Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
A lone human soldier in space…
What is the Omega Force series about?
Science-Fiction series coming from Joshua Dalzelle, the Omega Force series tells us the adventures of Jason Burke, a lone human in space who became a soldier.
Jason Burke has linked up with five other aliens to try their luck as hired guns. They are called Omega Force and their mandate is to help those who don’t have the means to help themselves. They never accept a job that would compromise the honor code they live by.
Omega Force Books in Order:
- Omega Rising – Jason Burke was a man hiding from himself in a small cabin high in the American Rocky Mountains when his simple, quiet life was shattered one night by what he first assumed was an aviation mishap. But when he investigates the crash, he suddenly finds himself trapped on a damaged alien spacecraft and plunged into a universe of interstellar crime lords and government conspiracies, along the way meeting strange new friends… and enemies. As he struggles to find his way back home he is inexorably drawn deeper into a world where one misstep could mean his death. Or worse. He desperately wants to get back to Earth, but it may be the end for him. … or is it just the beginning?
- Soldiers of Fortune – After the daring rescue of a political dissident, Omega Force is contracted to investigate a rash of violent attacks on civilian shipping lanes within a group of star systems known as the Concordian Cluster. It seems a simple enough job with a huge payday at the end and it’s exactly what the ragtag group of mercenaries needs in order to keep their ship flying and to stay one step ahead of those hunting them. However, the further they delve into the seedy underworld of the Cluster the more they realize they may be in over their heads.
- Savage Homecoming – Ever since he joined Omega Force, Captain Jason Burke has lived with the underlying fear that one day Earth would be discovered. His desire to keep Earth’s existence and location a secret has driven him to extremes, and kept him far away from his homeworld for a long time. But now Jason’s greatest fear is realized, and a fleet of alien ships has attacked his planet. Omega Force rushes to Earth’s defense, but the ships are like none they’ve ever encountered, and employ weapons they have no defense for.
- The Enemy Within – The quadrant is burning. Violent, deadly uprisings are breaking out, seemingly at random, all across the Confederation’s sphere of influence. The response by the powerful Confederation Fleet has been swift and decisive, but for every planet they restore order to, another erupts into chaos. Omega Force is working along the frontier worlds when they’re forced to come to the aid of a longtime ally and soon realize that the two events are not unrelated.
- Return of the Archon – Each member of Omega Force carries his own baggage. Most of them are running from their past, or simply trying to forget it. One member of the small mercenary crew is not who he claims to be, however. When his former life collides with his current one, the team is drawn into a conflict that could have profound consequences for the future of an entire species.
- Secret of the Phoenix – Captain Jason Burke has begun to suspect that the random attacks on his ship and crew over the last couple of years may not be so random after all. Evidence is mounting that there is something on the Phoenix … something that powerful factions will stop at nothing to get their hands on. While Omega Force races to find out what is hidden on their ship that is causing so much trouble they also must figure out why such powerful enemies bent on obtaining it.
- Redemption – There is a fine line between right and wrong, good and evil. For years Jason Burke has straddled that line as best he can. But as he reflects on his time with Omega Force, he begins to have his doubts. When strange happenings from the mysterious Avarian Empire cross the expanse and Jason and Omega Force is pulled into the conflict, they must pick sides between two superpowers, all without knowing whom they can trust.
- The Human Factor – Captain Jason Burke is a man apart. The changes to his body and to his genetic code have made him faster, stronger, more able to survive in his dangerous occupation … but they’ve also ensured that he’ll never truly fit in with others of his species. He always assumed he would live and die with his crew and never lay eyes on another human again, so he was completely unprepared for the crisis that is brought to his doorstep. The mercenary captain learns that Earth may be in danger and, worse, that he may have been a contributing factor.
- Revolution – For thousands of years the ConFed has been the most powerful force in the quadrant. It is the umbrella under which hundreds of planets and trillions live in relative peace … despite the corruption and waste, it’s a system that most accept as preferable to the chaos that would ensue in its absence. Rumors have swirled around about the demise of the ConFed for as long as Jason Burke had been in space. He largely ignored them … until now. For the first time since any of the members of Omega Force can remember, someone may have actually figured out how to slay the beast without even having to engage the powerful ConFed fleet. As one crewmember’s past seems connected to the current trouble, Jason must what side of the fight he’s on.
- Legends Never Die – Jason Burke is a broken man. The loss of his friend and crewmate on an ill-fated mission to a Pillar World has left him in a downward spiral of rage and self-destruction. But what if Lucky hadn’t actually died on that planet? While Omega Force tries to pull itself together for the sake of their friend they also learn that a ruthless new faction has seized control of the ConFed Council and now threatens the stability of the entire quadrant.
- Rebellion – The quadrant is on the brink of all-out civil war, but almost nobody knows it. Omega Force needs allies, and needs them quickly. After the unprovoked invasion of a neighboring superpower by the ConFed, Jason finds out that most of their military hadn’t been destroyed but instead remains hidden while the ConFed continues to hunt them down. If he can find the missing fleets and convince them to join his fight, he just might be able to hit back at the Machine before it invades another sovereign nation.
- The Pandora Paradox – It started with a revolution nobody had even realized occurred… Its cruelty sparked a rebellion that everyone refused to admit existed… Now, the Machine reigns supreme in the galaxy, and the real fight is just beginning. Omega Force keenly feels the weight of responsibility for the Machine’s arrival in the quadrant, but even with the resources of the Blazing Sun organized crime syndicate backing them, there’s only so much the small mercenary crew can do against the malevolent AI that has already usurped control of most of the government. Captain Jason Burke knows that along with the Machine, something else came back from the outer regions… something he’s kept a secret from everybody, even his own crew.
- To Hell and Back – A new killer is cutting a bloody swath through the frontier worlds. Rumors of its exploits are spreading and, like a ghost, nobody even knows what it looks like. Captain Jason Burke and his crew watch this growing menace with a mix of unease… and guilt. They know who this killer is. He used to be one of them. Seven, as he now called himself, is their former crewmate. The powerful, sentient machine that had once gone by Lucky has suffered a psychotic break and is now a problem that Omega Force has to deal with.
If you like Omega Force, you may also want to see our Lost Fleet reading order or our guide to the Safehold series. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.