens a bakery to raise the money. The other half opens a candy store. Soon the owls are competing to see whose shop can make the most money. But they will all need to work together to raise enough money for the special chair. Can Eva get everyone to work as a team?
- Eva and the Lost Pony (2018) — A big storm is coming to Treetopolis! Eva and her classmates are also getting ready to take their very important Owl Oath — a promise to protect the other animals in the forest by being brave and wise and kind. Eva needs to come up with a project that proves she is ready to take the oath. When the storm hits, Eva tries to help a lost pony. But it’s so rainy and windy that she gets caught in the storm, too! Will Eva be brave and wise and kind enough to save the day?
- Eva’s Big Sleepover (2018) — It’s almost Eva’s birthday, and she can’t wait for her super-special sleepover. But one of her friends, Sue, doesn’t seem to want to come. It won’t be right without her there! Does Sue really not want to come? Or could she be having first-sleepover jitters? Eva will need to help Sue tackle her fear in time for the big party!
- Eva and Baby Mo (2019) — Eva is excited to babysit her little brother, Mo. She and her friends prepare bug candy snacks, a puppet show, and a song to sing him to sleep. They are ready for ANYTHING! But soon, Eva discovers that taking care of a little baby is a BIG job. Can she put baby Mo to sleep before Mom and Dad get home?
- Trip to the Pumpkin Farm (2019) — Eva’s class cannot wait for their field trip to the pumpkin farm! On the farm, they pick apples, milk cows, and even make new friends. But then an award-winning pumpkin goes missing! Eva and her friends will have to solve the mystery. Will they find the pumpkin in time for the holiday party… and also help a friend in need? In this sweet fall story, Eva discovers that everyone has something to be thankful for!
- Eva’s Campfire Adventure (2019) — Eva can’t wait to go camping with her classmates! They pitch tents, eat yummy campfire treats, and build useful inventions. Best of all, they go on a treasure hunt through the forest. Join Eva and her friends as they work together to find the treasure!
- Eva in the Spotlight (2020) — Treetop Owlementary is putting on a play! Eva and her friends can’t wait to try out for parts, learn their lines, and build the sets! But when Sue gets cast in the starring role, Eva worries she won’t have a chance to shine. Will Eva have her moment in the spotlight, too?
- Eva at the Beach (2021) — Eva is visiting the beach with her best friend Lucy! They can’t wait to build sandcastles and make seashell necklaces. But Eva is secretly afraid to go swimming because of the big fish — like sharks! — that live in the sea. After Eva hears the “Legend of the Mermowls” and spots her classmate Sue in the water, the sea doesn’t seem so scary. Will Eva face her fears and maybe find some magic at the beach, too?
- Eva’s New Pet (2021) — Eva can’t wait to get a new pet! But she can’t decide what kind of pet to get. Her pet needs to be cute, cuddly, friendly… and, of course, get along with her bat, Baxter. Eva’s friend Lucy has a great idea: They will pet-sit for all their friends to find out which animal is right for Eva! Chaos breaks out as they look after a bumblebee, a tortoise, a goldfish, and more. Will Baxter be able to help Eva discover which pet is just-right for their family?
- Get Well, Eva (2022) — Oh no! Eva has hurt her wing in a game of wingball. She visits the hospital and needs to wear a sling for a week. But the problem is, now she can’t write in her diary! Luckily her friends and family are ready to step in and lend a helping wing.
- Eva in the Band (2022) — Eva is ready to rock out at the Woodlandstock Music Festival! But when another band can’t make it, Eva and her friends are ready to step in. Will they be able to form their own band in time to save the festival? And who will be their band’s star singer?
If you like Owl Diaries, you may also want to see our Dr Seuss reading order, or our guide to Calvin and Hobbes. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.